Tips for Traveling to Delhi - Visiting Historical Places of Delhi
Some attractive places to be visited in Delhi mostly comprising of historical monuments are India Gate, Old Fort, Red Fort, Rashtrapati Bhawan, Akshardham Temple, Lotus Temple, Qutab Minar, Jantar Mantar, National Museum, Bangla Sahib Gurudwara, Birla Mandir, Tomb of Ghiyasudin, Laxmi Narayan Temple, Tughlaqabad Fort, Alai Minar, Cathedral Church of Delhi, Roman Catholic Church in Delhi, George V Memorial, National Rail Museum, Doll’s Museum, Craft Museum, Hanuman Mandir, Connaught Place, Humayun’s Tomb plus many more local highlights.
Delhi is mysterious and enigmatic. It is full of
spirituality, patriotism, and history with roots in culture and tradition.
Delhi is the Capital of India, a city in the north center of the country. This
is a city rich in history with only 1483 km2 of area but an estimated
population of 18 million people currently that is estimated to grow to
approximately 19 million by 2011. Delhi is a live example of extraordinary
architecture and serves the best cuisines. Delhi had several encounters with
history and had been a capital of various empires in the past centuries; the
ruins and memorials of these empires in the forms of historical places,
religious temples, tombs, and mosques have become the heritage of Delhi.
There is so much to see in Delhi but all trips must be prepared in advance with great detail so that the experience of visiting Delhi becomes wonderful and lively, so in order to make your trip to Delhi a pleasant one, you need to read and follow some tips for traveling to Delhi listed below:
- Must know in advance that India is one of the most populous countries in the world with population of approximately 1,139,964,932 people in 2008. These figures and the number of people in the streets surprises a lot of tourists, but one should feel comfortable, as delhites are friendly and helpful.
- Weather in Delhi is a monsoon climate, which is very common in South East Asia, the summer is very humid, and the months of July, August, and September are rainy. The winter season starts from November and ends in February and the rest of the year remains warm.
- If you want to travel with a guided tour service, you must hire one with good repute and trust. Also, you must pay proper attention to the instructions and advice of your guide.
- You must carry a map of Delhi in your language because Delhi is a city with many small twists and turns and sometimes you can get lost.
- You must remember that the official currency of India is INR or rupee, so when you reach Delhi, go ahead and convert your currency into rupees, as several small shops and restaurants do not accept dollars and euros, though you will find no problems at all with use of credit cards in three star or five star hotels, some famous restaurants, or in cinemas of Delhi. But if you are looking ahead to buy handicraft items or grocery items in Delhi from small shops near to your hotel, then you must have the local currency of this city.
- You should also keep a note that delhites are rooted in their religious customs and you must follow exactly the directions when you enter a temple, mosque, church, or gurudwara here.
At last, I would say that you must prepare yourself in advance before visiting Delhi if you are not used to seeing thousands of people walking on roads and streets. I am sure will be surprised to see the traffic chaos and bustles of the busiest city in India. But besides these things, Delhi is a great place to visit due to its special history, tradition, values, and culture. I guarantee that after coming to my ancestral land, Delhi, you will breathe in the mysticism and charm and will not regret visiting and spending your precious vacation in Delhi.
I hope I am able to provide you some useful tips for traveling to Delhi.
More by this Author
Chilling winter or hot summer, Manali has long remained one of the most adorable hill stations in India. Manali is not like Shimla, it is not like Mussoorie or Nainital. It is different. Let us find.
There are hundreds of nightclubs, resto bars, dance bars, night bars, and lounges in Delhi that are used as college hangouts but when it comes to spending your money and enjoying the whole night dancing and making fun...
If you want to experience ultimate thrill, adventure, and a day full of excitement and fun, then Adventure Island, Rohini, is the best place in Delhi.