Taipei is the political, economic and cultural centre of Taiwan. It is located at the northern tip of the country. It’s economic and political development in the past years have made of Taipei an international destination for travellers all over the world and although rice fields have given way to skyscrapers Taipei is still a place where you can find a unique offer of excellent quality Cheap Taipei accommodation, an easy to use metro system for moving around the city, unique places to visit, friendly locals and delicious food.
Where else in the world would you be able to jump in a train from the city centre and get off at a Volcanic National Park in only 30 minutes?
Taipei 101 One of the World’s Tallest Buildings
Taipei at night
Taipei 101 building
Places to See:
A landmark that you cannot miss in Taipei is the Taipei 101, the 101 floor skyscraper which claims the title of world's tallest building measuring 449 m (1,474 ft) from ground to roof. You should visit inside and admire the city from one of its indoor or outdoor observatories and if you like shopping do not go away without having visited the shopping centre on the base of the tower.
Taipei in a Day
Taipei In A Day is the most comprehensive, up-to-date guide to thoroughly enjoy Taiwan. Discover relics and know where to stay and play by using the included maps, complete Taipei dining, hotel, museum, night market, parks, temple and pub guides.
TAIPEI 101 by Discovery Channel
More places to see:
- The National Palace Museum is both a museum and art gallery which holds ancient Chinese artefacts. It is a beautiful building, worth taking the time to admire from outside even if you are not a “museum person”.
- If you want to see modern Taiwanese works of art you should head towards the Taipei FineArtsMuseum.
- The National Taiwan Museum, the oldest museum in Taiwan.
- If you are interested in military museums, you should visit the Armed Forces Museum, the only military styled museum in Taiwan.
- The National Theatre and Concert Hall.
- The Shilin Night Market, here you can find anything you have ever imagined and a few things that you had never thought about! The market is open from late afternoon but crowds reach their peak between 8 and 11 p.m. although the shops are still open until about 2am.
- The Huaxi night market, not for the faint hearted. The place is famous for its snake shops and
restaurants with live snakes on the menu.
If you are looking for some natural Viagra, dare to try some fresh
- Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall. Do not miss the ceremony of the changing of guards at the entrance and take your time to walk through the beautifully landscaped gardens.
- Downtown Taipei, there you can stop to enjoy a delicious meal in one of its many restaurants. The Mongolian BBQ is one of the most popular dishes among western tourists. If you are daring then try some authentic local cuisine like teriyaki, tempura, oyster omelettes, octopus balls, frogs eggs or bean pancakes.
- Lungshan (DragonMountain) Temple, one of the most beautiful Temples in Taipei. Built in 1738 it has been destroyed and rebuilt several times.
- Confucius Temple.
- If you have an interest on medicine, you should visit PaoanTemple which is dedicated to the God of Medicine.
- For the lovers of nature and the outdoors there are the villages of Jioufen (once the centre of gold mining in Taiwan) and the Northeast coast National Scenic Area.
- If you have the time to take a day outside Taipei do not miss the Hot Springs, excellent for a relaxing day in its thermal baths, or even better, you can combine a countryside walk around the area with a therapeutic bath. There are several around Taipei to choose from, get well informed as the water in each spring varies in mineral content, temperature and therapeutic effect. No doubt, you will find one to suit your needs!
- If you are into traditional goods like Chinese herbal medicines and tea, Dihua Street, in the historic heart of Taipei, is like stepping back in time.
- For the jewellery lovers, Taipei boasts one of the world's largest jade markets, the Jianguo Weekend Jade Market, with an amazing selection of both antique and modern pieces.
Taipei Vacation Travel Guide one of The Hottest Destinations in Asia
More by this Author
Why are French men so irresistible. what makes French men so different to other Europeans or Americans?
Don't know why to visit Shanghai? Check here my top reasons of why I would like to visit Shanghai
Make a dramatic impression with these jeans that fit. Whether it is skinny, super chic, minimalistic or very ornate, here are some tips to find plus size jeans that fit and flatter your figure.