Cruising Beats All
We have tried different kinds of vacation - a hotel room, a resort unit (1/2 bedrooms) and cruises - and we agree that cruising is by far the best vacation. Cruising is the only vacation we take where at the end we do not want to return home.
I will concede that staying in a resort unit is quite appealing because of what it offers: 1, 2 or 3 bedrooms separate from the living/dining room area; a kitchenette with a refrigerator, stove and microwave. Staying at the resort allows for saving on food. If you’re up for it - you’re on vacation of course - you may buy some groceries to cover breakfast and maybe dinner for some evenings. We own a timeshare and therefore do not have to “pay” for the week when it’s time to go (we make monthly payments). But the bottom line is that you will still have to spend quite a bit (family size has a lot to do with costs) for food and entertainment.
This is quite the opposite with a cruise.
Yes, the cruise costs more per person, but my opinion is that it is a better deal. By the way, you can find a 3-d/4-d cruise for a little over $200 per person if you book early, or 2 months before travel. So what makes the cruise the best deal?
Here are some reasons:
1. Your meals are included in the price and food is available around the clock. Note: Cruise lines offer specialty restaurants for an additional price, but if you don’t want to, you don’t have to eat at any of those;
2. Free entertainment is included - comedy, stage shows, magicians, etc;
3. You get to visit new places and meet new people and do not have to spend anything extra. On our last cruise in February '09, we stopped at Samana, Dominican Republic; St. Thomas, USVI; Tortola, BVI; and Nassau, Bahamas;
4. Cruise ships offer activities for all - reading rooms, art rooms, library, tennis courts, game rooms, basketball courts, pools, fitness centers, kids centers, etc. There are other offerings at a price. You decide if you want these; and,
5. You meet people of multiple nationalities without having to travel the world.
I do not see anything that beats this deal. If you have not cruised, it is time to consider this type of vacation. You will not regret it.
By the way, now is a great time to check cruise prices. The word is that many cruise lines are practically begging people to cruise. You are sure to find super deals.
Happy cruising! Get up and go do it.
No comments yet.
- Travel Network
Check cruise and travel rates at this site.