The Best Of Texas
Why everyone loves Texas
I am sure that every state out there has something to offer tourists and residents alike. But if you haven’t been to Texas-you haven’t seen nothing yet. There is a grocery list of all that there is to love and admire about this great state-and after careful consideration and questions to my closest 75 internet pals- I have come up with the –TEN BEST AND BIGGEST THINGS THERE IS TO LOVE ABOUT TEXAS.
The Texas Hill Country
Night life is good...
The San Antonio Spurs and Cost of Living
10. Texas would not be Texas without, none other than the one & only-San Antonio Spurs… Not only do the San Antonio Spurs have a handful of championships under their belt, they areSTAND UP CITIZENS- genuinely nice guys with a limited amount of drama rotating around their team. Watch an interview-you never hear them saying anything harsh or negative against their competition-many interviews I’ve seen, they give their competition props for their footwork and game strategies. The San Antonio Spurs are great winners because they aren’t sour losers-which gives them a secure spot in the Texas Top Ten…
9. When you go to the store in the Lone Star State, you can walk out with a cart full of groceries for under $300. A carton of eggs and a gallon of milk doesn’t cost you an hours worth of work here. The fact that the cost of living in Texas is less than the cost of living in New York-New Jersey- California- Hawaii and most of the United States; is one of the greatest perks of living in Texas.
The Beauty of Downtown San Antonio
This is Truck Country
8. There is in deed a little something for everyone in Texas. If you like city living- try Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, and San Antonio. If you are looking for a liberal college town-we have Austin. If you need a retreat to the beach-Corpus Christi is the place for you and if you rather have dry conditions we have-El Paso. The DFW Airport out of Dallas/Fort Worth is the perfect place to catch a flight to anywhere, and for the ladies that like to shop till they drop, Houston has a mall worth falling for. All of this is all here, and here is Texas.
7. I love the 'Yes Ma’am.' and 'No Sir’s '; you get from the folks (people) you speak to. I appreciate the small things like, when you let someone cut in-in front of you during rush hour traffic- they throw their hand in the air and give you a little wave to say thanks. I don’t know about you-but the fact that I know my neighbors and they watch my house when I am not home, is something that makes a house feel like you are coming home. It’s called southern hospitality-and it’s apart of life, and apart of Texas.
6. I am a country girl-which may help explain why having an abundance of Pick-Up Trucks and SUV’s- has made it onto this list. I know-I know, there are trucks everywhere. But not like in Texas, where a pickup can be so many different things. We have Crew Cabs-Extended Cabs-Mega Cabs-Dually’s-Diesels/Turbo Diesels-Tow Hooks-Goose Necks-2 wheel drive/4 wheel drive/ all wheel drive-Standard/Automatic-V4/V6/V8/V10-there are trailer breaks to be reckoned with. Do you need your truck to be fully loaded? Or can you survive without dual heated 10 way adjustable power seats/self adjusting pedals and rear entertainment; there are trucks for work…trucks for play… We got trucks with All Leather like a Lariat or King Ranch- we got the basic XL- the stunning Z71-we have Sports Editions/Off Road Editions and Limited Editions. You ain't in Kansas anymore baby-This is Texas and Texas is most definitely Truck Country…
The views at the lake
Breakfast Taco's (need I say more?)
5. Mexican food in the better part of Texas is not considered to be Taco Bell. We have authentic Mexican Food. With Tortillas and Tamales, and salsa that has chucks of vegetables in it-rather than watered down ketchup. We got the spicy kick that gives Texas its spicy flavor and untouchable contribution to fantastic cuisine. We have breakfast Taco’s- sure if you eat them everyday that belly may double in size within a month or two-but they are so, so, so, so good… Tortilla stuffed with eggs-bacon-sausage-sprinkled with melted cheese and smothered with picante sauce, topped off with slices of jalapeño…LOVE IT!!! It is worth the additional pant size….
4. I love central A/C--- granted it can get hotter than hell down in the south…We are soothed with our central Air Conditioning. I recall being and living in other places where, central air was unseen technology- I need my central air… I am a big baby and take3 showers a day in the heat of the summer-but because of the best things in Texas- I can deal with the heat as long as I never lose my Central Air Conditioning.
We love a good party!
3. If you are in another state, attending an event, you can easily find other people from Texas. It isn't the cowboy hats or boots with spurs, not all of us own such accessories. It isn’t the hair or even look of an individual who calls Texas home. How you ask? You can spot another person from Texas by hearing them. The Texas draw and country twang in their accents are immediate give always that you have found a relatable person to converse with. You have to love the. 'Accent of a Texan'.
2. FIESTA- Along with the San Antonio Spurs-San Antonio makes the list again with the hang out/good time party, known as FIESTA. Fiesta last days (and nights)-made up of celebrations. We have the Oyster Bake-NIOSA (Night in Old San Antonio), there are parades-carnivals, and there is much alcohol as well as a ridiculous amount of attendees to all events that are FIESTA. San Antonio knows how to play. But if you ever have a chance to head to Texas-make sure it’s around FIESTA, and come experience the culture that San Antonio loves to share.
The Tower of America-Fountains
What beautiful sites we have here in Texas
1. Last but certainly not least- I along with all I asked love Texas, because when you ask someone from Texas where they are from. They are always proud to say….TEXAS. No matter the city or town- They say TEXAS-not Houston, not Dallas, not Bandera, or Tyler…They say TEXAS. I wanted to test out if this was true for most residence of any given state. I only asked 15 people that were not from Texas, where they are from-answers were; LA, Miami, Long Beach, Denton, Los Vegas… Do you notice a trend? These are cities… For some reason or another people did not include the state they originated from. Except for the people I asked from Texas-whom if gave me a city at all-included their state. So the results to that little experiment resulted in my #1 favorite thing about Texas-is Texas Pride…
If you ever get a chance to come for awhile or come here to stay-rest assured, there is more than enough room in Texas for all that want to enjoy it…But do us all a big favor…Don’t come here looking for trouble/and thinking you can hide from justice…Cause the Lone Star State also has one other little thing many states have done away with. We still believe in the Death Penalty-so play nice…
Here are more Hubs about Texas
- The Beauty of San Antonio Texas
Sometimes when you live somewhere, you forget how beautiful your surroundings really are. People are always telling me how wonderful the sites in San Antonio and surrounding areas are. The ones who say such...
- How South Texas Deals with the Artic Blast
Who knew that there was actually cold weather in San Antonio? Forecasters are saying, San Antonio is expected to drop into the low 20s, while the Hill Country is expected to be in the teens. They are...
It's all about Texas
More by this Author
Please take a moment to look at the faces of missing children-if it was your child or if it was a story of you and someone you love-you would hope that someone someday would know they have seen one of these faces...
Everyone has heard the saying, Men are Dogs. But have you ever really considered the similarities between Men and Dogs, I have...
Although it is not right, but it is true that people will judge you by your appearance. You may want to consider this before you get a tattoo. Many companies have a dress code that states that you must cover all tattoos...