Finance And Healthcare Jobs In New Jersey, Home Of Thomas Edison
Glenmont, The Thomas A. Edison Home and National ParkClick thumbnail to view full-size
Inventor Thomas Alva Edison and his staff worked to perfect electric car batteries in the early 1900s and built a few electric cars. He was convinced it was the Car of the Future. His wife agreed, the Detroit Electric being her favorite model. You can see electric cars at the Edison namesake national park.
Thomas Edison National Historical Park
New Jersey today are are dominated by Veterinary Services and the human Healthcare Industry. Science Education and Research are also important high demand employment areas.
Fastest Growing Jobs In New Jersey, USA
The Top 20 Fast-Growing Jobs in New Jersey to 2016 are dominated by Veterinary Services and the Healthcare Industry.
Other top high demand positions include work in interviewing and research, political science, religion, education, farming, and business management for athletes and performers.
Home health aides, medical assistants, dental assistants, and preschool teachers are the most-employed occupations in New Jersey. These job titles keep the most people in the state employed.
Largest Growth Fields:
- Insurance and Financial Products,
- Group Homes,
- Employment Services, and
- Building Products.
According to the state government, the Top 10 Business Sectors in the state with the largest employee pools in New Jersey include:
- Health Care and Social Assistance - 16 Million+
- Retail Trade - 15 Million+
- Manufacturing - 14 Million
- Education Services - 11.5 Million
- Accommodation and Food Services - 10 Million
- Administrative & Support and Waste Management & Remediation Services - 8 Million
- Construction - 7.4 Million
- Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services - 7 Million
- Public Administration - 7 Million
- Finance and Insurance - 6 Million
Cities Advertising the Most Jobs
A New Jersey Cranberry Harvest
Top Job Listers in Finance and Insurance
- Bank of America
- JPMorgan Chase
- United Planning Group
Top Healthcare Employers Listing Jobs
- Medical Connections
- Johnson & Johnson
- Bayada Nurses
- Genesis Healthcare
- Saint Barnabas Health Care
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
High Demand Finance Jobs
- Project Managers
- Business Analysts
- Java Developers
- Software Engineers
- Financial Advisor - Investments
- Financial Analysts
- Administrative Assistants
- Financial Analysts
- Account Executives
- Insurance Agents - The Affordable Care Act brought business to healthcare insurance plans and agencies across the nation.
High Demand Health Jobs
- Physical Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Physical Therapy Assistants
- Physical Therapy Aides
- Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Registered Nurses (RNs) - includes Travel Nursing
- Sales Representatives of health related goods and services
- Administrative Assistants
- Medical Assistants and Physician('s) Assistants
- Nursing support staff
Jobs For Veterans In Newark
During November 2015, a consistent 90,000+ job listings appeared for work in New Jersey. Over 30,000 listings were for Truck Drivers with CDL licenses.
A Million American Jobs
Major Trucking and Transport Companies Needing Drivers and Mechanics
- USA Truck
- US Xpress
- Swift Transportation
- CRST, all divisions
- Hogan Transportation
- Navajo Express
- Watkins Shepard
Driving and Delivery Jobs
Prudential, using the Rock of Gibraltar as its logo, is one of the largest, oldest, and most trusted insurance and financial products companies in America.
The Prudential Center
Business Highlight Of Prudential
PRUDENTIAL FINANCIAL PRODUCTS
This well known insurance and financial products corporation offers the following products as well as others for individuals, families, and businesses:
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Care
- Retirement Accounts
- Real Estate
- Financial Planning for Women
The company also offers a wide array of products suitable for small and large businesses. In particular, institutional investments are a specialty, including:
- Fixed Income
- Private Fixed Income
- Real Estate
- Commercial Mortgages
- Real Esate Investing
Employment Opportunities and benefits programs are available at:
Prudential Answers Your Questions
On the Prudential website, you can also easily request answers to a number of financial questions and receive free rate quotes, such as:
- auto insurance quotes
- life insurance quotes
- term life insurance
- homeowners insurance
- commercial auto insurance
- commercial property insurance
- commercial liability insurance
- motorcycle insurance
- renter's insurance
Higher Education In New Jersey
Healthcare and Research:
University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey is one of the Top 20 Employers in New Jersey. Branch Campuses are located at:
- Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences: Newark, Piscataway, Stratford
- New Jersey Dental School: Newark
- New Jersey Medical School: Newark
- Robert Wood Johnson Medical School: Piscataway, New Brunswick, Camden
- School of Health Related Professions: Newark, Scotch Plains, Piscataway, Stratford
- School of Nursing: Newark, Stratford
- School of Osteopathic Medicine: Stratford
- School of Public Health: Newark, Piscataway, New Brunswick, Stratford, Camden
Other major research universities located in New Jersey:
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
- New Jersey Institute of Technology
- University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey
State colleges in New Jersey:
- The College of New Jersey
- The Richard Stockton College of New Jersey
- Kean University
- Rowan University
- Montclair State University
- Thomas Edison State College
- New Jersey City University
- William Paterson University of New Jersey
- Ramapo College of New Jersey
A number of community colleges and independent 4-year colleges are also located in the State of New Jersey. Vocational and technical education is offered by several institutions and online distance learning is available from many schools as well.
New Jersey Information
- Business and Jobs in South Jersey
The term "Southern New Jersey" or "South Jersey" refers to a large Metroplex of 8 counties that is examined for labor statistics each year by the federal, county, and local governments. Philadelphia is to the west and NYC to the east, with many caree
- Fun and Attractions in Union City, New Jersey
A former coworker in employment services and education was born in New Jersey. He takes his wife and children there every year to enjoy the attractions. He has observed, especially from 2000 - 2012, that the shoreline of New Jersey in the bays along.
- Greatest Places for Photography USA - Kingda Ka in N...
Some of the greatest places in America occur at the top of the highest curve on a roller coaster track.
- Hoboken NJ - The Mile Square City and Home of the Zipper
A city of many "Firsts", Hoboken continues to grow quickly. Positioned near Manhattan, it benefits from increasing jobs there, but affords lower residential costs. Home of Baseball and Zippers!
- Hot Jobs on the Jersey Shore
What do people on TV's "Jersey Shore" do for a living and what will they do the future? The job options in New Jersey provide a good menu of selections.The notoriety of MTV's Jersey Shore and appearances of some of the reality show's actors is huge.
- Recovering Economy and Business In Camden, New Jerse...
The poorest city in America is near some of the richest cities. Camden has plenty of potential and improvements are underway in a city that has over 49,000 jobs available, but crime is tough.
© 2007 Patty Inglish
More by this Author
55-Alive! Magazine suggests a number of places they feel are better than average for retirement living. These include a number of US States and...
The term "Southern New Jersey" or "South Jersey" refers to a large Metroplex of 8 counties that is examined for labor statistics each year by the federal, county, and local governments. Philadelphia...
After writing resumes, cover letters, and job applications, candidates hope to interview well, impress the hiring officer, and secure the job. Here's what to avoid saying during the interview.