Tips for Newbies on Trekking and Mountain Climbing
Below are some most valuable tips for trekking and mountaineering newbies. These tips mentioned below put light on several aspects of mountain climbing and trekking including most essential trekking gear to be taken with you and some important steps to be taken by a trekker before planning for a trekking trip.
- Carry a windsheeter or a raincoat to avoid extreme climatic conditions.
- Carry a few plastic bags on your trip.
- Always carry a small hunting knife or an army knife.
- Don't ever lit fire when it is not necessary.
- To preventing insects and mosquito bites, always wear long trek pants and full sleeves T-shirts.
- Try always to leave a permanent mark on the places while trekking where you think the person following you can get lost.
- Carry a 50-meter long trekking rope with you.
- Carry a topographical compass and map for trekking in higher altitudes.
- Must remember to carry carbohydrate rich food products to get energy.
- Before planning your trekking trip, you should always go through the weather forecast very carefully. Also, don't forget to check temperatures (approximate) you will face while on a trekking trip. Also don't forget to buy a very good sleeping bag.
- Try to read information from guidebooks and communicate with the local people around your trekking spot.
- Always prepare a first-aid box for yourself and your team.
- If are planning to trek on a snowy terrain, don't forget to carry an ice ax with yourself. Also remember to never share your ice ax with anybody else during the trekking trip as your axe is very very important for your safety.
- If planning to discover an unknown area for trekking, inform the local tourist office about your planned trip before leaving.
- Always carry enough match boxes in water resistant bags (zip lock).
- Always buy at least two good pair of trekking shoes before the trip.
- Most important tip to remember is that you should save your environment by leaving no trace of garbage or trash, except your footprints in nature.
Above were a few mountain climbing and trekking tips for newbies. Least not last, you must never buy a sleeping bag without a install a cotton liner inside it. The inside cotton liner will not irritate your skin and will provide you comfort when you are sleeping. Also always prepare your trekking bag by laying clothes one on one. The most frequently used items must be kept on the top. Also, laying clothes on one another will make your bag as a thermos device which will keep you warm in extremely cold conditions on the mountains.
More resources from the net on trekking, hiking, mountain climbing, and rock climbing
- Trekking Tips for Nepal - Nepal Trekking and Mountaineering Tips - Safety Tips for Trekking in Nepal
Get to know about the trekking and mountaineering tips in Nepal. Nepal trekking tips page discusses safety tips for trekking and mountaineering in Nepal.
- Trekking Guide,Indian Mountain Trekking Tips,Himalayan Trekking Guide and Tips
Trekking Guide - Travel tour operators provide complete trekking precautionary guide and tips to enjoy your family vacations in a safe and better way in India. Get the best information about safety measures, accident prevention steps and do's and don
- Trekking tips - Around Bangalore - Scenic Splendours
More by this Author
If you love traveling by road and enjoying each and every bit of your travel, then the information I am going to share in this travel page will be beneficial for you. This information is for those who are planning to...
Worlds of Wonder, Noida is the best amusement park in Delhi NCR followed by Adventure Island, Rohini. It is commonly known as WOW Noida. It was around 7 months ago when we last visited Worlds of Wonder in Noida after...
Common questions about gear application on the Royal Enfield 350cc Standard Bike.