Minnesota Is The Place To Be
I Love Minnesota!
A Hidden Vacation Getaway
Minnesota may be known for its many lakes but should also been known for the diverse population of attractions. Many people flock to Florida during summer months but if you’re looking for something different then why not give Minnesota a try. You might be surprised by what you find. Here are just a handful of the many wonderful places you can visit and spend priceless hours and cherished memories with your family.
1. Mall of America. The second biggest mall in North America, this is a great place for the whole family to enjoy. You can browse or shop the over 400 stores to choose from, relax with a bite to eat while watching fish dance around you at the Rainforest Café, enjoy a movie at the 14 screened movie theatre, let your younger children explore their creative side at the Lego Imagination Center, conquer some thrill rides at Nickelodeon Universe, brave the sharks and other sea creatures at the Underwater Adventures Aquarium, get wet and wild at the attached indoor swimming park. There’s also a daycare for your children if you are craving some time alone with your loved one. This place is endless fun. Your legs will hurt at the end of the day but the memories will be well worth it.
2. Minnesota Zoo. Enjoy an amazing bird show with a beautiful bald eagle, take a stroll through the Medtronic Minnesota Trail and discover coyotes, wolves, raccoons, lynx’s, beavers and much more, take a break at the Imax theatre to cool off from the heat and to rest your legs, go the ocean at Discovery Bay to observe the aquatic creatures, be thrilled by the butterfly garden, experience a working farm at the Wells Fargo Family Farm and even get up close and personal time with the pigs and cows.
3. The State Fair. The end of August through September this is one fair that does not want to be missed. Enjoy top name acts at the Grandstand every night, forget the diet and bask in deep fried Twinkies and snicker bars, let the kids enjoy themselves on the many fair rides, stroll through the agricultural and animal exhibit and maybe you’ll find some cute baby farm animals along the way. If your into renewable sources of energy than the Eco Experience might be the place for you, there’s even church services on the grounds there.
4. Go fishing and shopping at the same time. There are numerous places to fish and enjoy the outdoors in Minnesota. The Chisago Lakes area about 40 minutes east of the twin cities has a few beautiful lakes to catch some crappies and walleyes on. Located in Lindstrom and Chisago City you can rent a cabin, bed and breakfast nearby or stay in one of the small inns near town. Lindstrom is rooted in Swedish history and also has a wonderful and nostalgic center of town where gift shops and tasteful places of food are awaiting you.
5. Minneapolis/St. Paul. These twin cities are both loaded with activities and sights to see. If you’re into the arts the Guthrie Theatre might be for you. It contains three stages, dining, and a beautiful view of Minneapolis, attend a Twins game at the new Target field, discover professional lacrosse with a Swarm game at the Excel center or puck-fighting players with the Minnesota Wild, stroll along the views of the Minnesota River over the walk ways of Minneapolis, learn some interesting Minnesota History at the Mill City Museum, learn about the Dead Sea Scrolls at the Minnesota Science Museum, the Taste of Minnesota in the Summer months can brighten any taste bud, and the list goes on and on. There’s no excuse for boredom when you’re in the Twin Cities.
6. Hiking and Biking Trails. There are many wonderful paths to be found in Minnesota. Some go for miles and miles. A great way to take in the beautiful landscapes of Minnesota while getting some exercise.
7. Paddle Boat Ride and Much more! On the border of Minnesota and Wisconsin is a place called Taylors Falls. There you can take a fun ride on a paddle boat while being served a tasty boxed lunch or do some camping, hiking, canoeing or even rock climbing along the scenic St. Croix River. Wild Mountain down the road from the river has a water park and during the winter months opens up for skiing and snowboarding.
8. Valleyfair. This amusement park located in Shakopee Minnesota is home to numerous thrilling rides, brave the Wild Thing roller coaster or the newest attraction The Steel Venom that will send the blood rushing to your brain and your stomach swirling in butterflies, cool off in Soak City, let the little ones enjoy the numerous kiddie rides available to make them smile.
As you can see Minnesota is the place to be. These are just a few of the many hotspots Minnesota has to offer. After reading this article I hope you take Minnesota into consideration for your next family getaway. I know you won’t regret it.
More by this Author
Here is a healthy and refreshing option to replace that sugar laden coffee in the morning and is great for a summer day to beat the heat plus tastes great too! 1. Pour 2 quarts of water in large pot and bring it to a...
No comments yet.