Top 10 Travel Safety Tips
Traveling the world in 80 days? Well even if you were not that's ok but all these tips can be used for most everywhere. I can't count how many times while traveling, when I had packed too much stuff! I finally got smart and now I am here to share with you my travel tips. I have been an avid traveler since I was in my 20's and now 45, I have been to several countries and most all of the United States. Most of my friends and family have been in the military and also stewardess friends have given me hints and tricks over the years :) So here you go, the top 10 travel tips for travel savvy folks like us!
- Put some fake credit cards in a wallet in your back pocket or jacket pocket to hand a thief.
- Don't carry your real wallet in your back pocket put it in the front one.
- Do not over pack those extra outfits you won't wear, rule of thumb is if you don't feel comfortable in it at home trying it on, you probably will throw it back in your bag, and not wear it on vacation.
- Learn the local language, basic terms like, thank you, please and where is the bathroom. Take a look at maps and terrain beforehand. Know the exchange rates for the countries you are going to so you don't get ripped off. We walked all over Oahu and I got us home after the bar because, I memorized my street and area to get to the hotel.
- Bring your unlocked phone and laptop.
- I always just bring a carry on bag and a big purse. No checked baggage, my stuff never gets lost!
- Always take a metered taxi or legal taxi in Africa
- Scan and email a passport to yourself just in case or keep it all on a USB.
- Bring a small first aid kit, I keep dramamine, anti diarrhea and ibuprofen with mine at all times.
- Get the international customer service number for your credit card company.
Fun travel links
- Top Ten Things to do and see in Paris
- World Tourism rankings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- 25 World's Best Places to Visit | U.S. News Travel
We rank the 25 World's Best Places to Visit. See which places our readers like the best, and vote for your favorites.
- Welcome to Couchsurfing! - Couchsurfing
Travel and meet new people and couch surf!
WHERE DO YOU WANT TO GO?
What popular destination would you like to travel to?See results without voting
More by this Author
are you sad? , I am sad, The teardrop poems ,
top ten places to go this summer, summer fun in water parks and other places, summer ,vacation and travel ideas for the summer, where to go this summer,
influential women in America , tops ten influential women American history , born before 1930, famous women in history presidents wives , Annie Oakley