Top Upscale Expense Account Restaurants Near Moscone Convention Center San Francisco
Eating Well During A Convention
Just because it's a convention that brings you to San Francisco, that doesn't mean you can't try some of San Francisco's best restaurants while you are in San Francisco for a convention at Moscone Center.
Some of San Francisco's finest chef-driven restaurants are located within a few short blocks of Moscone Center. All it takes to taste some of San Francisco's best food is knowing where to go.
Here is a run-down of some of the finest San Francisco fine dining expense account restaurants within an easy walk of Moscone Convention Center. Whether you want a steak house, Asian fusion cuisine, an exclusive tasting menu, California cuisine, French or Italian (to name just a few options!) there is something for everyone within just a few blocks of Moscone Center.
Top Fine Dining Restaurants (over $50 per person) Near Moscone Convention Center
- Alexander's Steakhouse (448 Brannan Street, bet. Third and Fourth streets): A relative newcomer in a splashy restaurant space built out during the first dot-com boom, Alexander's is no flash-in-the-pan restaurant. It has lofty goals, and takes risks with its menu, offering the city's most expensive truffle menu and a 6-course prix-fixe dessert menu for $55, not to mention top quality, perfectly-cooked steaks.
- Ame (689 Misison St. at 3rd, in the St. Regis Hotel): This is a real foodie restaurant, featuring local produce cooked to Asian-fusion perfection. The owners also run Terra in St. Helena, one of Napa Valley's top restaurants.
- Benu (22 Hawthorne Lane, bet. Tehama and Folsom): The chef who created this five-star restaurant won Rising Chef of the year for his work at the Napa Valley's French Laundry — the Bay Area's best restaurant. Benu is his recreation of the French Laundry experience in the city. It is sleek and clean and so is the food, which comes as a multi-course tasting menu.
- Fifth Floor (12 Fourth Street at Market, on the 5th floor of the Hotel Palomar): This is a special occasion restaurant for San Franciscans. The restaurant has its own herb garden, offers top-notch contemporary fare in a high-style modern room, and the wine list is one of the best in the city. The bar's not bad, either.
- Lark Creek Steak: (Westfield Center; 845 Market St. 4th Floor, bet. 4th and 5th): Don't be deceived by Lark Creek Steak's mall location — this is one of the best steakhouses in the city and many professional athletes eat here when their teams play in San Francisco or Oakland. It is owned by one of the Bay Area's top restaurant groups.
- Luce (888 Howard St. bet. 4th and 5th, in the InterContinental Hotel): The chef who established this Cal-Italian menu, Dominique Crenn, has been named Best Chef of the Year by GQ Magazine and also appeared on Iron Chef. The sophisticated, stylish dining room is the nicest you will find this close to Moscone West.
- RN74 (301 Mission St. at Beale): This sleek restaurant is a wine-focused space from Michael Mina, one of San Francisco's best celebrity chefs, with several restaurants here and in Las Vegas, among other places.
- XYZ (181 Third St. at Howard, in the W Hotel): The menu features local, sustainable produce cooked in contemporary California fashion.
- Yank Sing (49 Stevenson St., bet. 1st and 2nd St.): The dim sum here is expensive as far as dim-sum goes, but it delicious and high quality. Definitely try the Shanghai style soup dumplings, and the Peking Duck is also a must.
- Zaré at Fly Trap (606 Folsom St. at 2nd Street): Mediterranean food in a charming setting. The bar scene gets hopping.
Where to find high end restaurants near Moscone Center
More by this Author
San Francisco is known as a restaurant town, with some of the finest food available anywhere. But some restaurants are more San Francisco than others. Here are 7 restaurants you would only find in San Francisco.
San Francisco is home to some of the best chocolate makers in the world. Learn who they are, and where you can find them.
Easy tips, recipes and recommendations to eliminate foul cat pee odors.
No comments yet.