Great Vacation Spots in Cebu Philippines
My first ever hub was about the tourist and historical attractions of my hometown Cebu Philippines. In that blog I promised to write about the great places where you can truly have a great and relaxing vacation, so here I am keeping it.
Here are the places I'm proud to share with the whole world.
1. Kawasan Falls in Badian - This gorgeous cascade of nature, which is in the middle of the forest, is situated Southwest of the city. It is approximately a 2.5-3 hour drive depending on the transportation. Buses usually take 3 hours and with a private vehicle it takes a lot faster. You will be in for a little adventure because you have to walk for about 20 minutes from the road/parking lot to the falls itself. You might find yourself complaining from the walk, heat, and the rocky road plus carrying whatever you have with you but once you get there you couldn't help yourself but say "It's all worth it!". The place has 3 elevations that one can explore. You will get to see the major falls first, at the foot of the Kawasan Falls. Here, you can rent a bamboo raft for 250 pesos for an hour and the raft drivers will navigate the raft through the falling water, behind the falling water, under the cave and back to the open pool of water. You will surely enjoy swimming in the real nice cool water. You can also check out the “source” of the falls which is at the third elevation of the Falls. You have to be ready for more walking and an adventure of climbing. Also on your way there, you will encounter more falls along with the rivers. Finally, at the source of the falls, you can get there a great massage from forceful gush of the flowing water.
The bus fare is about 110 pesos, the accommodation ranges from 1000php-2000php. The fresh and sumptuous food they have is very affordable too. For those people who are not spending a night there you can rent a cottage and you can even bring your own food.
2. Bantayan Island - You will fall in love with this beautiful and enchanting beach with its crystal clear water and its long stretch of white sugary sand. Aside from swimming, you can do a lot of stuff like island hopping, snorkeling, and scuba diving. You will definitely be swept off by the stunning sunset; it is such a romantic scenery!
The island lies on the North side of Cebu city. Via bus, just go to the North Bus terminal for a 5-hour trip, then you can ride a ferry to Sta Fe Bantayan Island thereafter. You can opt to fly too.
3. Camotes Island - is another place to unwind and to relax and to be with nature. The main livelihood of the people are fishing, farming, and raising livestock, hence the place is not polluted and congested like any city. You will be awed by the unspoiled natural beauty of the place. The tourist attractions are not far from each other so there a lot of things you can do during your stay there. Some of the resorts have snorkeling, kayaking, boating, windsurfing, and more.
Tours you can do/go:
3.1 Lake Danao, San Francisco- this is the only natural lake in Cebu and it's really big. I think this is the only lake I've ever been to. You can rent a canoe to have a very refreshing cruise in the big lake. For fishing lovers, yes you can do fishing here too.
3.2 Bukilat Cave, Tudela - is about an hour drive from the resorts. I've never been here yet but my friends who had explored the area told me that the place is just amazing! It is one of the most explored caves so it is safe. The cave is lighted by the natural rays of the sun coming in through the holes of the cave. Tourists can dip in the cool pool of water in the cave.
Other places I can suggest are ( don't have much info about them though, sorry guys): Buho Rock in Poro, Busay Waterfall in Tudela, Mountain Bike Challenge, Guadalupe Cave, Timobo Cave. (source: tourcamotes.com)
Getting there from Cebu: (source: DTI website)
By motorized banca-Danao City to Consuelo, San francisco
6:00 am and 11:00 am daily
Mandaue City to Poro
1:00 pm daily
By Ferry boat
Cebu City to Poro
12:00 noon and 9:00 pm daily (Pier 2)
4. Malapascua Island - is another treasure of the Cebu province, which is known as the best tourist destination not just in the Philippines but in the whole world as well. It's interesting to note that the word malapascua means "unfortunate christmas" when the place is nothing but a beach of splendid beauty, what's with the crystal clear water and the wondrous stretch of white sand. It's a great place to snorkel, scuba dive, swim, and to simply experience the beauty of nature.
How to get there (source: philipinecountry.com): Air trip from Cebu Airport to Maya
By bus at North Bus Terminal to Maya
then finally you will ride a ferry/boat at Maya pier to get to Malapascua
5. Moalboal - is a very popular diving spot just 2 hours South of Cebu. Just like the rest of the beaches mentioned, this is also blessed with white sands and crystal clear water. This is a great place to learn scuba diving. From here, the Kawasan Falls is just 30 minutes away. The accommodations and food are pretty affordable.
One can get there by bus or by a taxicab, or better yet, you can rent car and drive your way there.
There are more things that Cebu can offer to tourists and visitors. But isn’t it more challenging and exciting if you discover those on your own? That is if you’ve made the right decision of spending your vacation in Cebu in the first place!
More by this Author
Do you feel tired and stressed with work? Think of giving yourself a real nice vacation. You deserve it after working so hard earning a living. This is one way, well a great way of pampering and showing love to...