Find San Francisco's Weekly Farmers Market Schedules and Locations
Farmers markets are all the rage these days — there are over 450 in California alone. People shop at them to support local farmers or to buy sustainable produce. Farmers markets tend to offer more varieties of a given fruit or vegetable — it's possible for a farmer to sell 8 or 10 different kinds of apples, each with a distinct flavor! And shopping at a farmers market is far more educational and interactive than stopping by your local Safeway.
San Francisco's Ferry Building is surely the city's most famous farmers market, and it has become a tourist attraction in its own right. It has farmers markets with up to 80 growers on Saturdays and Tuesdays.
S.F. Farmers Markets: Where to Find Them, When to Go
The Ferry Building is the most famous farmers market in San Francisco, but it is by no means the only one. Almost every neighborhood has its own weekly farmers market, and here's a guide to San Francisco's farmers markets and a time schedule of when they operate.
- Mission/Bernal Heights farmers market: 100 Alemany Blvd. (Sat. 6 A.M.-3 P.M.)
- Bayview Hunters Point farmers market: Bayview Opera House 4705 Third Street (Wed. 8:30 A.M.-12 noon)
- Crocker Galleria/ Union Square farmers market: 50 Post Street (Thurs. 11 A.M. - 3 P.M.)
- Fillmore farmers market: Fillmore and O'Farrell streets (Sat. 9 A.M. - 1 P.M.)
- Ferry Building farmers market: Embarcadero (Tues. 10 A.M.- 2 P.M., Sat. 8 A.M. - 2 P.M.)
- Civic Center farmers market: Market Street between 7th and 8th streets (Wed. 7 A.M.- 5:30 P.M. and Sun. 7 A.M. - 5 P.M.)
- Richmond District farmers market: 2425 Geary Blvd. (Wed. 10 A.M. - 2 P.M.)
- Noe Valley farmers market: 24th Street between Vicksburg and Sanchez (Sat. 8 A.M. - 1 P.M.)
- Stonestown/Sunset farmers market: Stonestown Galleria near Macy's (Sun. 9 A.M. - 1 P.M.)
- UCSF/Inner Sunset farmers market: 505 Parnassus Ave. (Wed. May-October, 10 A.M. - 3 P.M.)
- Castro farmers market: Market and Noe streets (Wed. 4 P.M. - 8 P.M.)
More by this Author
San Francisco is known as a restaurant town, with some of the finest food available anywhere. But some restaurants are more San Francisco than others. Here are 7 restaurants you would only find in San Francisco.
San Francisco is home to some of the best chocolate makers in the world. Learn who they are, and where you can find them.
Easy tips, recipes and recommendations to eliminate foul cat pee odors.