Legoland Florida: Now Open!
Legoland Florida is the largest Lego park in the world. The 150-acre family theme park is located in Winter Haven (about 50 miles southwest of Orlando). It opened October 15, 2011 on the former site of the historic Cypress Gardens. The gardens have been maintained as part of Legoland and are included in the cost of admission. Splash Island Waterpark was also kept on site but will be charged separately. Legoland Florida boasts over 50 rides and includes dozens of shows and attractions.
- Island in the Sky: 50-foot rotating platform that provides 360° view
- Lego Kingdoms: Simulated joust on Lego-themed horses
- Duplo Village: Kids volunteer as firemen to put "fires" out together
- Funtown: Factory tour, 4D movie theater, Lego store
- Imagination Zone: Build and test your own Lego car or robot
- Land of Adventure: Safari through lands inhabited by life-size Lego animals
- Lego City: Kids' driving school, boating school, flying school
- Miniland USA: Features mini Lego replicas of American cities
- Roller Coasters: Including wooden, steel, and inverted
- Themed Restaurants: The Market, Funtown Pizza Buffet, Granny's Apple Fries, Castle Burger, Robot Pit Stop
As the name implies, this is a land of minis! Enjoy a walk through gardens filled with mini Lego replicas of American cities. To give an idea of what to expect, here are some of the featured locations.
- Florida: Miami, The Keys, Daytona, Kennedy Space Center
- Las Vegas: Luxor, Mirage, Excalibur, Tropicana, Treasure Island
- New York City: Rockefeller Plaza, Statue Of Liberty, Empire State Building
- Washington, D.C.: White House, US Capitol, Presidential Monuments
- Pirates: A pirate-themed area with small replica Lego ships
Start out with Island in the Sky at the entrance, and move on to Lego-themed bumper cars; multiple roller coasters; Lego-animal safari; train ride; race a life-size Lego Technics vehicle along a coaster track; water carousel ride; technicycle that shoots riders into the air using pedal power; tower free fall; and multiple dark rides and flat rides.
Tickets and Pricing
Ages [3-12; 60+] / [13-60]
- One Day Admission - $65 / $75
- Standard Annual - $99 / $129
- Plus Annual - $129 / $159
- Ambassador - $2,500
- Senior Garden - $85
- Hotel Packages - starting from $47.99/night
Hours Of Operation
Hours of operation vary widely throughout the year. Consult this calendar when planning your Legoland vacation: check for hours
Coupons And Discounts
Contact Information & Map
Copyright © 2012 Faceless39. All rights reserved.
More by this Author
Oral cancer can be deadly, but is often overlooked. Learn how to check yourself for oral cancer. This article covers techniques, symptoms, and what's normal.
Imagine a place where bullocks mix freely with carts, cars, motorcycles, auto-rickshaws, cycle-rickshaws, pedestrians, buses, bicycles, bicycle carts, stray dogs, menacing trucks, scooters, wheelbarrows, and depending...
Learn about the prevalence of tooth decay, what causes cavities to form, how much sugar and acid common drinks contain, and how to minimize damage.