Estrela do Mar Beach Resort Goa Review with Pics
Yes we booked Estrela do Mar Beach Resort after going through lots of reviews on Internet which not only hosts good budget rooms in resort itself but also has some affordable huts near the beach. The reviews were great as was the resort. So be with me as I take you to a short trip of Goa while sharing my online review of Estrela do Mar Beach Resort.
Resort Name: Estrela do Mar Beach Resort
Location: Calangute Beach, Goa, India
Nearest Landmark: Baga Beach
Nearest Bus Stop: Calangute Market Bus Stop
Nearest Metro Station: None, as there is no metro rail connectivity in Goa
Nearest Airport: Dabolim Airport.
Timings: Opens 24x7
Affordability: Reasonably priced, budget resort
Best Beach Shack Nearby: Lucky Star Beach Shack on Baga Beach.
This is a reasonable and budget friendly resort to enjoy your vacation in Goa, but the rates will be high between 25th to 31st of December.
They charge standard 850 rupees for non-AC and 1100 rupees for an AC cab from Dabolim Airport to Calangute Market Beach where Estrela do Mar is locate
This is the famous Anjuna Beach of Goa where the controversial Anjuna Beach movie was shot.
- Proximity to the famous Calangute Beach which is just at a stone’s throw away distance from the main resort.
- It’s not very far from the main market too so you have lots of options while on your daily excursions toward the beach.
- Resort hosts a small but well-maintained swimming pool.
- Hotel rooms are reasonably priced and recently renovated.
- They also have two restaurants, one is meant for people who have hired rooms in resort itself and the other restaurant is meant for people living in beach huts.
- 24x7 room service, I got my beer pint in 10 minutes whenever I called them.
- You also get a small refrigerator inside the room where you can store your beers, snacks, and other stuff.
- Food inside the hotel is great. I recommend you to order chicken 65 and fish with green chutney (sauce) to go along with your drinks.
- You can hire a scooty, bike, or a car directly from the gatekeeper of the resort depositing your ID card and rental.
Specialties: Free entry in swimming pool. Concept of beach huts, great food, free buffet breakfast with makemytrip.com package, and many more things.
Estrela do Mar Beach Resort in Goa is very popular among regular visitors of Goa. It is a famous hub for Indians and foreigners too as on our visit we met lots of Americans, Russians, Italians, and others. It’s proximity to the famous Calangute beach is a plus point. Other positive points for booking a room in Estrela do Mar are that it provides Internet connection, has a good bar with famous Indian and imported liquors, a small but cool swimming pool, polite, humble, and cooperative staff, and 24x7 security. Also you will find no eve-teasers on your way to the beach or back to the resort. Estrela do Mar resort in Goa also provides complete amenities inside the room with few bathroom instructions to follow.
Food Quality: Good.
Hygiene: Little average in some places, needs to be improved.
Room Options: There are so many options for rooms but it’s best to book one on the first floor.
Customer Service: Fast and reliable.
Staff Behavior: Polite and helpful.
First of all, I would like to mention that this resort review is not a paid one, as I was a real visitor to this place. I would recommend this resort to any upper middle-class people from India and to foreigners who are planning to visit Goa on a budget. As far as resort’s service and customer satisfaction are concerned, that’s fine but one important thing I would like to share here is that when I checked in in this resort, they took mine and my wife’s IDs at the reception counter and told me that they are just sending them into our room within an hour or two but it didn’t happen, as I had to call them after 6 to 8 hours reminding them to send our IDs at our room as those are really precious for us. They sent them back to us. Except this, there were a few negative points that I noticed there.
- Way to and fro from resort to beach and beach to resort looks little scary after 10 PM but that’s not an issue when you are in a group. There are lights but still precaution should be taken. If you are alone or a couple, you can take assistance of the security guard to follow you toward the beach.
- I don’t know the condition about beach huts but the hotel rooms didn’t have any mosquitoes but there were cockroaches even at our room on the first floor. This is the reason why we called room service to bring an aerosol insecticide and pesticide.
- There were a few business class bachelors creating nuisance at the swimming pool in the afternoon. This was the reason why families kept aside from that place only at that time of the day. Rest of the time, using the swimming pool was totally fine. So if you are with your girlfriend or wife, don’t visit the pool in the afternoon.
More by this Author
Worlds of Wonder, Noida is the best amusement park in Delhi NCR followed by Adventure Island, Rohini. It is commonly known as WOW Noida. It was around 7 months ago when we last visited Worlds of Wonder in Noida after...
Chilling winter or hot summer, Manali has long remained one of the most adorable hill stations in India. Manali is not like Shimla, it is not like Mussoorie or Nainital. It is different. Let us find.
Recently, a friend of mine asked me that I have been driving Maruti Alto Lxi since last four years now and I want to sell my old car. I would like buy a new car in the budget of 3.5 lacs and my father is really...