Taking advantage of free shuttle bus service in Las Vegas
Take a free shuttle bus and save a lot of money
If you're in Las Vegas, chances are you're looking to splurge a little, but that doesn't mean you need to waste money moving around in expensive taxis. There are only a handful of hotel and casino owners in Las Vegas, and they each own several different properties throughout the city. The thing is, they want people to stay on their properties, but people want to move around. For that reason, they set up shuttle bus services that move from one place to another place with the same owner. I'm going to tell you how to find these shuttle buses to move around Las Vegas without paying a dime.
Where are the shuttle buses in Las Vegas?
You can find a shuttle bus service operating between the following locations:
- Harrah's to Rio. This is one of the more popular shuttles. Board it from the back of Harrah's. There are other bus services back there, so make sure you find the right one. This shuttle runs between 10 in the morning and 1 in the morning, leaving about every 30 minutes.
- The Barbary Coast, Gold Cost, Orleans shuttle. This bus runs between 9:30 in the morning and midnight. It's found at the Flamingo Road side of Barbary Coast. Gold Coast is located right next to Rio, so you can go Barbary Coast to Gold Coast and then walk to Rio and take that shuttle to Harrah's, which is on the middle of the Strip.
- Sam's Town shuttle. Sam's Town is on Boulder Highway. The shuttle leaves from there every hour and goes to Fremont, Stardust, California, Bourbon Street, San Remo and finally Harrah's on the Strip. They claim they require a room key to ride the shuttle, but they don't ask for one. This shuttle can get you to nearly all the hot spots in town for free, and it runs 8 am thru 11:30 at night.
- The Hard Rock shuttle. This one is great because you don't have to be at a designated stop to get on, you can just flag down the driver. They go to the main stops on the Strip, including the Forum Shops and Fashion Show Mall across from Encore. It runs 10 in the morning through 7 at night.
- The Palms shuttle is a great shopping shuttle. It'll go to the Forum Shops at Caesar's, the Fashion Show Mall, and Aladdin Desert Passage shops before returning to The Palms. Departures every 90 minutes. The first bus leaves The Palms at 10.
- The Green Valley Ranch shuttle. No, it's not a salad dressing. It runs from McCarren Airport to Green Valley Ranch. Pick up is at the zero level across from stalls 21 and 22. Green Valley Ranch also offers a shuttle from their hotel to Mandalay Bay at the south end of the Strip.
- Free Trams: These aren't shuttle buses, but they'll still get you around for free. There is one from Excalibur to Mandalay Bay and back (no stop at Luxor) and another between Bellagio and Monte Carlo. Both run 24 hours a day.
More by this Author
The Reservoir Dogs defined "criminal cool" in the 1990's. Here's how you can make the perfect Reservoir Dogs costume -- it's way more than just a black suit and sunglasses.
Jules Winnfield and Vincent Vega weren't just cool criminals, they were also stylish dressers. Here are some tips for making the perfect Pulp Fiction costumes for Halloween -- or whenever.
A guide to putting together the best Droog costume for this Halloween, or for your next A Clockwork Orange theme party
No comments yet.