Charming Cooperstown, New York: Great Food, Relaxation, and Baseball
Food, Relaxation, and Baseball in New York
Whether you crave incredible food, a serene place to relax, or you just love baseball, Cooperstown, New York will be well worth the trip. Here you will find relaxing temperatures (low to mid 80's) in the middle of the summer. Green valleys with rolling hills will envelop you and the horizon will seem endless. Placid blue lakes will bring an unfamiliar peacefullness that strangely the ocean does not possess.
A charming quaint smalltown atmosphere awaits you downtown. There you will find the National Baseball Hall of Fame, endless shops filled with baseball memorabilia of every kind, lots of mouth-watering hand-tossed pizza, quait and comfortable coffee shops, and creative delicious cuisine will surround you. On top of this, you might even see a famous face or two.
The most beautiful hanging flower pots you've ever seen, adorn every lamp pole on the main street. I was enthralled with the fabulous show of flowers bestowed by the shop below. Walk just a few blocks down the road, passing the most charming, well-kept cottages and estates, and you will find that placid blue lake. Take morning strolls along these quiet serene streets and visit the local coffee dive for that must-have cup of joe. It's time to go to Cooperstown, isn't it?
Balcony View From the Otsega Hotel
The Grand Otesega Resort Hotel
Stay at the grand Otesega Resort Hotel, located within walking distance of downtown. According to one review, "This is an old world hotel that still has great old world atmosphere and charm. Relaxing on the rocking chairs on the porch looking at the lake and the golf course. It is a very special place that tries to balance keeping up with the times yet making you feel like you stepped back a hundred years." Providing upscale and casual dining, swimming, golf, and incredible lake views, this place has it all.
Back View of the Otsega HotelClick thumbnail to view full-size
When dining in Cooperstown, New York, you can't go wrong with the list below. These restaurants were carefully researched by examing multiple reviews, location, and menus; finally, they have also been taste-tested as well! Rest assured, the list below reflects first-hand knowledge.
- The Yum Yum Shack, Cuisine: seafood Price range: $15-$30 Location: 4918 State Hwy 28, Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions
- Double Day Cafe, Cuisines: American, Delicatessen, Hamburgers, Location: 93 Main St, Average price: $ 8 Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
- Sal's Pizzeria, Cuisines: Pizza, Location: 110 Main St, Cooperstown, Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
- Hawkeye Bar & Grill, Cuisines: American, 60 Lake Street, Otesaga Resort Hotel, Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
- The Blue Mingo Grill, Cuisine: seafood, West Lake Road, Average price: $ 26, Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Believe it or not, this is Cooperstown: Take an aerial tour at Cooperstown, New York's official website.
- Cooperstown, NY Official Site | This is Cooperstown
Home to the National Baseball Hall of Fame, Cooperstown offers a variety of lodging options, events, and attractions for all ages!
Cooperstown Dreams Park is a main attraction here. Hundreds of boys, and a few girls too, come to play in this magnificent park. Providing the closest experience of playing professional baseball, memories will be made here that leave an awesome impression on a young child's mind and heart.
Travel the beverage trail and visit 4 establishments: Bear Pond Winery, Cooperstown Brewing Company, Ommegang Brewery, and the Fly Creek Cider Mill. Enjoy wine and beer tastings, sample delicious foods, participate in a tour, visit the specialty shops, and most of all enjoy the fantastic view along the way.
- Cooperstown's National Baseball Hall of Fame
If you've not visited the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, NY, then now is the time.
- A Visit to Cooperstown and the National Baseball Hal...
Planning a visit to Cooperstown and the Baseball Hall of fame? Check out this guide to learn everything you need to know for a memorable visit to this shrine to the game of baseball.
More by this Author
Injuring part of the hand can cause long-term pain if not treated correctly in the initial stages. Learn how a mere pinky injury affected my life, and what I did about it.
Have you ever wondered how to crochet a necklace with beads? You will be surprised at how simple it is to do. Get inspired by looking at these examples and follow these simple instructions to create your own beautiful...
If you are trying to get a tan using an indoor tanning facility, there are several things you can do to achieve a beautiful bronze tan.