Top 10 Los Angeles Hot Spots
My favorite Los Angeles spots...
1. Venice Beach: The Venice boardwalk is always full of interesting surprises. In addition to the dozens of restaurants and shops that line the beach, there’s always the collection of live bands, dancers and artists to entertain you all day long. My personal favorite spot is the Sidewalk Café, with a menu that ranges from all-day breakfast to jalapeno/avocado burgers and a delicious drink menu that includes margarita pitchers.
(Also, a few miles down from Venice is the Santa Monica pier, a quieter beach with a built-in year-round amusement park. It’s also a block away from the 3rd street Promenade, my favorite place for outdoor shopping.)
2. The Ivy. One of my favorite restaurants in Beverly Hills. Cozy living room feel, great Italian food, and lots of fun fruity champagne drinks.
3. Aroma Café: The Aroma Cafe has two locations, one in Encino and one on Sunset Boulevard in West Hollywood, with a twenty-page menu that is to die for.
4. The Standard Hotel: Not to be confused with the Sunset Boulevard location, the Standard Hotel in downtown L.A. has a heated rooftop pool with outdoor waterbeds and a bar. http://www.standardhotels.com/los-angeles/
5. Rosenthal Winery: This one is actually a bit outside of the L.A. outskirts in Malibu. The tasting room is on the Pacific Coast Highway, where you can pay $15 for an 8-wine tasting, but the real fun is at the Rosenthal Winery Estate. Located a few miles from the tasting room, Rosenthal holds monthly wine events at the Estate, with a beautiful pool, live music, and all the wine you can drink, with a gorgeous view of the vineyard. http://www.rosenthalestatewines.com/
6. Skybar: Outdoor bar at the Mondrian Hotel on Sunset with an unreal view of the city.
7. Swingers Diner: This rock and roll diner is on Beverly Blvd, open late-night, and their cupcakes are out of this world. Also vegan-friendly for the animal lovers. www.swingersdiner.com
8. Drais: Rooftop club at the W Hotel in WeHo. Poolside cabanas = awesome.
9. Cat and the Fiddle: Little outdoor bar on Sunset with Christmas lights, heat lamps and lavender champagne drinks.
10. Gold Class Cinemas: This hidden gem is in Pasadena, a high-class movie cinema with suede reclining chairs, a lounge and full bar, and you can also dine and drink while watching the film, including full waitress and bartending service. www.goldclasscinemas.com
(Also, be sure to check out the Holistic Institute in Studio City, where they offer one-hour massages for $20. You can’t beat that. www.nhi.edu/ And, if you like rock and roll and good pizza, be sure to check out the Rainbow Bar and Grill on Sunset!)
More by this Author
"Livin' on a Prayer" by Bon Jovi (1986) "Pour Some Sugar On Me" by Def Leppard (1987) "Hungry Like the Wolf" by Duran Duran (1982) "Billie Jean" by Michael Jackson (1982) ...
The Rainbow is, by far, my favorite rock and roll bar in all of Hollywood. Located in the heart of the Sunset Strip (and right next door to The Roxy), The Rainbow is lined with red leather booths, rock posters, and...
VH1's 100 Greatest Songs of the 90's... the list... Nirvana - "Smells Like Teen Spirit" (1991, #6 US) U2 - "One" (1991, #10 US) Backstreet Boys - "I Want It That Way" (1999, #6 US) Whitney Houston - "I Will...