Top Things to do in New York City
New York city is the most exciting place on earth. New York city is rich with history, cultural activities and events. New York is used in movies all the time to makes the scenes more attractive. There are many attractions to see and things to do in New York city. Enjoy everything from times square to statue of liberty, empire state building, broadway shows, central park, and museums. Here are some of the top things to do in New York City.
Top Things to do in New York City
1. The statue of liberty: The statue of liberty is one of the popular tourist attraction in New York city and stands on liberty island south of manhattan. The statue of liberty was a gift of friendship from the people of France to the people of United States and is a universal symbol of freedom and democracy. To get there you have to take a ferry from battery park on the southern tip of manhattan island. The ferry leave approximately every half-hour, and trip time is about 25 minutes.
2. Times square: Time square is famous for the yearly new year’s eve celebration where a million people come to celebrate and watch the ball drop every year. Times square is located at the intersection of broadway and 7th Avenue, and stretches from west 42nd to west 47th streets. Times square is home to shops, restaurants, hotels and the theater district.
3. Empire state building: The empire state building is one of the world’s most recognizable skyscrapers. Empire state building is one of the popular attraction in New York city. There are two observatories, one is on the 86th floor, where you can see a breath-taking 360-degree view of the city. There is also a much smaller observation deck on the 102nd floor.
4. Central park: Central Park is an eclectic array of serenity and liveliness surrounded by crisp natural beauty. The park offers a number of activities which includes plays, attractions, and events. Attractions include tennis, basketball, and volleyball courts, an ice skating rink which doubles as a swimming pool in the summertime. Stroll through the park’s scenic landscape and stop by to visit the central park zoo and strawberry fields.
5. Broadway shows: Seeing a show on broadway and going to the theater is one of the top things to do in new york city. Most of the theaters are actually on the streets just off broadway through the times square area. You can see the popular broadway shows such as the lion king, wicked, phantom of the opera and hairspray.
6. The bronx zoo: Bronx zoo is the largest metropolitan animal park in the United States, with over 5000 animals of more than 700 species. The zoo comprises a jungle world, indoor recreation of Asian forests with birds and leopards, and the monorail which takes you on a narrated ride high above siberian tigers, Asian elephants, Indian rhinoceroses.
7. Metropolitan museum of art: The metropolitan museum of art is one of the biggest and impressive museum in the world. From ancient to modern art, there are exhibitions from all over the world.
8. Brooklyn Bridge: You can take a walking tour of the brooklyn bridge, which stretches nearly 6,000 feet across the east river and connects manhattan and brooklyn. Brooklyn bridge is one of the oldest suspension bridges in the United States.
9. Shopping: Walk along 5th avenue you can find anything and everything in the many stores throughout the city. 5Th avenue is lined with boutiques New York city's high-end specialty retailers.
Empire state building
- Best Water Parks in New Jersey
- Best Museums in Sweden
Sweden has some of the finest and elaborate museums in the world as there are more...
- Things to do in Newport Beach
Newport beach attractions Some of the things to do in Newport beach include balboa island ferry, balboa fun zone, catalina island, newport harbor, balboa pavilion, upper newport bay, crystal cove beach,...
- Best Beaches in San Francisco
San Francisco beachesSome of the best beaches in San Francisco include ocean beach, baker beach, east beach, aquatic park beach, and rodeo beach. San Francisco is situated in California and is one of the most...
- Things to do in Kentucky
Kentucky attractions Some of the things to do in Kentucky include mammoth cave national park, cumberland falls, dinosaur world, Louisville zoo, Kentucky action park, beach bend amusement park and Kentucky...
- Things to do in Oklahoma city
Some of the things to do in Oklahoma city include bricktown, whitewater bay water park, zoo, Oklahoma state fair, museums and stockyards. Oklahoma City is the largest city and state capital of Oklahoma....
- Things to do in Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh attractionsPittsburgh is located in southwestern Pennsylvania. Pittsburgh is home to museums, arts, sports, shops, festivals, events, parks and tours. Some of the main attractions in Pittsburgh...
- Things to do in Niagara Falls
Niagara falls is one of the great natural wonders of the world. Niagara Falls is located about 15 miles north of buffalo, New York, 150 miles south of toronto, Canada. Some of the main attractions include...
- Top Things to do in Atlantic City
Atlantic City, New Jersey is one of the most exciting cities on the eastern seaboard. There is plenty to do in Atlantic City including great restaurants, shows, and casinos. The nightlife in Atlantic City is...
- Things to do in Boston
- Top Places to Visit in San Antonio - Part II
- Top 10 Things to do in San Francisco
- Things to do in Las Vegas with kids
More by this Author
North carolina invites visitors to enjoy the state’s natural beauty, sports, adventure, arts, culture and history. Ride horses and whitewater raft in the appalachian countryside in the north carolina mountains....
Traverse city is proud to be America's cherry capital. It celebrates that heritage every year during the week of july with an eight day party featuring over 150 family activities including fireworks, air shows, games,...
A simple way to solve the Nutribullet locking or jamming problem that lets the container jar latch again smoothly.