Top Things to do in Atlantic City
Atlantic City Attractions
Atlantic City, New Jersey is one of the most exciting cities on the eastern seaboard. There is plenty to do in Atlantic City including great restaurants, shows, and casinos. The nightlife in Atlantic City is so exciting that people come from all over, even from New York City, to have a good time. Some of the best attractions and top things to do in Atlantic City include absecon lighthouse, boardwalk, steel pier, and ripleys believe it or not museum. .
Top Things to do in Atlantic City
1. Absecon lighthouse: Absecon lighthouse is opened in 1857 and is the tallest lighthouse in Atlantic City, New Jersey. The lighthouse is made of granite blocks, brick and iron. It is the only New Jersey lighthouse to keep its first order fresnel lens making it visible from 19 miles out to sea.
2. Steel pier amusement park: Steel pier is located across from the taj mahal on the boardwalk at virginia Avenue in Atlantic City, NJ. Steel pier has 24 rides, games and prize wheels. The amusement park has a giant slide, a kiddy coaster, a rock-climbing wall, bumper cars, dragon jets, mini rocket and a soft play area for the little ones. This famous amusement park by the sea is one of America's landmarks.
3. Board walk: The Boardwalk is the most famous and popular attraction in Atlantic City. The 4.5 mile boardwalk is lined with 12 casinos, hotels, restaurants and shops. You can walk, bike, or ride in a legendary rolling chair to explore the attractions of the boardwalk. Boardwalk is one of the popular attraction in Atlantic City.
4.Ripleys believe it or not museum: Atlantic City's ripley's believe it or not museum is located on the boardwalk at new york avenue and is open year-round. You can see amazing exhibits, including the Jersey devil skeleton, world's tallest man, a real shrunken head, rare dinosaur fossils and roulette table made of jelly beans.
5. Ocean life center: Ocean life center is located in Atlantic City’s historic gardners basin at the new hampshire avenue and the bay. Aquarium houses 29, 800 gallons of live exhibits with a total number of more than 100 varieties of fish including sea bass, sand tiger sharks, northern stingray, bluefish, and kingfish.
6. Lucy the elephant: Lucy the elephant is an enormous building built in the shape of a giant elephant. View artifacts from margate and the southern New Jersey area as you walk through this restored historical landmark.
7. Atlantic city county park: This 1,672-acre park has playgrounds, picnic areas, fishing, camping, bike trails, and year-round hiking.
8. Watershow: There is a water show at the end of the pier shops, with dazzling illuminated water effects.
9. Atlantic City beaches: This natural beauty is something many people forget about when they think about Atlantic City. The beach has plenty of picnic tables, and grills. You can go for a walk or relax on the beach.
10. Shopping: You can spend one day at ocean one. It is a outdoor walking mall.
Aquarium - things to do in Atlantic City
- Best Indian Restaurants in New York City
There are hundreds of Indian restaurants in New York City that might overwhelm you if you want to select one for...
- Things to do in Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh attractionsPittsburgh is located in southwestern Pennsylvania. Pittsburgh is home to museums, arts, sports, shops, festivals, events, parks and tours. Some of the main attractions in Pittsburgh...
- Things to do in Oklahoma city
Some of the things to do in Oklahoma city include bricktown, whitewater bay water park, zoo, Oklahoma state fair, museums and stockyards. Oklahoma City is the largest city and state capital of Oklahoma....
- Top 10 Things to do in Toronto
Toronto attractions Toronto is Canada's largest city and is situated on the north shore of lake Ontario. Toronto has a number of live entertainment venues, art galleries, annual cultural events, sports,...
- Things to do in Cincinnati
Cincinnati attractions Cincinnati is Ohios second largest metro area and located in the southwest region of Ohio. Here you can find number of interesting festivals including Cincinnati wine festivals,...
- Ocean Beach aka Dog Beach
Ocean Beach also known as Dog Beach is a cozy little beach with a small town feel in...
- Top Things to do in Minneapolis
Minneapolis is home to numerous parks and lakes, all interconnected by...
- Things to do in Niagara Falls
Niagara falls is one of the great natural wonders of the world. Some of the main attractions include...
- Natural Attractions in and around Las Vegas
Great natural attractions like Grand Canyon, Lake Mead and Red Rock Canyon are found within...
- Things to do in Las Vegas with kids
Las Vegas is not just for adults and it offers a lot for family and kids as well. There are plenty of fun things...
- Top Places to Visit in San Antonio - Part II
- Top Things to do in New York City
New York city is the most exciting place on earth rich with...
More by this Author
Here are some of the best water parks in New Jersey including Land of make believe, mountain creek, splash world, hurricane harbor, pirate cove, sahara sams, runaway rapids, coco key water resort, splashin speedway,...
Traverse city is proud to be America's cherry capital. It celebrates that heritage every year during the week of july with an eight day party featuring over 150 family activities including fireworks, air shows, games,...
A simple way to solve the Nutribullet locking or jamming problem that lets the container jar latch again smoothly.