Ozark, MO - Your Serene Place Between Springfield and Branson, MO
The town itself offers a Mayberry atmosphere with wonderful restaurants, such as Rosie Jo's Cafe, Spring Creek Tea Room, and the famous Lambert's Cafe; antique shops, lovely scenery, and a relaxing peaceful place to walk along the blue-green Finley River or a car ride into the beautiful Ozark Mountains filled with animal life and foliage.
The friendly, hometown people will make you feel right at home.
Ozark, Missouri, is full of character. Anything you want to know about the town and its surrounding area will be freely offered. All you need to do is ask.
Drop by Economy Tire to have your oil and tires checked and for a great description of things to do in the Ozark Mountains. There is no "big store" feel in this family-owned business that has been in Ozark for nearly 50 years. If you have an issue with your car, drop by for a fair price and friendly chatter.
Check out Hank's Chevrolet, another family-owned business, if you need to have your engine checked or want to buy a new car from the friendliest, most honest guys around. They will not only help you with your car; they will tell you about area sporting events, lake spots, and the best place to find great vacation deals.
Or, just drop into one of Ozark's many restaurants and listen to those around you. Feel free to join their conversation; they will tell you what you need to know.
Things to Do in and around Springfield, Missouri
Ozark is strategically located – being 15 miles from Springfield and 20 miles from Branson. You can take your family to Springfield and enjoy:
- A professional Springfield Cardinals Baseball Game at the awe-inspiring Hammon’s Field. "Take Me Out to the Ballgame!" "Play Ball!" The Springfield Cardinals will provide an exciting game for the sports' enthusiasts and for great family entertainment. See a game in style at the beautiful Hammon's Field.
- The original Bass Pro Shop – for outdoorsmen and the famous, like President George Bush, Ted Nugent, and many more. Outdoors and sporting enthusiasts can find everything they need in Bass Pro. If you need fishing poles and hooks, you will find them. If you need camping supplies beyond your imagination, you will find them. If you need hunting gear, it is there. Also, you will find clothes for every type of outdoor sport and casual fashions. Plus, Bass Pro Shop is interesting to simply walk through and see the fish tanks with fish and ducks.There is a museum quality with all the well-preserved stuffed animals and the rustic décor of the store.
- Battlefield Mall is a great place to shop for name brands and low prices. There are a variety of stores and shops, such as, Macy's, JC Penney, Dillards, and a variety of novelty and specialty shops. Restaurants and eateries are well-placed for your convenience, such Annie's Pretzels, Hu Hots, and Ruby Tuesday. You will find something for everyone at The Mall.
- The Wilson’s Creek Battlefield for Civil War history is located 10 minutes east of Springfield to tour and experience the war scene and possibly witness a reenactment of the battle. Rich in Civil War history and artifacts, you and your family will feel the essence of the battle and its rich history as you are guided through the battlefield.
Things to Do in and around Branson, Missouri
Or, you could go south to Branson where you will find:
- Theme parks, such as the 1800’s Silver Dollar City where you can experience World Fest in the spring, Kid Fest in the summer, the Harvest Festival in the fall, and the beautiful Festival of Lights during the Christmas season.
- For summer fun, White Water is a water park for adventure. It has a "wave pool" that replicates the ocean's waves, the "Lazy River" that you can relax and let the current carry you, a small child's water play area, and a variety of water slides for one or a whole group to use. There is something for each member of the family and age group.
- Family friendly shows, such as Dolly Parton’s Dixie Stampede, Andy Williams Theatre in the tradition of the great, late Andy Williams, The Legends of Liverpool, Jim Stafford, and many more.
- Branson provides the most wonderful shopping experience from outlet malls like Tanger Outlet Mall where you can get some great deals to the more upper-scale BransonLanding with its many shops and restaurants located in beautiful old town Branson next to Lake Taneycomo. Shopping and eating could not be more fun or delicious.
- Table Rock Lake is a favorite destination for camping, fishing, water skiing, and swimming. You may choose to take a day or two in one of the many Lake side condos. Whatever you choose to do, the breathtaking beauty of the Ozark Mountains and the lake are exhilarating and refreshing.
When you are ready to relax after each full day of scenery, shopping, fishing and swimming, theme park adventures, and/or family entertainment, you can return to your safe haven in Ozark to relax and enjoy the quiet peacefulness that engulfs you before a serene nights sleep.
© 2011 Susan Holland
More by this Author
Anxiety, stress, and panic attacks take a toll on our mental and physical health. Learn how you can stop anxiety naturally. Being overwhelmed and stressed affects every part of our body causing physical and mental...
Lucille Ball paved the way for women in the business world and in life. She was the first woman to own her own film company and the first to go on national television showing her pregnancy. Big steps for the Women's...
If you are a teacher, you have had to deal with a disruptive class. Here are tips for dealing with that disruptive class in order to calm the class and save your sanity.