Victoria BC : Top 10 Places to See
Gardens are Beautiful and Everywhere
the Garden City
Victoria British Columbia is a beautiful place, a little piece of paradise on an island off the west coast of Canada. The weather is mild all year long with temperatures not dropping below 0F and it rarely snows. Flowers start poking their heads out late January and the sun shines a little almost everyday, even in the rainy season.
There are lots of places to check out, including the inner harbour, which is a great place to go for a stroll, sit back and relax while watching the tourists, artists, boaters and whale watchers all buzzing about.
I've put together a list of good spots to check out. There are more of course and as you wonder from one place to the other you'll find lots of gems on the way to distract you! If you like the water take a water taxi or go kayaking right in the harbour.
If you like shopping the downtown core is filled with eclectic shops or find first nations artists selling their wares around the inner harbour. There are festivals and free or affordable entertainment and activities all year round.
If the weather is good and you feel adventurous, rent a scooter and take a tour or rent a bike and follow the miles of bike paths that take you around the city and throughout the entire region
There are lots of good restaurants throughout the city, Victoria has some fine chefs who focus on healthy, local and organic fair so an excellent variety to choose from.
If you visit have fun and enjoy all that Victoria has to offer especially my top ten ...
- Victoria | Tourism BC - Official Site
An overview of Victoria on Vancouver Island in British Columbia, Canada. Highlights include the Butchart Gardens, whale watching, afternoon tea, Chinatown and the Royal British Columbia Museum.
Chinatown and the Harbour
10) Beacon Hill Park with it's Heron nests', beautiful trees, flowers, petting zoo, duck ponds, water parks and putting green it's a wonderful place to spend time wondering around the various paths
9) Oak Bay a beautiful section of town that has great shops, restaurants and lots of character.
7) Whales if you have never been and you're in Victoria at the right time of year, a treat you won't want to miss is whale watching, it's an experience you won't forget.
6) Legislative Assembly Buildings tour located in the heart of the inner harbor, the tours are free and is well worth the time if you like art, architecture or history.
5) The Empress stop by the Bengal Room for a drink is what I recommend, or just take the time to wonder around this incredible hotel from way back when ...
4) Chinatown the third in North America it's a fun place to wander around and shop in alleys!
3) Government House open one day a year to the public, New Year's Day, the grounds are open to the public all year round. The grounds are beautifully kept by the volunteers of Government House with great pride.
1) Butchart Gardens even though not technically in Victoria, the gardens receive visitors from around the world year round. The gardens are constantly changing as well so no season is the same as the previous years display.
© 2012 eye say
Is Victoria BC a place you'd like to visit?See results without voting
More by this Author
Love songs say "I Love You" in a special way; here's a list of songs with links, to help you express and say those three little words and share them easily
Cysts are a very popular medical problem, here's an article featuring what my cyst looked like on the outside and inside!
After a perforated bowel, 15 + obstructions, several surgeries and complications, it's time to share what I've learned. Yes I am now bowel obsessed.