Disney and Other Employers In Orlando, Florida
Disney World Monorail
The Wonderful World of Disney
Some people begin working at Disney theme parks in high school and college, leave for their trained careers, and come back in retirement years because it is a different world that they love.
Others make it their first job at age 16 and stay until their dying day, sometime working in another career and returning the to park in the evenings or on weekends. They cannot get enough and never tire of the sights, sounds, and people.
Orlando is one of the cities around the world that offers such opportunities for recreation, work, and adventure.
Orlando-Kissimmee Area of Florida
The Greater Orlando Area, including the statistical unit known as Orlando-Kissimmee, is recognized by national economists as one of the Top 25 Best Large Cities in the US for Jobs and Business success. The metro area is home to approximately 2,000,000 people and is located in Central Florida, north of the Everglades.
Largest Employers in Orlando - Kissimmee
- Walt Disney World
- Orange County Public Schools
- Adventist Health System (Florida Hospital)
- Universal Orlando Resort
- Orlando Regional Healthcare
- Publix Supermarkets Inc.
- University of Central Florida
- Westgate Resorts/Central Florida Investments
- Lockheed Martin - Part of the NASA Commercial Crew
- Seminole County Public Schools
- Darden Restaurants
Walt Disney World Resort is in the Reedy Creek Improvement District, a city zone devoted to industrial and residential upgrade and growth.
Other local businesses include SeaWorld and Universal Orlando Resort.
Downtown Orlando is under a large redevelopment project to extend well into the 21st century, with growth in construction as well as other businesses. Orlando maintains its place as second largest American city in total number of hotel rooms.
The Disney College Program - Summer Jobs and Internships
Fastest Growing Jobs in Central Florida
The Top 10 Fastest-Growing Jobs in Orlando-Kissimmee are on the the following list. Many of them involve Healthcare and/or Information Technology (IT) as well as Educational and Legal Services.
- Network Systems and Data Communications Analysts
- Home Health Aides
- Physician Assistants
- Pharmacy Technicians
- Medical Assistants
- Computer Software Engineers
- Special Education Teachers - Preschool through Elementary.
- Respiratory Therapists
- Paralegals and Legal Assistants
An additional 10 of the fastest growing jobs in the area include Services and IT as well as Healthcare and others:
- Court Reporters
- Computer Software Engineers
- Database Administrators
- Occupational Therapists
- Registered Nurses (RNs)
- Special Education Teachers, Middle School
- Engineering Teachers, Postsecondary
- Network and Computer Systems Administrators
- Dental Hygienists
- Survey Researchers
In addition to these twenty occupations, there weill be thousands of additional jobs in Food Preparation at all levels and Retail Sales by 2015, just in the Greater Orlando Area alone.
Finding Your Dream Job Is Magic
Orlando-Kissimmee Employment Links
- Orlando Health & Medical Jobs
- Seminole Tribe of Florida - Employment, Job Posting.
Seminole Tribe of Florida Employment Opportunities in several communities.
- Travel Nursing
Focus on Lake Mary, Florida
In the Greater Orlando Area, Lake Mary is a booming town. It is touted as the best site in Central Florida for business relocation and business investments. Increases in numbers of new businesses and expansions of current businesses translates into more jobs for more people and greater sales and profits for businenss owners in a strong enconomy that attracts new residents and consumers. Plus, Lake Mary has no city income tax.
Money Magazine named Lake Mary FL in 2008 as #4 out of the Top 100 Best Places to Live in America.
Wadley-Donovan Group, Inc. research shows that Seminole County labor pool be the most highly educated in Central Florida. Managerial skills are high on the list of qualifications that they possess and that are needed in Orlando Area Jobs. Company recruiters are able to hire many people that transfer into the St. Marys area, while numerous families are moving into the region to purchases home.
Lake Mary teams with the local Seminole County government, the Chamber of Commerce, and the county Economic Development Commission to develop new jobs and positive business trends in the area. Together, they distribute information with the goals of attracting additional new residents to fill the open high-pay jobs in the region.
North Orlando Suburbs
Lake Mary Businesses
Lake Mary and adjacent communities support the following successful large businesses that employee substantial numbers of workers:
- AAA National Headquarters
- Recoton Corporation
- Siemens-Stromberg Carlson
- Strang Communications
- WOFL-TV Channel 35
- WKCF TV-18
- Cincinnati Bell Information Systems
- Bellsouth Mobility
Orlando Area Sports
College Team Sports
Central Florida Knights
Professional Team Sports
- Orlando Magic (NBA)
- Orlando Predators (AFL) - Arena Football
- Orlando Seals - Atlantic Coast Hockey League
Many sports tournaments are held on the sites of Disney World in their luxury hotels and other venues. This often includes AAU Junior Olympics, THE US OPENS of several martial arts federations, and many other sports.
Jobs and internships may be available throughout the year as well as during peak tourism months in any of the sports teams and related businesses, concessions, venue staff, etc.
Colleges and Universities
- Adventist Florida Hospital: College of Health Sciences - 671 Winyah Dr, Orlando, FL 32803
- Florida College-Integrative
- FCEP - Florida College of Emergency Physicians
- High-Tech Institute - 3710 Maguire Blvd, Orlando, FL 32803
- International Academy of Design
- Orlando Culinary Academy - Le Cordon Bleu Affiliated
- Orlando Tech - 301 W Amelia St, Orlando, FL 32801
- Seminole State College - local campus
- University of Central Florida
- Valencia Community College - 1800 S Kirkman Rd, Orlando, FL 32811
OTHER SCHOOLS WITH ADULT PROGRAMS
Seminole Tribal Fair & Pow Wow
Native American-owned Businesses
- Black Hawk Tobacco
- Cherokee Data Solutions
- Native American construction business: CW Construction
- Native American Business Alliance
- The Spa at Shingle Creek
- Hard Rock International, Orlando - purchased by Seminole Nation.
Brighton Seminole Indian Reservation
Fancy Feather - Dance Competition
© 2008 Patty Inglish
More by this Author
Jousting is the state sport, but swimming is gaining traction as hometown hero Michael Phelps racks up gold medals. Meanwhile, the state is a good place to do business.
Two cities in North Carolina have been recognized on the list of American suburbs that are the Best 25 Places to Move for work in the USA. Triangle Research Park is at the bottom of this success and behind a growing...
After writing resumes, cover letters, and job applications, candidates hope to interview well, impress the hiring officer, and secure the job. Here's what to avoid saying during the interview.