Discover The Best Spot and Festivals in Japan
The Best Spot in Japan
I have many reasons to state that Japan is a fabulous country. Beside their unbelievable rapid growing industries, like the telecommunication industry, machinery, computer, architecture, automobiles, robotic, and many more. Japan also has many best places to visit and not mention the best festivals yet.
Start from Tokyo, the capital city of Japan and one of the great city in the world. Tokyo has numerous interesting spots and attractions like :
- Asakusa if you love to experience the historical Tokyo, when the city was named Edo. The Sensoji Temple is the main attraction, but the street vendors in the area always has food for sale and amazing crafts. If you love tempura there are many fine restaurants along the street.
- The Imperial Palace is the most equisite spot in the central Tokyo that has very fabulous garden.
- Ginza is a fun visit anytime especially at night. For food and shopping lovers Ginza is the best spot.
- Shinjuku, is a business and shopping area. The best time to visit is at daytime, someone told me that in the evening this area could be a little bit "rough". Whatever that means.
- Shibuya a newer shopping and entertainment area in the western side of Tokyo.
- Akihabara is a must visit spot for gadgets and computer freak :)
- Roppongi is the best place for a nightlife lovers.
Next from Tokyo, there is Nikko a city that has a heritage site protected by UNESCO. The area is closely assosiated with Tokugawa Shogun. The surrounding area of National Park is amazing.
Kamakura is a city that not far from Tokyo too that has many great collections of shrines, temples and monuments.
Osaka is another Japan big city that combined its history and modern economy in a harmony.
Fuji Mountain in Hakone Izu National Park is a must visit location. If you have time to visit Japan, you definitely have to visit Fujiyama. It's the most famous and sacred mountain in Japan.
The Best Festivals in Japan
Speaking about Japan, you could not forget the festivals (Matsuri). Many many festivals have been held in Japan. The Japanese people appreciate their culture and tradition very much. There are about 5 (five) most important festivals in Japan.
- Sapporo Snow Festival in early February, large snow and ice sculptures are built in Odori Park during the Sapporo Yuki Matsuri (Sapporo Snow Festival)
- Takayama Matsuri, is a large fastival that held in spring and autumn about April 14-15 and October 9-10. In that festival a huge and elaborately decorated floats are pulled through the old town of Takayama.
- Sanja Matsuri, is one of the big three festival in Japan. The festival is held in Asakusa shrine. The Mikoshi are carried through the street of Asakusa.
- Awa Odori, that held in Tokushima City (Tokushima Perfecture) is the most famous festival in August 12-15. It's the dancing festival that held across Japan during the Obon season in mid August. Obon is an annual Buddhist event for commemorating one's ancestors. It is believed that each year during obon, the ancestors' spirits return to this world in order to visit their relatives.
- The Chichibu Yomatsuri festival in Chichibu prefecture is one of Japan's three best festivals that featuring large festivals floats (yatai). The festival's takes place in the evening of December 3 every year.
More by this Author
One thing that most popular in Bandung-West Java, Indonesia is the numerous factory outlets that is spread throughout the city. Those factory outlets sell many kind of fashion products, bags, shoes, accessories, belts,...
There is no place like your own hometown. Solo will always be my favorite destination for holiday. You will always come back to your hometown, visiting families, relatives, hanging out with old buddies, visiting local...
MBC Korea has one new Saeguk (Historical) drama series. The title is "Dong Yi". This series replace "Pasta" and "The Great Queen Seon Deok". Directed by Mr. Lee Byung Hoon who had been...