The Best Places to Visit in Morehead, Kentucky
Morehead, Kentucky: More Culture, More Nature, More Than You Ever Imagined
If you are looking to take a vacation that breaks the mold, don't go to the beach or other "expected" locations. Hop on over to Morehead, Kentucky! Home to Morehead State University, this town is much more than just a college town. Morehead has loads to offer in the ways of art, culture, nature, and cuisine.
Places to Visit in Morehead, Kentucky
If you're looking for an outdoor adventure, then Morehead is the place for you. Whether you are looking to swim, boat, or hike, there is a place for everyone in this town. Some of the popular spots to "get your nature on" include:
- Lockegee Rock -- Only a few miles' drive from town, Lockegee Rock is located in the Daniel Boone National Forest alongside Cave Run Lake. Lockegee Rock is technically a small mountain, peaking at about 1,273 feet above sea-level. Easily accessible, this mountain offers a breathtaking view no matter what the season.
- Cave Run Lake -- Cave Run Lake is perfect for fishing, swimming, boating, hiking or camping. There are ample boat ramps and swimming spots, as well as campsites (including those with RV hook-ups.) Several cabin rental services are available in the area if you desire a secluded weekend getaway. You can learn more about these rentals at www.caverun.org.
- Kentucky Folk Art Center -- Featuring over 1,400 pieces of local art, the KFAC showcases the talents of the common man. Filled with whimsical pieces, the art located in this gallery is sure to have something interesting for everyone. Best of all, admission to the Folk Art Center is always free! Learn more about the Kentucky Folk Art Center here.
Would you consider visiting Morehead, Kentucky?See results without voting
Places to Eat in Morehead
Morehead has tons to offer in the cuisine department! There are many locally owned bakeries, cafes, and diners that are to die for.
Some of these include:
The Fuzzy Duck Coffee Shop
All Season's Cafe
Melini Cucina (Italian)
La Finca's (Mexican)
Pop's BBQ (A local favorite!)
The Twin Knobs Campground located in Cave Run Lake/ Daniel Boone National Forest
More by this Author
- 1Your Severe Morning Sickness During Pregnancy Could Actually be a Condition Called Hyperemesis Gravidarum
First off, every woman who has had the privilege of experiencing pregnancy knows that the term "morning sickness" is very misleading. It should be phased out and replaced with a more appropriate term such as...
- 13How I Just Knew I Was Pregnant Before Ever Taking a Test or Having a Missed Period, including round ligament pain
Expectant mother uses her sixth sense to diagnose pregnancy. Earliest pregnancy signs and symptoms.
- 0How you can have a forum post or whole thread written about you removed from Topix, remove bad posts
Although originally created for spreading legitimate news, having intelligent debates and advertising community happenings, Topix.com has become somewhat of a venue foe gossips to post their latest findings to a mass...
No comments yet.