Tips for Using a Taxi Service in Poland
Whether you're planning a business trip to Poland or you're mapping out a vacation route, knowing how to get from point A to point B in Poland is crucial to a successful trip. While there are a number of ways you can choose to commute around this large country, using a taxi service is one of the most popular. It is also one of the safest and most fail-safe options when you really do not know where you are going.
Some Necessary Things to Remember
When using a taxi service in Poland it's important to remember a few things.
- For starters, be sure the taxi driver engages the meter. They should do it on their own, but it's better to watch and make sure they do.
- You should also make sure they give you a receipt for the cost of using the taxi service. Poland requires that all taxi drivers issue a receipt to their fares so if they tell you they can't you should use a different taxi.
- Also, avoid travelling around via a taxi service with large denominations of money on hand. This is because if you pay for the ride with a large bill, and the taxi drivers tells you that they have no change, you could be forced to give them a larger tip than you intended on giving them.
- Tipping a taxi driver in Poland is an accepted practice so if the service you received was good, feel free to tip them.
From the Airport
One of the first things you'll want to use a taxi for is for an airport transfer to your hotel. Finding your way anywhere in a place you've never visited before can be confusing and even intimidating. A taxi service is the ultimate solution to ensure you get around without wasting precious vacation or business time. A taxi can take you directly from the airport to your accommodations with no hassle at all. Following are some tips for accessing a taxi service.
- When you land, you can hail a taxi, and they'll take you to your hotel.
- A better option is for you to arrange service ahead of time; request that the airport you're using pre-arrange a taxi to pick you up and take you to your hotel.
- If you so desire, you can prearrange a taxi ride via the internet as well.
For more information on Taxi Services in Poland visit
- Taxi Service Poland
Taxi Service Poland is a blog about helping tourists to get around Poland
This hub brought to you....
by Julie-Ann Amos, professional writer, and owner of international writing agency www.ExquisiteWriting.com
Why not create your own HubPages? It's fun and you can make revenue from Adsense and other revenue streams on your pages. JOIN HUBPAGES NOW - SIMPLY CLICK HERE...
This work is licenced under the Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. To view a copy of this licence, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/ or send a letter to CreativeCommons, 171 Second Street, Suite 300, San Francisco, California94105, USA.
More by this Author
Popular Pubic Hair Styles as a hub went only so far... it focussed on the Ladygardeners among us. BUT... "A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do," they say – and that used to be a simple motto to...
The ancient Forest of Dean has literally been around for thousands of years. It is known that people exploited the oak trees in the area as long ago as 2000 years. Since then, the forest has been subject to a number of...
Jamie Oliver – also known as the ‘Naked Chef’, Jamie Oliver is a very popular television celebrity known for cooking and absolutely nothing with being nude. He didn’t even agree with the title of...
No comments yet.
Additionally, be sure the taxi you are getting into is clearly marked with a phone number on the side of the taxi or on the top of it. This will help to ensure that you're using a legitimate service.
There are also late-night surcharges for taxi service in Poland. From the hours of 11 pm through 5 am you will be charged a surcharge if you travel by taxi. This surcharge also applies to out of town travel and weekend travel.
Whether your itinerary includes a trip to the Oliwa Cathedral, the Great Crane or one of the stunning museums in Poland, using a taxi service to get you around is an easy and safe way of traveling as long as you know what to expect and follow the customs of the country.