Europe Summer Holidays: The Ultimate Guide For 2014
Europe remains to be the continent on top of the list when it comes to tourist arrivals. This is not surprising at all given the fact that the region is rich with natural wonders, historic sites, and sprawling urban centers. So if you are planning for your next summer vacation, we suggest you check out what Europe has to offer. Exploring the continent isn't as time-consuming compared to other regions like Asia and Africa because of its size. Europe is just one quarter of the size of Asia and a third of that of Africa. Jumping from one country to another would be a breeze. Let's take a look into some of the destinations that Europe is well-known for.
1) London, England: One of the most-visited urban centers in the United Kingdom, London is a visitor's paradise. This sprawling city is known for a lot of things. Rich in history, it's home to some of the most complete historical buildings in the Western world. And of course, it has a unique culture and customs. As the famous writer Samuel Johnson once quipped, "You find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London." The city is also known for its fine dining scene. Cuisines from all over the world diverge in the city's hundreds of cafes and restaurants.
2) Dubrovnik, Croatia: There's a reason why Dubrovnik is considered as one of the best tourist destinations in the Mediterranean area. There are so many things that you can see and do in this serene city. You can walk around the old city walls while taking in the breathtaking views, enter it's many magnificent churches like the Church of St. Sebastian, visit its museums, sunbath upon its beaches, or go sailing and boating. The city also has a lot of bars and cafes where you can go to enjoy a drink and listen to Croatia's traditional music.
3) Barcelona, Spain: One of the most romantic cities in the world, Barcelona is a haven for tourists. Aside from the hospitality of the people and the unique culture, the city has more things to offer. These include amazing buildings like the La Sagrada Familia Church and the Picasso Museum. Other destinations are the Tibidabo Hill, Las Ramblas Street, Barrio Gotico, and the Modernist Park by Gaudi. And of course, the city has a great dining scene as well.
4) Paris, France: When you hear of Paris, you immediately think of the magnificent Eiffel Tower. However, the city offers more than this iconic tower. What makes Paris special is its culture and arts. Almost every street you go to, there's an art gallery. So if you are one who is very art-inclined, then Paris is the place to go to.
5) Prague, Czech Republic: Another city with rich culture and history. It's the ultimate destination for urban sightseers. Among the places worth seeing in this city are Wenceslas Square, The Gothic Powder Tower, The Dancing House, and the Franz Kafka Museum.
So there you. These are just five of the best destinations in Europe. If you are going for summer vacation in the continent, make sure that you take these beautiful places into consideration.
More by this Author
Children will surely love and enjoy this set of coloring pages featuring characters from the animated film Hotel Transylvania. Hotel Transylvania features the voices of Adam Sandler, Selena Gomez, Andy Samberg and...
Everything you need to know about the popular Filipino children's song.
This is a list of the top fast food restaurants in the Philippines which include Jollibee, MacDonald's, Chowking and Mang Inasal.
No comments yet.