Cruises From Boston, Massachusetts
The Boston Terminal
We all know that Boston, Massachusetts is rich in history, is a 21st century powerhouse of high-technology and well known for the many famous and renowned restaurants, hotels and museums. Also located in this culture rich city located within two miles of the historic Faneuil Hall and Freedom Trail, is the Black Falcon Cruise Terminal. The terminal is only a 10 minute ride to the Boston Logan International Airport. Each year, over 300,000 passengers will have departed and returned from cruises all over the world. There are many people who chose to use the Boston Cruiseport to add a little sightseeing before or after their cruise. A few extra days in the Boston area offers much to do for singles, couples or families. The "Freedom Trail" is one of the most well known trails in the United States and those wanting to experience it may do so in a walk that takes about an hour. There are museums, the aquarium, great restaurants and more to enjoy and add to your vacation experience.
Freedom Trail Video
Black Falcon Renovation
Just having undergone a huge multimillion dollar renovation, the Boston Cruiseport Terminal also named the 'Black Falcon', offers visitors a modern, clean and efficient location with which to begin a vacation from. This terminal is now the base home port of several cruise ships sailing to Canada, the Caribbean, Europe and other popular destinations. It offers the perfect opportunity to stay a few extra days to explore all Boston has to offer and get in a few more days of fun and relaxation.
Boston Cruiseport Terminal Map
Carnival Cruise Lines
Costa Cruise Lines
Cunard Cruise Line
Holland America Line
Norwegian Cruise Line
Regent Seven Seas
Royal Caribbean International
Seabourn Cruise Line
Cruise Ships Home-Ported in Boston
There are four cruise lines that home port a ship in Boston. The cruise itinerary of these ships is primarily the Western Hemisphere. The ships that have continuous operations out of Boston are the: Norwegian 'Dawn', Holland America 'ms Maasdam', Royal Caribbean 'Jewel of the Sea' and Carnival's 'Glory'.
There are other cruise lines and ships that utilize this port but is not their home base. The blue shaded chart to the right is a list of many of the cruise lines to check with for other available cruises from Black Falcon.
Cruise Critic has a very large following on it's forums containing reviews on ships and itineraries. Here is the link, Norwegian Dawn, which provides reviews of past guests who have sailed on the Norwegian Dawn. There are 893 reviews rating passengers past experiences.
The Ships That Home Port at Boston
Norwegian's Cruise Lines "Norwegian "Dawn" - This ship recently received a complete refurbishment and offers a top of the line suite with over 5,700 sq. ft.; 3 bedrooms, private garden, spa and more.... General features in all of the staterooms include 19" flat-screen TVs, nice storage space and warm decor. The Dawn will delight even the pickest of eaters with great new restaurants, cafes and lounges. Kids will love the entertainment venues designed especially for them.
For more information on Norwegian Cruise Lines as well as any current specials or promotions that are offered from time to time, use Norwegian's Sign-Up for specials page and Norwegian will keep you up-dated. You can also check for their deeply discounted last minute cruises. Cruise agency clearinghouses are also good places to get great last minute cruise deals.
The Norwegian Dawn from the Boston terminal offers the following cruise itineraries:
- Boston to Quebec with ports of call in: Portland, Halifax, Charlottetown, Gaspesie, Quebec, La Baie, Quebec, Quebec, Quebec City (this cruise ends in Quebec City)
- Boston Roundtrip with ports of call in: Portland, Halifax, Charlottetown, Gaspesie, Quebec, La Baie, Quebec City, Corner Brook, Sydney, Saint John (Bay of Fundy), Bar Harbor
- Boston to Tampa with ports of call in: St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands, St. John's, Antigua, Bridgetown, Barbados, Willemstad, Curacao, Oranjestad, Aruba, Cozuel, Mexico, Tampa (this cruise ends in Tampa Florida)
Cruise Critic has a very large following on it's forums containing reviews on every cruise ship by those who have cruised on that particular ship. Here is the link, ms Maasdam, which provides reviews of past guests who have sailed on the ms Maasdam. There are 217 reviews to read from past guests of the Maasdam.
Holland America's "ms Maasdam" This ship is totally luxury and small for a more personal and intimate atmosphere. She features an interior decor of 17th century elegance and sophistication. A Holland America cruise usually offers classes such as photography, gourmet cooking, art and more to enhance learning opportunities while on board. Each stateroom features a private veranda as well as luxury bedding and more personalized attention from the ship's staff.
These are only a few of the itineraries offered by Holland America and itineraries can change so check at Holland America to see their complete descriptions and listings of cruises leaving from Boston, Massachusetts. Here is Holland America's Sign-Up for specials page. Cruise lines often run promotions such as air fare included or children or second person sail for free which can amount to great savings. Once you sign up, you will be notified by Holland of all up-coming specials and promotions that may help you take that European cruise sooner than you thought
Holland's ms. Maasdam from the Boston terminal offers the following cruise itineraries:
- Boston to Amsterdam with ports of call in: Corner Brook, Red Bay, Nanortalik, Reykjavik, Djupivogur, Geiranger, Alesund, Bergen, Amsterdam (end of cruise)
- Boston to Valparaiso (Santiago) with ports of call in: Port Canaveral, San Blas Islands, Panama Canal, Quito, Trujilla, Lima, Sa Serna, Santiago (end of cruise)
- Boston to Montreal with ports of call in: Bar Harbor, Halifax, Sydney, Gulf of St. Lawrence, Prince Edward Island, Quebec City, St. Lawerence River, Montreal (end of cruise)
Cruise Critic has a very large following on it's forums containing reviews on every cruise ship by past guests. Here is the link, Jewel of the Seas, to check out 489 reviews on the Jewel.
Jewel of the Seas
Royal Caribbean's "Jewel of the Seas" This ship is known for offering it's guest nothing but relaxation and incredible views all around. The 'Jewel' is a dazzling Radiance-class ship, that combines sleek swiftness, panoramic vistas, and lots of open spaces for guests to relax and enjoy. For more information and current money saving specials, the Sign-Up page will keep you up to date with all of Royal Caribbean's specials and promotions.
Bar Harbor, Maine
Royal Caribbean's Jewel of the Seas from the Boston terminal offers the following cruise itineraries:
- From Boston, Halifax, Saint John, Bar Harbor, St. John, Halifax, Boston.
- From Boston, Portland, Bar Harbor,St. John, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Boston.
- From Boston, Halifax, St. John, Bar Harbor, Portland, Boston.
- From Boston, Portland, Bar Harbor, St. John, Halifax, Boston.
- From Boston, Halifax, Saint John, Bar Harbor, Portland, Boston.
- From Boston, Portland, Bar Harbor, Saint John, Halifax, Boston.
- From Boston, Portland, Bar Harbor, Saint John, Halifax, Boston.
- From Boston, Basseterre, , Castries, Bridgetown, Willemstad, Oranjestad, Tampa (cruise ends in Florida).
Cruise Critic has a very large following on it's forums containing reviews on every cruise ship by those who have cruised on that particular ship. Here is the link, to the Glory providing 997 reviews about this great "fun" ship.
Carnival's 'Glory' - This ship is known for offering it's guest nothing but tons of fun and relaxation. Great bars, clubs, entertainment and amenities make Carnival a top choice for those looking for lots of fun and excitement.
For more information about Carnival's Glory and to find out about other cruises out of the Boston Cruise Terminal the Sign-Up page will also alert you to all of Carnival's specials and promotions.
Fort Point Lighthouse, Nova Scotia
The Carnival Glory offers many itineraries and ports of call from Boston. They offer several Canada/New England cruises from 4-day to 7-day lengths. This itinerary in the fall affords breathtaking scenery as the trees and other foliage start to turn brilliant hues of orange, red and green. Very reasonable prices for an extended weekend trip to New England in the fall to see all the foliage and changes in leaf colors is not only beautiful but offers the opportunity for some great photos.
The majority of the cruises departing and arriving back in Boston are New England and Canadian ports of call. The video below is an enjoyable sample of what one can expect when choosing a Canadian itinerary.
Video of a Canadian Cruise Aboard ms Maasdam
Money Saving Tips
- Purchase on-board credits throughout the year so that you have pre-paid many of the extras you may purchase on board. Family and friends may pre-pay for on board credits for you as a holiday or other kind of gift.
- Allow yourself plenty of time getting to the Boston Cruiseport Terminal ensuring you won't "miss the boat" due to unexpected delays.
- Don't over pack. Some ships have washers and dryers for passenger use (coin operated) and all ships offer a laundry service in addition to dry cleaning.
- Make sure you have packed your passports as there are no "exceptions" to board if you don't have it.
- $$$ Saver Tip - Look into booking your shore excursions through an excursion company. This saves time from booking on the ship and can also be cheaper. Make sure you make sure the company is reputable.
- Look into travel insurance. Triple AAA is reliable as well as Travel Guard. Many cruises have been ruined by an unexpected accident or event that causes you to be unable to make your cruise or an accident or sickness cuts your cruise early.
- Make sure to pack any medications in your carry-on luggage or purse just in case your luggage is misplaced or lost.
- Make sure you have plenty of one and five dollar bills for tipping.
- Most staterooms have small bath areas so if you pack a shoe organizer to bring, it can be hung on the bathroom door to hold all of your toiletries.
- If you know or think you might have motion sickness, get a prescription from your doctor prior to the cruise.
- $$$ Saver Tip - If you are flexible and can book last minute, you will probably get a very cheap price for that cruise.
- $$$ Saver Tip - The "deals and promotions" links to each cruise line that is home-ported in Boston is here. Take a few moments and fill in the information to be alerted to the savings specials and promotions. The money you can save is well worth the effort.
- Happy Cruising
More by this Author
Vistors have been coming to Ocean City, Maryland since the early 1900's. There are so many attractions and events to enjoy that Ocean City Maryland attracts guests from all over the United States as well as many from...
A comprehensive guide to Caribbean Cruises, Cruise Lines and Caribbean Cruise itineraries. Complete listing of the Caribbean ports of call and the three regions in the Caribbean. Cruise Ships and itineraries of the...
What is your animal personality profile. Studies show four basic personality types, the bull, owl, lamb and tiger. Knowing the types of personalities and understanding the differences improves sales, customer service,...