Family Fun in Georgia
Amazing sea life can be seen at the Georgia Aquarium.
“And she’ll have fun, fun, fun. ‘till her daddy takes her T-bird away…” While the Beach Boys were talking about the West Coast, the map of Georgia affords quite a list of fun family locations. To aid in creating your own Georgia family fun list check out the following places:
- Georgia Aquarium- as the world’s largest aquarium, here you can see aquatic life from virtually every region of the globe. Whether you are spellbound by sharks, mesmerized by manatees, or entertained by electric eels, you are sure to be totally delighted by the myriad of animals living here.
- St. Marys Aquatic Center- Don your swimsuit, grab a towel and get ready to splash away! Here you will find tubing in the lazy river, a twisting water slide, and a large swimming pool just waiting for you and yours.
- Phinizy Swamp Nature Park (Augusta) – This free park has 1,150 acres of natural fun. There are trails to the wetlands, swamps, and observation decks that allow you an opportunity to see indigenous animals like bobcats, otters, alligators and hawks.
- Adventure Crossing Family Fun & Sports Park (Martinez) – With 3 go kart tracks, 2 mini-golf courses, batting cages, amusement park rides and water rides, there is sure to be something to delight everyone in your group.
- Taccoa River (Blue Ridge) – Get Wild as you go tubing, rafting and canoeing down the Taccoa River. Along the way there are areas for overnight visits.
- Grandpa Jones Corn Maze and Pumpkins (Ellijay) – Pick out your own pumpkin and try out your sense of direction in the 10 acre corn maze. Great fun for “kids” of every age!
- BabyLand General Hospital (Cleveland) – For Cabbage Patch enthusiast of all ages , this is a must. Come watch the “birth” of these famed dolls in a turn-of-the-century styled medical facility.
The great state of Georgia has numerous family attractions scattered across its regions. From farms and petting zoos to factory tours and water rides to roller coasters e is something for everyone! Come see what Georgia has to offer.