I Remember the Beautiful City of Love Called Paris - Why it is Called City of Love - Places to Visit in Paris, France
I remember the Beautiful City of Love Called Paris
I love writing and sharing my travel experiences about the places I visited, but when it comes to my travel in Paris, I couldn’t write anything about it. I remember how beautiful it was but something is amiss at times. Finally I got myself to write about Paris today, Valentine's Day and the memories are still there but I am smiling at it now. I am sharing about the city of love -- the beautiful Paris. For a time, I dreaded writing about Paris as the memory always flashback because I visited Paris with a boyfriend but I lost him and the memory comes back every time I remember my visit there. Finally, I am ready to share with you the beauty of Paris. Time has passed, I moved on and he has a family now, but of course the city is still beautiful.
I remember Paris, my first visit was in 2006 and then the latest one was in 2007. I am blessed to have a boyfriend then, and I roamed the city of Paris -- a beautiful and enchanting city with so much eagerness and I can remember the pictures thereafter. It is a beautiful place indeed.
Enchanted with Paris
I am enchanted with Paris and the beauty of the city. Paris is an old city but it preserved its old history through its architecture, music and arts. It is one of the most beautiful place to visit. You can see lots of museum -- works of art, history of civilization, architectures, buildings, opera, music which reminds us of the beauty of “The Renaissance” period. Amidst the fast paced changes happening in the world, it remained a preserved city. It is an enchanting city, lively and historical as well. In Paris,you can also see the oldest buildings, Catholic churches and awesome gardens, chateaus, villas and the Paris sense of fashion and style. It is also crowded and full of tourists but your visit will be all worth it. I guess that is why it is called the city of love -- it is a romantic city but at the same time enchanting. It is a famous city not only for those who appreciate culture -- museums and lots galleries but for ordinary people who love to see nice places.It is nice to go in a place where you appreciate the humanist side of people -- their ingenious ways to create art and how to preserve these things for others to see. Humanism is at its peak in “The Renaissance” and it is evident in this place.
- I remember walking through the streets jumping off the boats when there is a museum and just walking by the side of the River Seine walking at the streets to see people dancing and singing near the River Seine -- the river where the city resides and it literally divides the city into two parts.When I am tired I will sit down in a restaurant ready to smile and say “bonjour” -- hello -- that’s the only word I know.
- I walked and walked following the route of the River Seine until I was tired and sit down for a bit, and watched people dancing and singing. Down the River Seine, you can almost hear Cosette and see her walking and remember The “Les Misserables“.
- I remember "The Louvre" where I queued nearly three hours just so I can enter the building. The Louvre is a magnificent museum with 28 galleries and where the famous “Mona Lisa” portrait is displayed. It is difficult to go to that area where her portrait is displayed because it it is full of people day in day out. Her smile is really enigmatic.
- The Louvre is a museum where the display of works of art are magnificent. It was the most beautiful museum I have ever seen and it is the biggest one as well. I went there like five times just to finally tell myself I finished looking at all the displays. The museum is full of all pieces of art -- from the Hellenic civilization, gothic etc. It is a display of history in the making of all the past civilizations gathered in one place and people are crowding it.
Other museums are :
- Musee d'Orsay, Musee Gravin Musee de Cluny,Centre Pompidou, Musee Rodin, Hotel de Pantheon etc.and many more which I didn't have time to visit
Architecture and Churches
- I remember the beautiful old buildings with the magnificent architecture and you can almost sense its history by looking at them. There are a lot of Catholic churches, museums, buildings which are built beautifully.
- I remember the “Hunchback of the Notre Dame” and I could almost see Esmeralda and Quasi Modo when I was looking at the Notre Dame Church. I visited also the other Catholic churches and all the paintings and murals inside ofit and I saw the magnificent structures inside churches. Some structures and churches are : Saint Sulpice Square, the Notre Dame Bateau Mouche, the Basilica and the beautiful old building like Place Charles de Gaulle etc.
- Pantheon is an ancient ancient church -- a resting place for many of France's greatest heroes
- The city is full of grandeur and nice architecture. I also came to visit the tomb of Napoleon Bonaparte in Les Invalides Building and it amused me because he was so small a man indeed yet powerful in his time.
- Arc de Triomphe is a world famous structure has served as a symbol of of victory for triumphant French troops returning home ever since the days of Napoleon Bonaparte
- There are lots of beautiful gardens and parks in Paris, I counted twenty gardens and 16 parks but i only managed to visit two of each, but I can imagine the rest are the same with the others. The Jardin du Luxembourg is a beautiful garden open to only royalty before the French Revolution and now serve as one of Paris's most popular destinations for relaxation --
- The Jardin du Palais Royal is a beautiful garden worthy of visit as well
. Shopping Center Capital - Paris
- I remember big shopping malls and stores, Paris is one of the fashion center in the world and I was just curious to see what’s inside, Louis Vuitton, Channel, Christian Dior, Hermes, YSL, Chloe etc. The products are almost the same in other cities in other parts of the world. The Avenue of Champs-Élysées is a lively avenue with luxury shops and stores, cinemas, cafes, chestnut trees. I now know why it is one of the most famous street in the world.
Eiffel tower Dinner
- I remember waiting in line to be able to climb the Eiffel tower and dine there and look at the magnificent architecture below it -- the city, the road formation and the glitter at night. I almost say to myself, I am no longer scared of heights. Silently praying I will not fall, but it is safe alright.
Villas and Chateaus
- I remember the Villas and Chateaus outside Paris like the Chateaus De Vaux-le Comte. You can get a Free Pass which you can use to unlimited sightseeing in Paris and gives you pass to almost all the attractions in the city of Paris. I avail of the Free Pass and it gave me Free use of public transport within Paris Zones 1 - 3 (Metro and public buses) for the validity of your pass.
- There are thousands of nice restaurants in Paris and all of them have one chef or another, but of course all we want to do is to eat as we are tired roaming around the city. I tasted tagliatelle with shrimp and sea foods on it, its like a fettuccine and thin slice of spaghetti noodles.
- I ate baguette every morning with coffee. Baguette is a long -- thin loaf of crusty bread and it is the most important part of any French meal.
- I also enjoyed escargots --snails cooked with garlic and butter -- roast duck plus rabbit. It is very delicious.
But above all, I remember how happy I was, and yes I am thankful for the memories. I am happier now and Paris will always be a city of love for me. Once I thought it was a city of a lost love.
- What to see at Malta : The Queen of Mediterranean
Malta -- the gateway to Africa I visited Malta in 2006, and I can say that it is a very nice and lively place situated in the Mediterranean region, it is indeed a gateway if you want to go to Africa. It is...
- Amazing Australia: Travel to the deep down under
Amazing Australia: My travel to the deep down under So what did I discover when I went to Australia? The capital is Canberra and not Sydney Part of their legacies and history are the aborigines and...
- Singapore -- The Lion City-State
Singapore -- the Lion city-state Southeast Asia is a great place to visit, as you can see the traditions of the modern world mixing with the Eastern tradition -- it is really a place where "East meet...
- What to see at Canberra: Australia's capital city
What to see at Canberra: Australia's capital city I decided to write about Australia in particular its capital city, Canberra which I visited three years ago, and I will share it with you. Institutions of...
- Boracay White Beach, Philippines -- One of the Worlds Best
Boracay White Beach, Philippines -- One of the Worlds Best Where is Philippines located? Philippines is a country surrounded by bodies of water and is located in South East Asia. It is...
More by this Author
Boracay White Beach, Philippines -- One of the Worlds Best Where is Philippines located? Philippines is a country surrounded by bodies of water and is located in South East Asia. It is surrounded by large ocean...
What to see at Amsterdam : capital city of Netherlands (Holland) Netherlands is located at the northwestern Europe and is bounded by the Germany to the east and Belgium to the south, and the North sea to the north and...
In honor of the Cinco de Mayo (May 5) celebration, I will feature in this hub the beautiful, best and famous Mexican actresses and actors. Cinco de Mayo is a celebration in Mexico and in other parts of the world where...