The Best Hair Salon/ Haircut in San Francisco
I can’t even begin to guess how many different hair salons there are in San Francisco. I know that there are at least a dozen within really short walking distance from my apartment. And I know that everyone has their own favorite place with their own favorite stylist and their own favorite services. But I’m fairly convinced that my place, Red Union Hair Salon, is really the best place of all.
What makes it the best?
Just a few of the things are:
· It’s a really comfortable, creative salon. There are multiple rooms in this salon and each one of this is comfortable and cozy. They’ve got modern artsy furniture and a cool stylish flair to the design. There’s a touch of feng shui that goes into the design and you can tell that because of the peacefulness of the place. The salon isn’t overdone; it’s just perfectly styled. You know when you go in here that you’re going to get a good haircut because you can see that the place itself has a great sense of style.
· The stylists are also stylish. There is nothing that makes me more uncomfortable in a hair salon than when the stylists are not very stylish. Primarily, of course, I want to see stylists with good hair. It just seems like a bad sign when the person doing your hair has bad hair themselves. The stylists at Red Union have good hair. They also have a good sense of personal style. That’s comforting. It says that they know how to look good … and therefore can help make you look good. And they do.
· It’s an art gallery. The walls of this salon are decorated with beautiful original artwork from local artists. The artists rotate every 6 weeks are so. There are opening receptions to introduce the work of new artists. That’s right; you can go party at the salon.
· It’s in a great location. It’s located right on Union Street. That’s close to great dining options and cool shopping choices. You can make a whole day of it when you go to get your hair done if that’s what you want.
· It’s an affordable salon. The prices at this salon are mid-range for the city and at the low end of what’s available compared to other salons on the same street. This doesn’t mean that quality is sacrificed in any way. It just means that they offer prices that are fair to both the stylists and the customer. That’s good business sense.
· They use high-quality products. The products that are offered here are wonderful hair products. They feel good. They’re good for your hair. They even smell good. It feels like you’re treating your hair right when these products are used on you.
· They offer a great range of services without trying to be trendy. One of the things that I really love about this salon is that they don’t just automatically jump on the latest trend that all of the salons are offering. Instead, they really research the different services and products that are available in the industry. They consider whether they would want to use these products on themselves. If they seem toxic or under par then the salon isn’t going to offer them. At the same time, they do offer all of the major services that you would want from a hair salon. And they’ll offer something trendy if they determine it is right for their customers. There’s some definite integrity to that.
So, that’s my two cents. What would you say is the best hair salon in San Francisco?
More by this Author
Hiking in the San Francisco Bay Area is amazing. Water flows along many of the area’s trails. Trees grow tall and lush. Views include the gorgeous San Francisco skyline and the Pacific Ocean.
This is the story of Chinese immigration to San Francisco and a haunted house in the city related to that history. San Francisco has a long and rich history related to Chinese immigration to America. There are many...
How can you tell if your mushrooms are turning bad? Find out the most common signs to look for before throwing them out.