Hidden Treasures in Georgia
Stone Mountain, the Varsity, the Fox Theatre and the Georgia Aquarium—these locations are part of the culture of Atlanta. And, while these landmark locations are well-known to many, you may be pleasantly pleased with the lesser-known area attractions. These “secret spots” include Lake Shamrock in Hampton with its child-friendly “fishing hole”, Chamblee’s Great Gatsby’s Auction Gallery with its 100,000 square foot show room, art gallery and 3 acre garden, or the Male Academy Museum of Civil War artifacts in Newnan, Georgia. Metro-Atlanta has many attractions sure to please guest of every age. To help in your planning, consider these great locations.
- Mountasia Fun Center (Marietta) – Go karts, bumper boats, and miniature golf mean outstanding outdoor fun. This is a great place to make some fun family memories. And, should you need a rainy day activity, the arcade offers fun of a drier sort.
- Roswell Ghost Tours- Goblins, and Ghouls and Ghost-Oh My! Take a tour mills, mansions, and more and learn about Roswell’s spooks and haunts. Call ahead for tour times.
- Adventures Aloft Hot Air Ballooning (Lawrenceville) - Get a bird’s-eye view of the Atlanta area. Flights last 2 hours and include a light meal and a toast. Hot air balloons leave daily at dawn and before dusk.
- Carousel Quarters (Logansville) - Pony rides, petting zoo, playground and picnic area make this a fabulous place to spend a morning or afternoon. Also on-site is a country store, a garden and hayride.
- Tannery Row-Artist Colony (Buford)-Get a sneak peak of work by area artist. You can see completed works, works in progress and talk to the artist.
While this is but a few Atlanta area entertainment spots, they are some you don’t want to miss. And, should you need a few more places to round out your list check out the Margaret Mitchell House & Museum, the JOCADA Museum of Jazz History, the CNN Center or the Jonesboro Greenhouse. No matter where you go, you’re sure to have a fantastic time.
More by this Author
No comments yet.