Schengen Visa Requirements for Filipino Citizens – Successful Application in the Philippines
The easiest way to get a Schengen visa in the Philippines without a personal interview (possible) is discussed in this page together with the application process and list of requirements for Filipino citizens to get a Schengen visa and travel all the countries and territories listed under the agreement. How much will it cost, where can you get the insurance requirement and the like. So let’s proceed.
Schengen Visa will allow anyone including Filipinos to travel and visit 22 European countries and 3 non-European in just one visa. If you want to visit Europe and some countries around it without processing and attending lots of visa appointments, the Schengen is for you. We all know that as a Philippine passport-holder, we are required to obtain visa in traveling and visiting countries around the world except some ASEAN countries and few more. However, countries like USA, UK, Japan, Canada, New Zealand, Australia and more, require us to process visa before out travel. But with Schengen, in one visa, you can visit the following countries and places as long as the visa is valid. Imagine how much money we could save and how many appointments we won’t need once we have this special visa. So so much!
List of countries you can visit having the Schengen Visa (currently 25 countries)
How long can we stay in the countries listed above?
We can stay up to the allowed time which is a maximum of 90 days in a 6 month period. So you must schedule and book your flights and accommodations for your journey within the timeframe or validity of the Schengen visa.
Can we work or study using the Schengen visa?
Obviously, no. Schengen visa is a “visitor visa” only and is designed for the purpose of tourism, travel, leisure or business.
Schengen Visa Requirements for Filipinos
The requirements for Filipino citizens and Philippine-passport-holders for the application of Schengen visa are as follows. It is recommended to obtain and process the visa in the embassy of the country you want to visit first or the last or the country you want to spend your time longer.
Tips in Schengen Visa Application in the Philippines
- Before you apply in the embassy of the country you chose, make sure of the following:
- Complete your requirements and documents first
- Finalized your flight booking, itinerary, accommodations, tour schedules
- Double check everything before proceeding to the application of visa
- You can apply and make an appointment as early as 3 months prior to your European trip
- Apply at Italy Embassy in Manila since they don’t require personal interview as long as your documents are complete and consistent (other embassies like France, Spain and others require interviews
Schengen Visa Requirements for Filipinos
- Fully accomplished and signed application form
- Valid passport (valid at least 6 months from the date of travel)
- Photocopy of valid passport and former visas (colored photocopy recommended)
- Passport-sized photos in white background
- NSO Authenticated Birth Certificate
- NSO Authenticated Marriage Certificate (if married)
- Invitation Letter addressed to the Embassy if a friend or relative will accommodate the stay of the applicant in his/her house or residence. The letter of invitation however is required to be made by a National, Citizen or Foreign Resident in the country you are applying this visa. This letter of invitation must be supported and accompanied by a document of identity or permit of stay. This Invitation Letter usually has a format and can be downloaded from the embassy or consulate of the country you are applying your visa.
- Roundtrip tickets (officially confirmed by the airline)
- Detailed itinerary which includes departure and arrival time and dates
- Hotel accommodations vouchers and booking receipts
- Proof of Financial Capacity, Income and Sufficient Funds which includes the following:
-----------Bank Account SOA (Statement of Account for the latest 3 months)
-----------Recent ITR (income Tax Return)
-----------Credit card billing statements from latest 3 consecutive months
- Certification of Employment signed by your company (if employed)
- Approved Leave of Absence
- Travel Order (if working in the government)
- Business Registration Certificate (if Self-employed)
- Travel Insurance from Accredited Schengen insurance companies in the Philippines
- Visa processing fee (per embassy requirement)
- Affidavit of Support and Consent from both parents (for minors only)
- DSWD Clearance for minors not travelling with parents (for minors only)
Take note that requirements may be added anytime so it’s better to check in the embassy you are applying the visa. I recommend personal documents like passport, NSO BC, proof of funds and others must be secured first then just follow your travel tickets, itinerary and accommodation. Finalized those dates since I’m sure you are traveling to different countries in Europe and you are gonna take the opportunity to visit as many places as you can.
Some embassies prefer online application for the Schengen visa but embassy like Italy process them by call center and you will call their hotline to make the schedule as to when your documents and requirements will be picked up by their courier service. If you have completed the documents and requirements and they are all consistent and tally, then your visa will be approved in like 5 to 7 days. Some embassies request personal interviews if they wish to know more. Italy Embassy in Manila, interviews are not done like others. So if you wish to stay longer in Italy or Milan, the Italy way is for you. Cost of visa application form is about P3,550 not including the courier service for about 450 and the call fees when you call their PIASI Call Center.
Some embassies like Spain, French Embassy and Netherlands also approve Schengen visas easily less strict than others.
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of the author, Hubpages and the agencies mentioned. All replies by the author are based from views according to experiences and not from the agencies mentioned in the article.
More by this Author
This article goes over the procedures and requirements for processing UAE attestation and authentication of certificates in the Philippines. This is for those who are asking questions and information about UAE...
Finding a job overseas can be a learning experience. This is what you'll need to have prepared when you go to the POEA office to process your direct hire application.
Quotes from the first four seasons of "Gossip Girl."