Things To Do in Clearwater Beach Florida
Top Vacation Destination
First thing to do once you arrive, is to walk along the beautiful white sand beaches of Clearwater Beach. The area has a three mile stretch of gorgeous, white sandy beaches on which to walk, stroll, swim and relax. The three mile beach is lined with a tropical atmosphere of palm trees, luxury resorts, hotels and condominiums. All of the beaches are public and can be accessed easily. Walking at dusk will give you the chance to experience their famous sunsets. There are many fun and exciting things to explore and do in this wonderful Florida beach vacation destination. If you have not experienced this FL paradise in a while, or not at all, then you owe it to yourself and family to take a trip. One nice benefit is that the Central West FL coastal area is in close proximity to other popular cities such as Tampa, and St. Petersburg.
Gulf of Mexico Sunset at Clearwater Beach, Florida
Things to do in Clearwater Beach
In addition to experiencing some excellent beaches and gulf waters, there are many activities, attractions and excursions to be enjoyed, which include shopping, fishing, golf, tennis, water skiing, parasailing, dining, eating great tasting seafood and more.
A few top picks:
• Captain Memo’s Pirate Cruise ( www.captainmemo.com ): The cruise has something for everyone, young or old. Sail away into the fantasy world of swashbucklers and pirates aboard the Pirate’s Ransom. A two hour cruise (727-446-2587).
• Clearwater Marine Aquarium: In addition to seeing many species of sea life, visitors can also see their star attraction, Winter the Dolphin.
• Pier 60 Fishing Pier: This is one of Clearwater's favorite fishing spots. It is also a great place for visitors just to walk along the pier and watch all of the fishing action along with the water birds looking for a handout. The pier is open 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. The Pier offers a bait house with gear rental and sales. No fishing license is required. Some of the fish species that the fishermen catch on a regular basis include grouper, snapper, snook, redfish, cobia and sea trout.
• Sunsets at Pier 60 - Daily Festival (www.sunsetsatpier60.com):
• Busch Gardens - Tampa: 3000 E. Busch Blvd, Tampa, FL 33674, 813-987-5987.
• Adventure Island Water Park: 10001 N. McKinley Drive, Tampa, FL 33612. The customer service phone number is 888-800-5447.
A Dolphin Called Winter
Another 'must do' attraction to enjoy during your stay is to see "Winter" the Dolphin, who resides at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium.
Clearwater Beach Chamber Tourism Video
The above video, produced by the Chamber of Commerce, showcases and highlights a large variety of activities, sports and excursions that visitors can experience.
Clearwater Beach Florida Beach Walk Video
Disclaimer: The content of this page is not affiliated with the company names or products discussed, listed, presented or shown. The information provided is for general information purposes only and without warranties of any kind. Company names and products shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Participate in our Poll:
Have you ever visited Clearwater Beach, FL?See results without voting
Clearwater Beach Chamber of Commerce Welcome Center
More by this Author
The EppiCard program is a convenient electronic payment system for receiving benefits under various state facilitated support programs. You utilize a debit card, that is pre-loaded with your monthly cash assistance, to...
Are you an employee of the Sears Holdings group and looking for HR information? This page provides an overview and summary of some of the employment resources that can be found on the company's official HR website at...
No comments yet.