Hawaii to Philippines Flight Options
Hawaiian Air No More Flights to Philippines
The flight to Manila by Hawaiian Airlines no longer exists. If you happen to have a flight scheduled after August 1, 2013 you are really out of luck as well. Hawaiian Air says they will be accommodating, however the options presented were only provided by foreign airlines and they refuse to allow someone to transfer the flight option to the United flight that leaves at roughly the same time as the Hawaiian flight was scheduled. This airline was formerly amazing when it came to customer service, however they have really done a terrible job in helping customers that had flights with them to Manila. The only option ultimately was to cancel and purchase new flights with another airline that would not have long layovers or horrible accommodations and reputations.
Hawaiian Airlines Goes to the Philippines
Best Flight to the Philippines
If you are a considering a Hawaii to Philippines flight option than you are getting ready for a great trip and sun filled vacation. There are several ways to get to the Philippines, however the best choice is to go via Honolulu Hawaii. Most flights from the mainland United States travel to places like Japan or South Korea first and then transfer to a new plane for heading to Manila. Hawaiian airlines is a very customer friendly company that provide several excellent benefits to travelers that demand decent sized leg room, comfortable seats, edible airplane food, and free drinks for the duration of the trip. The flight to the Philippines is approximately 16 hours and 30 minutes long if departing from the West coast such as Los Angles, San Francisco, Portland, or Seattle. The trip with Hawaiian Air is broken up in to legs the first to Honolulu approximately 6 hours and then from the islands to Manila is another 10 hour flight.
Once you land in Manila it is fairly easy to get to any of the islands or local airports by flying with Cebu Pacific out of Manila Terminal 3.
Philippines Via Hawaiian Air
The following is the typical flight schedule that is available from San Francisco International Airport (SFO) to Honolulu (HNL)and on to Manila (MNL). When you land in Honolulu you have at least one night stay which allows you to get a short break and is very nice especially if you have been travelling from a location not located on the West Coast. For East Coast travelers it is possible to go the other direction, however many of these flights will have multiple stops in random locations sometimes leading to complications and delays. When flying via Hawaii at least your layover is in the states.
Hawaiian Airline Benefits
- Great leg room and comfortable seats. This is very important for me especially on long flights and even if you are not flying first class the seats have plenty of leg room even for taller people.
- Good Service. Hawaiian airlines prides itself on providing great service and while other airlines may also claim this, it is actually delivered by Hawaiian Air employees.
- Good food and drink selection. The complimentary food and drinks that are on each international flight will keep you full on the trip. There is no reason to need to pack a bunch of food from Honolulu for the 10+ hour flight to Manila.
- They also have the typical movies and other entertainment aboard the plane if you are not glued to an iPad or other device this can be nice to make the flight time pass.
- At the end of the day if you join the Hawaiian Air miles program each time you fly to the Philippines for business or pleasure you are earning miles that will let you fly in the future to Hawaii for a vacation for free.
Manila International Airport Terminal 1
Fly Hawaiian InternationallyClick thumbnail to view full-size
Other Options Via Honolulu
There are a few additional planes that have flights via Honolulu on to Manila, Philippines. The following airlines have this flight option available.
- United Airlines - San Francisco (SFO) to Honolulu (HNL) followed by a 1 hour and 30 minute layer over and then on to Guam (GUM) with a little over an hour layover then to Manila (MNL)
- Delta - Offers a trip from San Francisco (SFO) to Honolulu (HNL) that then flies into Tokyo Japan Narita International Airport before continuing on to Manila. This extra leg in the trip makes it not the most likely choice unless you have a special rate with Delta.
- Of course you can always choose to not get to stop over and enjoy a day in Hawaii, and take a direct flight from San Francisco to Manila. The flight lasts about 16 and a half hours and you will be flying on Philippines Airlines. There is a refueling stop in Guam so it is not 100% direct and the plane seats are not that comfortable, space is very limited and the amenities are no where near as nice as the accommodations that are found on Hawaiian Air.
When looking for flight options check out one of the 3rd party services that aggregates airline information such as Hipmunk, Kayak, or Expedia. Both services excel at looking at the airport you are leaving and the final destination and finding not only all of the flight options that are available, but also highlight those that are the most cost effective, fastest, least number of stops, etc. depending on your needs for your next international flight it would be best to check out these services to compare trip routes and costs.
More by this Author
Flying in the Philippines for vacation or business will ensure you visit the Terminal 3 airport at the Manila International Airport - NAIA. Terminal 3 is a modern airport with great shops, food, and easy access to and...
When you are planning on having a vacation to hang out with your friends and family, the Philippines is a great location with all of the wonderful beaches that are available to hang out at and enjoy the white sands and...
Building a mobile application by yourself is possible with the "what you see is what you get" mobile app creator tools that are available. Whether you want to make an app for your business, blog, or even just...
No comments yet.