Fun Facts and Fotos of Israel
There is nothing like the beauty of a country and its people to really inspire and touch the heart of a person in miraculous ways, changing our knowledge of what we believe to be truth. No place in the world is more inspiring and awe striking than a tiny piece of land no bigger than New Jersey.
Only in Israel can one go from Jerusalem, where it is snowing, to twenty miles away in the desert, where one can go hiking sleeveless, in the middle of December and come across completely different terrains. In the north are the mountains and in the south there is the desert. In the middle of the country are all the plains where the crops are grown. The Galilee is the only source of fresh water to the whole country, farming included. Jerusalem is the crowning glory of Israel. It sits right on the border of the desert. One can look from the Mount of Olives straight into the desert.
However, more than the natural beauty in Israel is the beauty of the citizens of Israel; not only physically but spiritually and mentally. With the population roughly the size of New York City, Israeli’s may appear abrupt. However, once they develop a relationship with someone, they will gladly die in their place. They are very heartwarming people under the surface. They observe their religious beliefs with a passion and fervor; not because the Torah requires it, but because they want to do it. It is so beautiful to watch a family as they perform their Sabbath meals, and watch the faces of the family glow with happiness.
Israeli’s may not have much in material possesions, but they have a lot to offer the world in family and happiness. They offer beauty of a whole new kind; beauty more than skin deep. Israel is special and unique.
View the slideshow to see beautiful and unique images from all around Israel.
Fun Facts About Israel
- Israel is roughly half the size of Lake Michigan.
- The cell phone was developed in Israel at Motorola's largest location.
- Voicemail, was also invented in Israel.
- The first anti-virus was developed in 1979 in Israel
- Pentium MMX technology was developed in Israel at Intel. Centrino and Pentium processors were also developed and made in Israel.
- Four young Israelis developed the technology for AOL Instant Messenger and ICQ.
- Over the past 50 years, Israel is the only country in the Middle East with a Christian population increase.
- Israel is the only country in the Middle East that allows Jews, Christians, and Muslims to vote.
- Israel is also the only country in the Middle East with the most independent and free Arabic press.
- Israel's economy is larger than all its immediate neighbors combined, averaging $100 billion.
- Albert Einstein was offered presidency of Israel in 1952; however, he did decline the invitation.
- For all of you who lick stamps, the glue on stamps in Israel IS kosher.
- After the U.S. and Canada, Israel has the highest number of companies listed on the stock exchange.
- Israeli bank notes have Braille on them.
- One-third of Israelis are volunteers.
- Israel has the highest number of scientist and technicians per capita, 145 per 10,000.
- Israel has the larget fleets of military aircraft other than the United States with more than 250 f-16s.
- The two most common surnames in Israel or Levi and Cohen.
- Over the past seven years, agricultural out put has increased. Thanks to the drip water system Israel uses, there has been no increase in the amount of water used.
- Israel receives more media coverage per capita than any other country in the world.
- Palestinians have been asked in polls since 1996, which governments they approved of the most. Israel came in the top every time.
- The nightclub Haomon 17 is one of the top in the world and often has international DJ's spinning there all the time.
- Israel has the highest university degrees per capita
Current Technology and Research In Israel
- Israeli company SHL has developed a portable electrocardiograph machine that sends highly detailed information to physicians via cell phones.
- An innovate hearing aid has been deveoloped by Israeli company Audiodent. The hearing aid clips inside the mouth using the teeth and jawbone to transmit audio waves to the brain.
- A team of researchers have discovered the molecular make-up of psoriasis.
- The pharmaceutical company Pfizer has gained license from Israeli researchers who have found a gene that could cure blinding eye disease.
- Israeli researchers have found a way to replace antibiotics with amino acids and fatty acids.
- The Weizmann Institute has been able to prove how transplanted tissues from a pig embryo will one day be able to make blood clots in hemophilia patients.
- An Israeli computer program has been clinically proven to give an accurate prognosis of how effective chemotherapy will be on a breast cancer patient.
- Professor Aumann is the fourth Israeli in four years to win a Nobel Peace Prize.
- The Weizmann Institute of Science has been voted the best university in the world for science research.
- Images from Mars was transmitted using an Israeli algorithm.
For more research and technology facts visit the Israel21c website.
Click here for interesting facts on Jerusalem.
More by this Author
If you are traveling outside of a tour group to Israel, it is very important to know how to travel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. In todays times, it is very important to experience all of Israel while at the same time...
Starting at the top of the Mount of Olives, walking down Palm Sunday Road, and ending at the Eastern Gate, the path that Jesus took his last days in Israel is a spiritual journey for many tourists. It was on this road...
Some girls love to shop for shoes. Some girls love to shop for purses. Some girls love to shop for jewellery. But I am not some girl. I love to shop high and low for the best and the cheapest hair products in existence....