RV Rentals Information
Table of Contents
There are many reasons why people decide to rent RV. The most common reason is for vacation travel. RV trips are a lot cheaper compare to other type of vacations. According to a study conducted by PKF Consulting Firm, typical RV family vacations are on average 26% to 74% less expensive than other type of vacations.
For people who want to own an RV, renting one or some models of RV is the great way to know which type of RV suits their need.
There are many types of RV for rent offered by RV rentals companies. The most popular type is motorhome especially Class C Motorhome. Class C Motorhome is comfortable and easier to drive.
- All rental RV companies require you to have valid driver’s license and proof of age.
- They also have minimum age requirement for the driver, generally 25 years old. They will charge an extra fee if the driver’s age is under this requirement.
- They also require you to make a deposit against damage which is usually around $500. It will be refunded if the RV is returned in good condition.
- Minimum rental duration is 7 days.
RV rental fee varies depending on the size of the RV, length of time you’re going to rent it, and the season when you rent it. Approximate rental fee for motorhome is $100 to $250 per day.
There are other fees in addition to basic rental fee:
- Mileage fee. Most RV rentals companies will give you a daily allowance for mileage usually 100 miles per day. If you go over this allowance, you will be charged extra fees around 30 to 40 cents per mile.
- Generator fee around $3 to $4 per hour.
- Insurance. Some RV rental companies include insurance in the basic rental fee and some don’t
- Most RV rental companies offer you housekeeping package (silverware, pants, pots, etc) and will charge an additional fee.
- If you don’t bring your own bedding, RV rentals will give you bedding package. The cost will be added to your rental fee.
- A ‘Personal Kit’ fee which include sleeping bag, blanket, pillow, pillowcase, bath towel, etc. Approximate cost is $35 per person and all items must be returned at the end of the trip.
Where To Find An RV for Rent
There are hundreds of RV rentals companies out there. You can use google to find them online. But make sure you are working with the reputable companies that fits your budget. Below are the most reputable companies in USA and Canada:
- El Monte RV: Located at Albuquerque, Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Orlando, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, Seattle/Vancouver, and Washington, DC.
- Apollo RV: Los Angeles (CA), Las Vegas (NV), and San Francisco (CA) — with more on the way.
- Moturis: Located at Atlanta, Boston, Buffalo/Toronto, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Fort Lauderdale, Fort Myers, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Nashville, New York, Orlando, Phoenix, Portland, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle/Tacoma, and Seattle/Vancouver.
- Road Bear: Located at Denver (Colorado), Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York (New Jersey, actually), and San Francisco.
- Fraserway RV:Located at Calgary, Halifax, Toronto, Vancouver, and Whitehorse (gateway to Alaska).
Tips & Warning
- Take a test drive before you rent an RV to get familiar with the vehicle. Every RV rentals companies will allow you to do this.
- Make sure you read the rental agreement before signing the contract.
- Get a copy of rental’s policy regarding mechanical breakdown. Are they going to compensate you if this happens?
- Travel as light as possible.
More by this Author
So you want to find good deals on used travel trailers for sale online? Here are step by step to find them. Using RV Search Service is the best, free, and easy way to find cheap used travel trailers. They have a...