Piney Point, Texas - The Wealthiest Suburb of Houston Increased Jobs 50%
The Striking West Houston Arts Scene
Life In West Houston
Piney Point (or Pointe in some publications) is the wealthiest suburb of Houston and according to the official city website, in all of Texas.
Lying between an Outer Belt highway that is I-10 and an Inner Belt highway that combines State Route 90 and I-610, The long-named City of Piney Point Village also appears in the middle of the list of BusinessWeek's 25 Wealthiest Towns in America.
Piney Point is the recipient of the Growth Award from the Tree City program in America. The community, one of a group of six called "Memorial Villages" is located in one of the nation's metro areas not harmed as much as others by the Recession of 2008 - 2010. In fact, much of Texas continued to increase in job listings and business growth 0throughout and after these years.
While the city experiences a cost of living index over twice that of the nation, housing options in for-sale real estate run a range from very low to extremely high in April 2011 (discussed below). This makes home ownership open to a greater number of income ranges than one might expect in the Houston area.
Regardless of real estate values, a wealth of job opportunities appear in this area of western Houston and all through the meto area that includes Houston and Sugar Land and suburbs. Friends living there report to me yearly how hot the summer weather is, but jobs and attractions make one forget the heat, especially in the air conditioning. To reduce related costs, solar power should be a top priority in this area, but sustainability has become increasingly important, if not prime, to business and life here.
Piney Point Area Of Texas
- Allaso Ranch
- George Bush Park
- Houston - Reaching for the Moon.
- Memorial Park Conservancy
Memorial Park Conservancys staff, members and volunteers work to protect and enhance the City of Houstons largest urban park. As the leading partner among the Houston Parks and Recreation Department, Houston Parks Board and the Conservancy, MPC ens
- Memorial Park Golf Course
- Strake Jesuit Air Museum - Strake Jesuit College Preparatory
- Weird Attractions in Houston on Citysearch
Search Editors' Picks on Citysearch. Why should Austin get all the credit for being a city with intriguing attractions? Houston can be as weird as the rest of them. We've got bats, Hippo-potomobiles and batty old dudes with art projects. Take a tour
- Top 10 Jobs in Missouri City, Texas
Located off Highway 6 between Missouri City and Sugar Land...
- Top 20 Hot Jobs Near Austin and Houston
Approximately 20 miles from Austin, Round Rock has a population of about 97,000 people in 2009.
A View in Piney Point
Local Area Wealth
The US Census showed approximately 3,500 residents in Piney Point for 2010 in 1,270 households.
- Average Income in 2009 = $313,097 (17% increase from 2000 - 2009, see next entry)
- Average Income 10 years previously: $219,870
- Average Net Worth in 2009 = $1,611,857
Calculation of housing values and related data from Zillow, Tulia, and Sperling's online for Piney Point & western Houston:
- Most of the homes in Piney Pointe were built from 1950 - 1979.
- Range of Sale Prices April 2011: $40,000 to $10,000,000. This included 414 homes, with 168 at $1 Million sale price or over. Oddly, two homes were for sale for under $1,000 in special circumstances. Three were in foreclosure and up for auction.
- Median Home Sale Price April 2011: $1,495,000
- Median Overall Home Value 2010: $955,650
Local Jobs Market - Increase Of 50%
I conducted a sample Job Search Snapshot across all Internet sources; I used a distance of a 15-mile radius from the center of Hunters Creek Village, about midway between Piney Point and Houston, in order to gauge an accurate reading around Piney Point. This resulted in over 94,000 job vacancies in early 2013, up from 63,000 job openings listed during April 2011.Jobs increaased 50% in 10 months. The increase is also in higher-paying jobs.
Additional jobs are located in the eastern and northern portions of Houston, not a far distance to commute.
Top Hiring Companies
- Memorial Hermann Healthcare
- Hewlett Packard
- Park Plaza Hospital
- Cypress Fairbanks Med Center
- Kelly Services - Staffing agency
- Methodist Hospital
- Kelly Scientific Division - Staffing agency
- Robert Half Finance & Accounting
- Kforce Professional Staffing, Inc.
- GE Energy
- St. Luke's Episcopal Health
- Progressive Recruitment
- HCA Healthcare
Top 10 High Demand Jobs
- Project Mangers in IT
- Nurse Practioners (NPs) and other Licensed Healthcare Providers
- Engineers, various industries
- Physical Therapists
- Financial Analysts
- Administrative Assistants
- General and Assistant Managers
- Account Managers
- Business Analysts
Additional often-listed job titles:
- Project Engineers - IT
- Sales Representatives
American Wealth/Global Market
Local Higher Education and Training
- Baptist University, Houston
- Houston Community College System
- Rice University
- San Jacinto College @ North Campus
- University of Texas Health Science Center - Medical and Allied Health training
- University of St. Thomas
- University of Houston @ Downtown
More by this Author
A variety of highly paid jobs are available in the Austin area, particularly involving Energy, Engineering, Healthcare, and Information Technology. Still growing in population, new businesses find incentives to come to...
If you need a job, you can probably find one in Texas! Perhaps you're unemployed at 55+, a Veteran or widowed and never worked. Texas has agencies funded to help you find new employment fast.
After writing resumes, cover letters, and job applications, candidates hope to interview well, impress the hiring officer, and secure the job. Here's what to avoid saying during the interview.