Best Restaurants in Anacortes Washington- Gateway Ferry to the San Juan Islands
San Juan Islands-Anacortes-Washington
Anacortes is easily the most beautiful location I've ever had the pleasure of viewing!
Whether waltzing up and down Commercial Ave. in "Old Town"
drinking in the sweet smell of seawater on the wind from a ferry, the laid back beauty this town has to offer is always a refreshing welcome to the tired and hungry traveler.
Anacortes is located on Fidalgo Island and is nearly connected to the mainland except for the small Swinomish channel dividing the two.
Anacortes is an older city with its roots going back to 1891 (just a mere two years afterWashington became a state) when the city was first incorporated.
Fishing and canning were the industries most early Anacortes"ians" used to build their lives here from the ground up.
There is a "richness" to Anacortes-an understanding one can only get by visiting it for themselves.
Beautiful AnacortesClick thumbnail to view full-size
You may find yourself here from an P&O Cruise touring western USA coast and Canada.
Maybe you are on a family visit to Friday Harbor or Orcas Island.
More hard working folks than I can count have found themselves in Anacortes Washington to work at a temporary position at the Tesoro Refinery.
Our town's resteraunts love to host those folks.
Having worked for several of these fine eating establishments in teen "hood",
I know that Pizza Factory lives to serve you guys with their lunch buffet and awesome delivery service/catering.
Maybe you are a biker and find yourself here for the annual Oyster Run.
Not to mention that you may also be in town for the Waterfront Festival, Arts Festival, Shipwreck Days, and so on and on and on.
Perhaps you are spending the day at one of our lakes: Lake Erie, Heart Lake, etc. Perhaps you are sailing out crabbing and salmon fishing.
Maybe you wanted to spend some beach time at Sunset Beach, walk the Loop Road, and find baby crabs under rocks and little sea animals in the tide pools.
Maybe you are a University of Washington or a Washington State University student doing a marine study and find yourself holding up in our beautiful local for weeks at a time.
Maybe you've lived here your whole life and need a quick recommendation for a new hot date that you have two hours to prep for.
In all these hypotheticals, you are HUNGRY. So, lets get to the eating!
The Rockfish Grill & Anacortes Brewery
- Freshest seafood in town!
- Try the Oysters or the Woodfired Pizza!
- Try the Anacortes Brewery sampler tray for a taste of the current crop of micro-brews
- Some of the best Ice Tea in town - bottomless glasses. It has a particularly mellow and satisfying flavor. I highly recommend it.
- Many days of the week, there is live entertainment.
- If you are looking for an easy take out meal, try the vegetarian chili or one of their green salads.
Honorable Mentions -Other Must Visits!
- Great homemade donuts!
- Open 24 hours! 6 days a week.
- Serves great coffee
- Drive through!
- Top quality!
- All You Can Eat Lunch Buffet
- Only Salad Bar in Town
- Try "The Refinery" or the "Seahawk Special"
- The breadsticks with ranch are very popular as well!
- Lots of outside seating for those nice days!
Hong Kong Gardens
- Best Chinese food in town
- Family style dinner specials are a local fav.
- Great inexpensive lunch menu as well
Esteban's Mexican Restaurant
- Best Mexican food I've ever had, anywhere!
- Great service!
- Try the deluxe burrito or the fajitas!
Which choice best describes your experience at The Brown Lantern?See results without voting
Moment of Truth
Which choice best describes your experience at Gere-a-Deli?See results without voting
Which choice best describes your experience at The Rockfish Grill & Anacortes Brewery?See results without voting
Other Useful Links When Visiting Anacortes
- HOME | goanacortes.com
Breaking news for Anacortes and Fidalgo Island
- Anacortes news on Anacortes Now
Your source for Anacortes news, business, events, and community information
- Anacortes Arts Festival
Anacortes Arts Festival - three day festival the first Friday, Saturday & Sunday in August (August 5-7, 2011). 250 Booth Artisans, 30 food vendors, 4 stages of free music, 3 art exhibitions, youth activities and much more.
- OYSTER RUN 09
Oyster Run 09 Anacortes Washington, Largest motorcycle run in the Pacific Northwest.
- Department of Safety - Music Venue - Art Gallery - Recording Studio - Creative Space | Anacortes, Wa
The Department of Safety, located in Anacortes, Washington, is a group of artists, musicians and friends living in a renovated firehall/police station. Our three main thrusts are Creativity, Community, and Sustainability. Also, our art gallery is Pos
- Experience Washington Official Website of Washington State Tourism
Find what you need to plan the perfect trip to Washington State from the official website by Washington State Tourism.
- Vacation in Friday Harbor, San Juan Island in the Washington San Juan Islands: lodging, accommodatio
Friday Harbor in the San Juan Islands, Washington: Lodging, Accommodations, whale watching, tourist information and visitors guide to local activities and local history.
- The 2011 Entertainment Book Offers Great Savings Discounts for Restaurants, Shopping, Travel &
The Entertainment Book has been helping people save money with discount coupons for favorite restaurants, shops, travel and attractions for over 50 years.
- LIVE Anacortes - "The Gateway to the San Juans"
- Ferries Homepage
- Anacortes-Chamber of Commerce
- City of Anacortes
Great food, good friends, local music, quality beers and ales, delicious cocktails. Sit at a table or a comfy couch. Try the Nachos!
Deli sandwiches, salads, homemade soups, fresh baked desserts, daily specials, and catering for all sizes of events.
Northwest cuisine, steak and local seafood, woodfired pizza, and excellent vegetarian dishes. Features Anacortes Brewery's excellent micro-brews.
More by this Author
Graphic Designers, Entrepreneurs, and Webmasters will love these limited time only deal websites. Stock images, vectors, premium subscriptions, Photoshop elements, and other Adobe software resources. Do not get left out!
Magic the Gathering on your Android mobile phone or on your Android tablet. MTG expands in Android Market. Get your Magic the Gathering game on with these apps designed to up your game.
Your LG Rumor Touch from Virgin Mobile or Sprint can get free ringtones and message tones. Learn how to download and install them step by step.