Things to do in Belize City
Belize City attractions
Here are some of the things to do in Belize city including altun ha maya ruins, cave tubing, actun tunichil muknal, xunantunich, community baboon sanctuary, shark ray alley, bird sanctuary and Belize zoo. Belize city is the capital of nation Belize. It is located on the coast of caribbean at the mouth of the Belize river. Belize is one of the few remaining unspoiled places on earth - so beautiful with plenty of attractions for the whole family to enjoy.
1. Altun ha maya ruins:
1. Altun ha maya ruins: Altun ha maya ruins is made up of two central plazas in Belize city, Mexico. It contains some thirteen temples and residential structures. Plaza A is surrounded on all four sides by magnificent buildings. Plaza A is the site of a mysterious tomb discovered beneath one of the temples called temple of the green tomb. The temple was found to filled with jewelry, jade, flints and animal skin. Plaza B is surrounded by impressive buildings. One of the great feature is the temple of Masonry Altars. Masonry Altarsis Altun Ha's largest temple and is thought to be the focal point of the community's regional activities. Guides are available through private tours, and through the many cruise ship excursions in the area. Also there is a bus tour available offering a chance to spot crocodiles, iguanas and other wildlife on the way making it one of the fun things to do in Belize city.
2. Cave tubing:
Cave Tubing is one of the most exciting shore tours offered at the Port of Belize City. Cave tubing tour specialist offers the best cave tubing tour and high energy adrenaline pumping ATV jungle tour making it an exciting adventurous things to do in Belize city. You can purchase as single tour packages or together as a combo tour packages.A gentle 30 minute walk through the Belizean rainforest and dry caves is expected. Tubing through cave system should take approximately 1.5 hours. You can wear water shoes, sandals or tennis shoes. Do not forget to take towels, change of clothes and sunscreen lotion. All these things to be left at the guarded vans at the welcome center. Tour guides give information about the history of the caves and the tradition of the ancient Mayan people who used these systems.
3. Xunantunich: Xunantunich is a Mayan ruin in Belize city Mexico and one of the top attractions in Belize city. It is located just eight miles from the Guatemalan border. Xunantunich was a major ceremonialcenter during the classic period of Maya. Also it is home to 25 temples and palaces. The most striking feature of these mayan ruins is the 130 foot tall El castilo temple. El Castilo temple provide an amazing view of the Macal, Mopan and Belize river ruins. Xunantunich was the first Mayan site in Belize to be open to the public.
4. Actun tunichil muknal:
Actun tunichil muknal: Actun tunichil muknal otherwise known as the Cave of the Stone Sepulcher is one of the most impressive caves in the Maya Lowland. It is located in the heart of the Belizean Rainforest. The Actun Tunichil Muknal cave is a short 45-minute trek through the jungle in the Tapir Mountain Nature Reserve. Inside the cave you can see great collection of ceramic offerings, ceremonial sites and skeletons of sacrificial victims. The main feature is the crystal maiden. It is the skeleton of a woman covered with a geological sanded finish. Try totake hiking boots, heavy socks, cargo pants, bathing suits, tank tops and change of clothes.
5. Community baboon sanctuary: Community baboon sanctuary can be found on the banks of the olde Belize river and is only 26 miles from Belize city.You can enjoy exciting tours of the surrounding rainforest, river, and wildlife from natural walks to crocodile expeditions. You can see black howler monkey in baboon sanctuary. Black howler monkey is the largest monkey in America and is found in small sections of Central America.
6. Hol Chan and Shark ray alley: You can spend half day exploring the walled channel of Hol Chan Marine reserve. You will swim among corals, caves and fish. A favorite snorkeing area is known as shark ray alley. Here you can experience the thrill of snorkeling with nurse sharks and sting rays.
7. Belize city Zoo: The Belize zoo is surrounded by 29 acres of tropical savanna and exhibits of 125 animals, all native to Belize. You can see animals, birds and plants. It is a small zoo by U.S standards, but it is a great place to visit.
8.Birders and nature lovers: Belize is a birder's delight and is home to more than 500 different species from toucans to egrets. You can take a guided boat trip to caye bird sanctuary.
Altun ha maya ruins:
More by this Author
Hawaii welcomes you with the fresh & floral air which energizes you. The warm, tranquil waters will refresh you. The breathtaking, natural beauty will renew and recharge you tremendously.There’s no...
Leavenworth, 'Washington's Bavarian Village', is a popular destination for tourists and locals in Seattle area as there are plenty of fun summer activities in Leavenworth. It is located in the dramatic hills...
A simple way to solve the Nutribullet locking or jamming problem that lets the container jar latch again smoothly.