NASCAR Race Fans Check out the Tracks on Google Earth
There was a time when I followed NASCAR racing a bit when I was married to my first husband. He was a Ford man. Back then, not too many years ago really, Ford sponsored a free meet and greet type party in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area just before a big NASCAR race at Texas Motor Speedway just north of Ft. Worth. We went to several of these events and were able to meet some of the legends of Ford Racing like Dale Jarrett, Mark Martin and Bill Elliott. When I say meet, I mean meet. You got to stand in line, which wasn't too bad, and then get to shake their hand, get some pictures taken with them and chat for a moment. It was a very friendly atmosphere and my son in particular got a big kick out of it. He was at just the right age to appreciate that these men were important to the racing industry.
Over the years I've driven past several of the great NASCAR tracks in the United States, like Taladega and Indianapolis,
So, I thought it would be fun to locate some of the NASCAR racetracks around the United States and find them on Google Earth. In doing so, I was most impressed with the detail you can see at Texas Motor Speedway and Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Below, I have provided you with a quick list you can use to open up Google Earth and search for these tracks. Then click on the link to learn more about each track.
Racetracks in the United States
The following list of United States racetracks was found on Wikipedia. Use this list to have fun locating these racetracks on Google Earth. Each racetrack has a link to more information about that track as found on Wikipedia.
- Atlanta Motor Speedway, in Atlanta Georgia
- Autobahn Country Club, in Joliet Illinois
- Auto Club Raceway at Pomona, in Pomona, California
- Bandimere Speedway, in Morrison Colorado
- Barber Motorsports Park, in Birmingham, Alabama
- Berlin Raceway, in Marne, Michigan
- Blackhawk Farms, in South Beloit, Illinois
- Brainerd International Raceway, in Brainerd, Minnesota
- Bristol Motor Speedway, in Bristol, Tennessee
- Buttonwillow Raceway, in Buttonwillow, California
- Caesars Palace Grand Prix, in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Carolina Motorsports Park, in Kershaw, South Carolina
- California Speedway, in Fontana, California
- Centrix Financial Grand Prix of Denver, in Denver, Colorado
- Chemung Speedrome, in Chemung, New York
- Daytona International Speedway, in Daytona Beach, Florida
- Firebird International Raceway, in Chandler, Arizona
- Gateway International Raceway, in East St. Louis, Illinois
- Gingerman Raceway, in South Haven, Michigan
- Grattan Raceway Park, in Belding, Michigan
- Hallett Motor Racing Circuit, in Hallet, Oklahoma (I've been to this one!)
- Heartland Park, in Topeka, Kansas
- Homestead Miami Speedway, in Miami, Florida
- Houston Raceway Park, in Baytown, Texas
- Hutchinson Island Road Racecourse, in Savannah, Georgia
- O'Reilly Raceway Park, in Indianapolis, Indiana
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway, in Indianapolis, Indiana
- Infineon Raceway, in Sonoma, California
- Iowa Speedway, in Newton, Iowa
- Irwindale Speedway, in Irwindale, California
- Kansas City International Raceway, in Raytown, Missouri
- Las Vegas Motor Speedway, in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Lime Rock Park, in Lakeville, Connecticut
- Macon Speedway, in Macon, Illinois
- Mansfield Motorsports Speedway, in Mansfield, Ohio
- Maple Grove Raceway, in Mohnton, Pennsylvania
- Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, in Monterey, California
- Miami Bicentennial Park, in Miami, Florida
- Miami's Bayfront Park, in Miami, Florida
- Mid America Motorplex, in Pacific Junction, Iowa
- Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, in Lexington, Ohio
- Miller Motorsports Park, in Tooele, Utah
- Milwaukee Mile, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Nelson Ledges Road Course, in Garrettsville, Ohio
- New Hampshire International Speedway, in Loudon, New Hampshire
- New Jersey Motorsports Park, in Millville, New Jersey
- Old Bridge Township Raceway Park, in Englishtown, New Jersey
- Oswego Speedway, in Oswego, New York
- Pacific Raceways, in Seattle, Washington
- Portland International Raceway, in Portland, Oregon
- Pocono International Raceway, in Long Pond, Pennsylvania
- Prairie Hills Motorsports Club, in Lake Village, Indiana
- Putnam Park, in Mount Meridian, Indiana
- Reno-Fernley Raceway, in Fernley, Nevada
- Riverside International Raceway, in Riverside, California
- Road America, in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin
- Road Atlanta, in Braselton, Georgia
- Roebling Road Raceway, in Savannah, Georgia
- Sebring Raceway, in Sebring, Florida
- Spokane Raceway Park, in Spokane, Washington
- Spencer Speedway, in Williamson, New York
- Spring Mountain Motor Sports Ranch, in Pahrump, Nevada
- Summit Point Raceway, in Summit Point, West Virginia
- Talladega Gran Prix Raceway, in Munford, Alabama
- Tamiami Park, in Miami, Florida
- Texas World Speedway, in College Station, Texas (I've ridden in a racecar on this track!)
- Thunderhill Raceway Park, in Willows, California
- Virginia International Raceway, in Danville, Virginia
- Virginia Motorsports Park, in Petersburg, Virginia
- Waterford Hills Raceway, in Clarkston, Michigan
- Watkins Glen International, in Watkins Glen, New York
- Willow Springs International Motorsports Park, in Rosamond, California
- Wyoming County International Speedway, in Perry, New York
More Google Earth Hubs by KCC Big Country with Fantastic YouTube Videos
- Monopoly-Google Earth Style
According to a number of news reports on Tuesday, September 8th, 2009, Hasbro, makers of the 74-year old Monopoly game, announced that they have teamed up with Google Earth to develop an online version of the...
- Google Earth-More Fun!
If you haven't downloaded Google Earth yet, then you're missing out on all the fun! I have written several other hubs about Google Earth that I know you'll enjoy. Links to all of them can be found below. Be...
- Google Earth-Baseball Stadiums
If you're in to baseball, have you looked up all your favorite baseball stadiums on Google Earth? Below I've provided some great links to tons of baseball information, along with a list of stadium names for...
- Crop Circle Crazy
Close your eyes. Ok, maybe you can't close your eyes for this. At least try to imagine waking up, wiping the sleep from your eyes, stretching and you look out the window above the kitchen sink, and there it...
- Exploring the Sky, Moon and Mars with Google Earth
If you're old enough, at least a baby boomer, then perhaps you remember when we landed on the moon in 1969. I can't say that I remember it, but I remember being aware of it during that time, if that makes...
- The Best of Texas on Google Earth
I've lived in Texas all my life and I have only seen a fraction of the state. There is just so much to see here. To get in the car and drive Texas, you'd spend forever seeing it. One way to help, is to...
- Google Earth-My Hobby
I admit it. I'm hooked. I'm hooked on virtual traveling with Google Earth. I could spend hours picking out places to visit and zooming in to see all the intricacies of each city. My first hub about Google...
- Google Earth-The Latest Fun in Traveling
If you're old enough, you may remember the days when seeing the wonders of the world meant sitting on the floor cross-legged looking through the Funk & Wagnalls. By the way, for the remainder of this hub I...
Other Great Car Racing-Related Links
- Driving Experiences Make Great Gifts by KCC Big Country
"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." by Maya Angelou I think this is also true about Christmas gift...
- Google Earth Reveals Racetrack Driveway - World Car Fans.com
- Find Race Tracks - Aerial Views of all NASCAR Tracks
Aerial views of all NASCAR race tracks.
- NASCAR.COM - News, Schedule, Drivers, Tracks, Fantasy & Video from NASCAR
NASCAR.COM is the official site of NASCAR, the National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing. Find information on NASCAR races, tracks, drivers, schedules, news, video, results, merchandise, fantasy, community and TrackPass.
- Race Tracks
Tons of information about racetracks in the US and Canada.
More by this Author
San Antonio, Texas has some great haunted hotels. See what guests at the haunted Emily Morgan Hotel in San Antonio have to say about their visit!
What is it about abandoned buildings that lures me to them? It's like the walls whisper to me. They long to tell me their stories. The invite me to experience their loneliness and beg me to stand in wonderment of...
A fascinating look at Beatrice Wood, the woman James Cameron modeled Rose Dewitt Bukater Calvert after in the movie "Titanic".