Free or Public Bathrooms in Downtown Chico California
When You've Gotta Go...
Downtown Chico is a great place for shopping, browsing, eating, and people-watching. It also has a number of public and "practically public" bathrooms. So, in addition to the standard fare, I've added places you can go that will likely be safe, clean, and well-lit.
Check out the map for easy-to-view locations.
Restrooms in Downtown Chico
Rose Garden Public Restroom
Downtown Plaza Public Restroom
City of Chico Restroom
Chico State building
- On the northern end of town, nestled in the "Rose Garden" across from the Blue Room Theater, is a public restroom open 24 hours a day. There is also a 7-11 convenience store directly to the east with a bathroom as well.
- On the southern end of Downtown, in the Plaza (with the fountain), is the second public restroom. It is large inside which is great if you have kids with you.
- The City of Chico building at 411 Main Street has a bathroom open during regular business hours (M-F 8-5pm).
Other Free Options
- Chico State University is home to several great bathrooms. The only catch is that they are only available when class is in session, typically M-F. The closest ones to Downtown are in the Geoscience Building (right next to Children's Park); Kendall Hall (the big administration building made of brick); and the English building at the corner of 1st Street and Salem (right by Celestino's Pizza).
- Some businesses have restrooms that you can use if you're really, really nice (or even better, buy something.) Any restaurant or cafe will have a restroom, but not all of them welcome non-customers to use them. I've included the locations of Peet's and Starbuck's on the map below--they're usually pretty good about letting you use their bathroom.
I hope this map makes your visit Downtown even more pleasant! Just remember, like your Mom always told you, be sure to clean up after yourself.