The 10 best beaches in Gran Canaria
Gran Canaria is a destination that attracts many tourists every year, and have done so for over 40 years now. The Canary Island has become a favorite of many, where the exellent climate take a large portion of the credit for. When we travel to the Canaries, a walk on the beach is mandatory, and here is a list of the 10 best beaches in Gran Canaria.
10. The dunes of Maspalomas are by most people either heard of or visited when they have been on holiday in Gran Canaria. Here you can walk up and down for hours, or just soak up the sun in the water.
9. La Garita is a small city between the airport and Las Palmas. The beach is no longer than 150 meters, but here it's full of life on weekends, often with live music.
8. The carribean beach, which many call the white sandy beach at Anfi del Mar is nice to look at, but can sometimes get crowded with people. Either way the beach is fantastic.
7. The beach at Salinetas does not have so many tourists, but lots of the habitants from Las Palmas travel here to relax on weekends. Many people have holiday homes here.
6. Melenara is next to Salinetas, and the beach is great with various restaurants and eateries. Both should be experienced on a Sunday, when it is full of people.
5. The Las Burras beach of San Agustin was one of the first who received the tourists on Gran Canaria. This is the favorite among the Swedish visitors to this holiday island.
4. Playa del Ingles is perhaps the beach in Gran Canaria that are the most familiar. You will find a wide range of water sports to shopping, bars and restaurants.
3. The Amadores beach has become the new favorite among many of the tourists that visit Gran Canaria. The sand here is white and it's not so crowded like the beach in Anfi del Mar.
2. Playa de Gui Gui is a hidden pearl of a beach on Gran Canaria. It is located on the west coast of the island and you need both a car and hiking boots to visit it, but one hour to walk to and from your car is fully worth the effort.
1. The city beach in Las Palmas is the obvious winner in this list. This three-mile beach can almost remind you of Copacabana, with all its crowds. Here you can sunbathe, swim and relax on one of the many sidewalk restaurants, and just look at people and enjoy life. Playa de las Canteras is at least my favorite!
No comments yet.