The Wizarding World Of Harry Potter
Universal Studios Welcomes The Arrival
Visiting Orlando will never be the same again with Universal Studios' new arrival of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Opening June 18th, 2010, this magical theme park is based on the stories and characters based on J.K. Rowling. The familiar design will make fans feel as though they are right in the movie.
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter them park will be at the Islands of Adventure. It will contain rides, a restaurant and plenty of shops. Universal Studios worked very closely with Warner Brothers and J.K. Rowling to make sure that The Wizarding World of Harry Potter holds true to movies and books.
So what does this amazing theme park consist of?
Inside The Park
Entering Hogsmeade, an iconic whistle and billowing steam signals that the Hogwarts Express has arrived at Hogsmeade Station.
- Across from the station is a joke shop called Zonko's that carries jokes and tricks including Boxing Telescopes, Sneakoscopes and Extendable Ears.
- Next door to Zonko's is Honeydukes, selling fabulous treats like Bertie Bott's Every-flavor Beans and Chocolate Frogs.
- The Hog Head pub and the Three Broomsticks will offer British drinks and fare including Pumpkin Juice and Butterbeer.
- The Owlery is across from the Three Broomsticks where the owls roost, awaiting their next delivery.
- Ollivanders Wand Shop is a wonderful interactive experience. The wand will always choose its wizard here!!
- The Owl Post is where you send letters by using only a certified Hogsmeade postmark of course. They will be selling official stamps for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
- Completing Hogsmeade will be Dervish and Banges, the equipment and magical instruments shop that will feature Triwizard apparel, Quidditch equipment, Remembralls and Spectrespecs.
- The Dragon Challenge is the first attraction, featuring a high speed, twin roller coaster with iconic elements that are from the Triwizard Tournament.
- Flight of the Hippogriff is next. This is a family roller coaster that simulates the training flight of a Hippogriff over Hogwart's Castle and the surrounding grounds.
- Next to Hogwart's Castle is a state of the art attraction called Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey that brings the stories, characters and magic of Harry Potter to life.
- Before you exit out of Hogsmeade you must stop in Filch's Emporium of Confiscated Goods. It will be full of remote control Golden Snitches, Omnioculars, magical creatures and Ministry of Magic merchandise.
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is a wonderful way for fans to interact and enjoy Harry Potter. The park is guaranteed to be fun for children and adults. Whether you are a fan or not, you are sure to fall in love with The Wizarding World of Harry Potter!
The Wizarding World Of Harry Potter
Harry Potter Hats
Harry Potter Apparel
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Theme Park Map
Wizarding World of Harry Potter Superbowl Commercial
Buy Your Harry Potter Stuff Here!
- Hydra The Multi-headed, Serpent Dragon
As far back as I can remember I've had a bit of an obsession with mythology so I've decided to try to commit to writing a Hub everyday to share a little tidbit of information about random things I...
- Wyverns - Dragons or Dragonets?
The Wyvern comes from the word wivere that means worm or serpent. Although the Wyvern is a relative of the dragon, they are technically dragonets because they are smaller and pretty much look like an...
- How Crystals Are Formed
It is easier to simply believe that Mother Nature conceives and incubates the magically beautiful crystalline forms that are found in the Earth rather than to think about the intricate journey that every...
- Pixies - Good Or Evil
Pixies are whimsical creatures that were born into existence having no purpose at all. Most of their days are spent studying magic and they are thought of as living a quiet and peaceful life. These...
- My Top 100 Favorite Movie Lines
New Moon So, anyone that knows me, knows that I am a movie line guru. I am
More by this Author
Have you had a problem with eBay? Perhaps you are just tired of their high eBay fees! Are you a powerseller who is being penalized by unfair feedback? You should know that there are plenty of eBay alternatives!
Who were the Inca? Where did the Inca live? What were the Inca known for? Learn about Inca jewelry, masks, pyramids, warriors, temples and the coveted Inca Trail here.
Does your dog smell like a skunk? If your dog was sprayed by a skunk, learn how to get rid of the smell in a natural way here.