Dreaming of Disney: A Series of Articles to Help Fulfill Your Dreams! Part I
Disneyland in Anaheim, California is one of the major tourist attractions in the world. It’s a place where you can dream and believe in magic. A place where the real world melts away if only for a day and you are transported back to the wonder of childhood!
This series of five articles will help you decide the best options to make that dream trip a reality. You will learn of some of the features and new rides in the park. You will read some perspectives of visitors that have been there. One article will list vacation and travel tips to ease any concerns you might have. You will then learn what to expect during your visit. One of the most important categories will be the “Do’s and Don’ts” while you are there. You will also learn about one of the biggest and newest attractions in Disneyland – California Adventure. Last but not least, you will discover new interests and attractions you can enjoy while in Anaheim to add to the joy of experiencing Disneyland. Sit back, relax and get ready for some happy news!
Let’s start with features of Disneyland, some of the new rides there, and some family perspectives from those who have gone before you!
Disneyland is divided into several theme parks:
1. Main Street, USA is the entrance to DisneylandPark. Feel the air of yesteryear as you take in the turn-of-the-century Victorian buildings, the horse-drawn carriages and the Emporium, the Victorian General Store to grab some Disneyland mementos! You will find many more delights on the pathway to other themes in the park.
2. Tomorrowland is exciting for those science-fiction enthusiasts out there! SpaceMountain is a ride that will take you into a high-speed, deepest-dark spin around a vast expanse of outer-worldly thrills! One of the newest attractions, Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, will allow you to experience a galactic battle with the bad guys from outer space!
3. Fantasyland is a favorite of all little Princesses! Sleeping Beauty’s beautiful castle is the focal point of this part of the park. Enjoy a peaceful boat ride through the winding journey of hundreds of ethnically-dressed dolls singing, “It’s a Small World!” It’s amazing how much the world has in common! Meet Cinderella, Snow White and a few more of the gorgeous Princesses of Disneyland. Riding in a teacup and flying over London with Peter Pan will be sure to thrill all ages!
4. Adventureland awaits those who seek the jungle experience. The Jungle Cruise is an all-time favorite. You will experience large hippos, crocodiles and men scurrying up trees so as not to end up being breakfast for the swamp beasts! One of the newest attractions there is the Indiana Jones Adventure, where you can experience how I.J. felt being lost in the temple! Intrigue abounds!
5. Critter Country brings special memories of childhood when you journey through the Hundred Acre Wood on the Many Adventures of Winnie-the-Pooh. Yes, “the” is his real middle name! You will also hear many waterfalls soothing the craggy rocks and the sounds of trains will delight the little ones! SplashMountain is a watery blast for everyone!
6. Frontierland showcases heroes of the Wild, Wild West. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad sparks the imagination as you thrill at the thought of riding a runaway train! Tom Sawyer’s Island is fun for the whole family, what with climbing a tree house and all! Those who would have loved to be a pioneer will be thrilled to have their dreams come true here!
7. Mickey’s Toontown will have you believing you are a real-life cartoon! Two of the newest rides here are Roger Rabbit’s Car Too Spin, where the hyperactivity of the dizzying spin will make you beg for serenity! The Go-Gadget Coaster is meant only for the brave-of-heart! Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and several other characters call Toontown there home, amidst the twisted sculptures and the bigger-than-life replicas of cartoon-y home accoutrements!
8. New Orleans Square will liven your spirits with the feel of the French Quarter and the year-round Mardi Gras celebration. Buried treasures, parasols and pirates abound! The HauntedMansion will make you laugh and shiver in fear all at the same time!
Reviews of the Magic Kingdom from those who have gone before:
Of Disneyland overall: L. Lynn Webster, visited Disneyland several times over the past and she was enthusiastic in her perspective: “There is truly ‘no other place like it on earth’, just like you have always heard! It makes you believe in fairytales and magic and all the innocence of childhood comes rushing back the minute you walk through the gate!”
Regarding SplashMountain: Erik Avila said, “Due to long lines I had never ridden this attraction until this past weekend. WOW! Worth the wait. Excellent example of what makes Disneyland such a unique and awesome park. 100% chance of getting wet. Great for those hot days.”
Regarding BigThunderMountain Railroad: Thomas Furlong exclaimed: Great themeing! It is a very fun coaster!!
Last but not least, Sarah E. was thrilled when she said, “I loved Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, so this ride is a dream come true for me! The storyline is basically the movie line, so if you haven’t seen the movie, you may not get what is going on. Fun for everyone here!"
This should help you get a little information about what to expect as far as the features and some of the newer rides in the park. Information regarding vacation and travel tips will be forthcoming in the next article.
More by this Author
I am no expert on love, for sure. I have come to realize, however, that I have a definite, ingrained definition of what love means to me. Hang on, here we go: When you meet someone and time goes on and you realize...
In this day and age, what with the economy as it is, the strain on relationships is approaching monumental levels. It’s interesting to note that back in the days of the Great Depression, people were making babies...
There are many things not understood about healthy emotional boundaries in regards to relationships. My focus today is to share my perception of what part of that involves. First, personal boundaries are the limits we...