Checklist for Traveling Abroad
There is nothing like the pure excitement of having the opportunity to travel abroad. Not many people get the chance to go and visit another country. So, when they do sometimes it is easy to forget something’s when you go. So, before you go use the following checklists to make sure that you have the essentials for your trip.
1. Currency- When you arrive at most international airports you have the ability to trade your currency for the currency of the country you are visiting. The local currency for change as their currency is useful in many scenarios. Including tipping, taxi ride, or other needed services that you will most likely use when you arrive. So, when you arrive at the airport try to change at least 100 dollars in currency to the local market.
2. Passports – Passports are extremely important so make sure yours is valid for the trip. Some countries also have strict regulations that your passport must be valid for at least 1 month in addition to the time you, are staying. Also, there are many countries that require a visa to enter them that have an additional cost. So, make sure you have done your research in finding out what the regulations are in the county you are visiting.
3. Passport Copies – always keep a copy of your passport documents in a carry-on bag or in your luggage spate from your original. When you arrive at your destination always keep them in a safe place like a hotel safe. This way if you lose the originals you have a copy until you can get another one.
4. Health insurance cards – Many countries do take insurance cards from other countries. Always check to see if your health insurance provider has connections at your destinations. If, they do always bring your health insurance card, and any additional documents that may be needed in case of an emergency.
5. Emergency Contacts- When traveling most people do not think about emergencies that can happen. However, it is best to be prepared and have all the most recent contacts hand written or typed up somewhere. Important phone numbers to have are relatives, doctors, us embassy, among other phone number. Store them with your passport and other documents in a safe place.
6. Shot records – Some countries require that you have certain immunizations on record before you can enter the country. This goes for children as well so make sure you have the proper documentation for your shots and families shot records with you.
7. Notarized health authorization In the event that you have children, and they are traveling with other relatives. It is always good idea to have a notarized letter of approval in case of an emergency. This way the relatives or people your children are traveling with can have the proper documentation and authority to make health decision in your absence.
8. Notarized travel permission – To prevent the abuse of children many countries require proof of parentage or proof of child heritage when a child is traveling under certain ages. The passport controls for this is common so make sure you have the proper documentation.
9. Hard copy of itinerary – Always have an extra copy of your itinerary and the places you will be staying. Give another copy to relatives and let them know how to reach you in case of an emergency.
10. Leave behind - copy of itinerary, passport copy and contact numbers with a neighbor or relative.
The checklist should be completed before your journey. This way during all the excitement you will be ready and have everything completed. Most of all has a safe and fun journey.
More by this Author
Chile is full of tradition, history, and culture that make it one of the most interesting countries on earth. Here, are some of the top fun and interesting facts about chile
Belize is one of the greatest countries in the world offering wonderful traditionsl, Exotic history and unique culture. Here, are some of the fun and interesting facts about Belize
Taiwan is one of the most unique countries in the world. It provides visitors and tourist many wonderful things to experiance like culture, history, and raditions of tawians people. Here, are 20 of the most interesting...