Inexpensive Hotels In Paris
Cheap Hotels In Paris
Inexpensive hotels in Paris
Paris does not need to be expensive; if you plan carefully you can find good quality and cheap hotels in Paris, reduced entrance fees for most Paris attractions and even free entrance to museums.
Amazing as it might sound, you can also find several restaurants that offer free food if you buy a drink, free wine tasting places, free hairdressers and make up artists and even free entrance to night clubs. Who said Paris was an expensive place? In my experience Paris is a place with something to offer to every one regardless of their budget.
Hotels in Paris
Finding budget hotels in Paris
Based on my personal experience, I can tell you that the best deals for hotels in Paris can be found online. Another good source for finding cheap accommodation in Paris has been friend’s recommendations.
Villa Royale Hotel Paris
Tips to Find Cheap Hotels in Paris
- Book in advance. Some hotels in Paris offer significant discounts and upgrades if you book in advance. This means that if you book your hotel room 3 or 4 months in advance, for the same amount of money you can get a suite instead of a single room. For example, the beautiful rococo style Villa Royale Hotel near the Moulin rouge offers a standard room for €159 if you book your room on the same week you are planning to stay there. But if you book 3 months in advance you can get a double deluxe room (Jacuzzi included) for almost the same price. Additionally, with this hotel you can get a 10% discount if you pay at the time of booking. This is one of the most delightful small hotels I have stayed in while visiting Paris. A first category hotel furnished in a refined rococo style that you can book at a low price (Paris standards) if you plan in advance.
Search your hotel by stars. Some Hotel booking websites offer the option of searching for a hotel by number of stars. Start with the lowest one and work your way up comparing prices and services offered. Sometimes a one star hotel can end up more expensive than a 2 or 3 stars once you add hidden fees such as wifi, telephone, parking and breakfast.
- Search your hotel by Arrondissement. Some areas in Paris are more expensive than others. If you are planning to stay in central Paris you can travel by metro or bus so make sure that your hotel is near a well served metro or bus station. A hotel that is too far away from a serviced station can be cheaper but may work out more expensive in the long term if you need to take a taxi or a train every time you want to go somewhere.
Paris 20 Arrondissements
Best Budget Hotels in France
Parisian Hideaways: Exquisite Rooms in Enchanting Hotels
An enticing new insider’s to Paris. Showing the larger hotels and chains, Casey O’Brien Blondes has put together an impeccable list of four-star escapes carefully selected for their interior design, authenticity, panache, and personalized service. Grouped by theme—including literary, historic, and boudoir—the hotels present an enticing range of décor, from the timeless splendor of the Raphael, with its incomparable view of the Arch de Triomphe from its lush rooftop garden restaurant, to the minimalist verve of Hotel le A off the Faubourg Saint-Honoré, where graphic black-and-white décor harmonize with Gallic élan.
More Tips to Find Cheap Quality Hotels in Paris
- Look for special offers. It is worth investing time in searching for special offers. For example, Novotel in Paris offers free accommodation and breakfast for two children under the age of 16 staying in their parents' or grandparents' room and having breakfast as a family. Not only you are saving money here, (hotel breakfasts can be very expensive) but the children love the little McDonald-style boxes where they get a very complete and healthy breakfast. If you are travelling with older children or teenagers, with Novotel you can also book a second room for your children at half the price of your own room.
- Look for free extras that make your trip more comfortable. On our last trip to Paris we discovered that unlike most hotels, with Novotel we didn’t have to vacate the room by midday. We had the time to have a long lie on our last day as our room was available for late check-out until 5:00 pm.
- Try to book a hotel which includes breakfast. In some hotels in Paris the price of your breakfast can add up to €20 per person for a basic continental breakfast. Try to find a hotel which includes breakfast as part of the price.
- Look for free nights when you are booking your hotel. Some hotels offer a free night if you book in advance for a set number of nights. It is common to see offers such as “3 nights for the price of 2” or “Book 4 nights, the 5th night is free”. For example the 4 star Hotel Astor Saint Honore, offers 3 nights for the price of two if your stay is between the 1st of November and the 28th of February.
- For long stays book an apartment. If you are planning a prolonged stay in Paris (more than 4 days) booking an apartment might be a better option for you. You can find studios in central Paris for as little as €49 a night or 350 Euros a week for a one room apartment. This is also a good option if you have a big family as most hotels do not offer appropriate accommodation for families with more than 3 children. Renting an apartment will also give you the option to prepare a simple meal (like breakfast) which can save a lot of money for a large family. Another benefit of renting an apartment is most apartments usually have a washing machine, and sometimes also a dryer, which lets you travel much lighter.
Inexpensive Hotels in Paris
Investing time booking your hotel in Paris can save you a lot of money on your trip. If you plan carefully your Paris vacation does not need to be expensive.
More by this Author
Shopping in Paris is every fashionista’s dreams. Here I will guide you to the best designer addresses in Paris. Find here the best designers shops in Paris marked in a map for easy access along with their opening...
For most people, Paris is synonymous with the Louvre, one of the most popular museums in the world. What most people travelling to Paris do not know is that if planned carefully, they can visit the Louvre for free!
The most important thing when choosing swimwear is to feel comfortable in it and to look fab, not fat. Yes, you want to stop worrying about your shape while you are at the beach or swimming pool.