Top 10 Things to do in San Francisco
Extraordinary city San Francisco is one of the cosmopolitan gems of the world and has plenty of great fun things to do in San Francisco. The city offers travelers sophistication, history, and culture. The city of San Francisco offers a nearly endless list of attractions. San Francisco offers terrific adventures for kids and fun for the whole family. You can visit museums like the exploratorium and the aquarium at the Bay on fisherman’s wharf. Here is my list of the top 10 things to do in San Francisco that includes the art museums, alcatraz and the golden gate bridge.
Top 10 Things to do in San Francisco:
Things to do in SFO
1. Alcatraz island: Alcatraz isalnd is one of the popular tourist attraction in San Francisco thus making it into the top 10 things to do in San Francisco. Alcatraz is a small island located in the middle of San Francisco bay in California, United States. It served as a lighthouse, military fortification, military prison followed by a federal prison until 1963. It became a national recreation area in 1972. The only way to get to alcatraz island is by ferry boat from fisherman’s wharf.
Besides the places of historical importance, the island also has lots for nature lovers. There are gardens, pools, bays and a range of wildlife. You can find some really unique species of birds at the island like the Western gull, and black oystercatcher.
2. San Francisco duck tour: Ride the ducks is a great way for your family to spend time together to see the sights. The duck tour is a 80 minute ambitious tour of the city. This tour combines fun and music with history and sights.
3. Exploratorium: Exploratorium is a science museum in San Francisco. The exploratorium has of hundreds of science, art, and human perception exhibits. Exploratorium is fun for children and preschoolers and is one of the top 10 things to do in San Francisco.
4. Segway tour: Segway tour is a great way to appreciate the beauty of the city. The world's first and only self-balancing electric transport mechanism. Segway tour is fun for individuals, and families. Segway tours takes about two hours.
5. Golden gate bride: Another top 10 things to do in San Francisco is the golden gate bridge. The golden gate bridge connects San Francisco with marin county. The best way to go to the golden gate bridge from downtown is by walking through the presidio park along the Bay. There is also a bus which takes you right near the bridge.
6. Urban safari: The urban safari is a 4 hour ride that allows you to see the city through the most native way possible.
7. Aquarium of the bay: Aquarium gives visitors to see over 20,000 marine animals. You can walk through crystal clear tunnels surrounded by sharks, shellfish, octopus and thousands of marine animals. Aquarium is fun for all ages.
8. Themeparks: San Francisco offers three theme parks. Six flags discovery kingdom, bonfante gardens and paramount's great america.
9. Union street: Union street is a shopping and dining destination. You can find clothing boutiques, coffee houses, art galleries, restaurants, and bars.
10. Beaches: San Francisco has its fair share of beaches. Beaches has plenty of picnic tables, grills and restrooms.
Segway tour, San Francisco
- Places to see in Kodaikanal
- Best Water Parks in Ohio
Some of the best water parks in Ohio include castaway bay water park, coney island, coco key water resort, great wolf lodge, fort rapids, kalahari resort and zoombezi bay water park. Castaway bay water park,...
- Best Honeymoon Destinations in USA
USA offers some of the best honeymoon hotspots for newly wed couples from ...
- Top Things to do in Atlantic City
Atlantic City, New Jersey is one of the most exciting cities on the eastern seaboard...
- Free Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Boston
- Top Places to Visit in Dallas
- Top things to do in Chicago
More by this Author
Here are some of the best water parks in New Jersey including Land of make believe, mountain creek, splash world, hurricane harbor, pirate cove, sahara sams, runaway rapids, coco key water resort, splashin speedway,...
Traverse city is proud to be America's cherry capital. It celebrates that heritage every year during the week of july with an eight day party featuring over 150 family activities including fireworks, air shows, games,...
A simple way to solve the Nutribullet locking or jamming problem that lets the container jar latch again smoothly.