Travel Ideas on Weekend Getaway
A sort of travelogue
The last weekend of September brought me into both melancholy and surprise as unexpected invitation came rightly into my eyes while perusing my Facebook account.
I was melancholic or in the verge of loneliness while anticipating my work trip abroad as a seafarer and surprise as a very daring invite came from a friend who is willing to let me visit their home.
Without much farther ado, I sit aside my previous plans and hit it on a very special road trip that will also bring back memories during my radio days.
It's still an unfamiliar terrain for me as I am heading to the place with just the direction through text messages. Talk about modern technology, huh!
In other words, with a little money in my pocket, I followed my friend's advice that I should revisit their place and spend the weekend with her family.
It was raining when I boarded an ordinary bus going to the city of their place. Our texting episodes continue until I reach the bus terminal of the city. I looked for the right jeepney which will take me to their place.
After hours of rainy trip, I reached their place, seeing my friend and her niece waiting for my arrival.
The succeeding two days were an enjoyable weekend of reminiscing old events, cooking comfort foods (Filipino dishes), enjoying the music, sharing comments on the programs being viewed on television and relating family stories that interlink our friendship.
Some of my activities during my weekend tripClick thumbnail to view full-size
Share your ideas
I never run out of ideas when it comes to having a fun-filled weekend, away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
Here's what I've learned during the impromptu invitation made by my friend.
- The proximity of the place is also equals to the money you'll spend on that weekend trip.
- Expect help from the one who invited you. He or she just want to see the new you and have a chat with you.
- Enjoy reminiscing what happened ten years ago. It's all recorded in our minds plus the available old photos you can scan, if you don't have a copy of it.
- Try helping cooking viands in the kitchen. Share your home-cooked recipes that they'll surely enjoy.
- Talk about everything, from current events, personal or family matters over a cup of coffee or fresh refreshments, like buko (young coconut fruit) or share opinion regarding television programs they like.
- Appreciate the environment and befriend their neighbors, as well.
Things just happened so fast and unexpectedly in a span of ten years.
- My friend told me that her nurse-friend met a road accident while on the way for vacation in the province at the northern part of the country.
- She happily recounted that her grandmother (father side) celebrated her 100th birthday recently. When asked about her longevity, her abuela (granny) answered that the secret is all about eating vegetables. Bulanglang or boiled vegetables are still preferred by the elderly instead of fancy foods at the nearest fastfood or restaurants.
- Other elders, including her father are now cautioned to evade smoking cigarette and drinking hard liquor (lambanog), since it can trigger more deadly complications, like lung cancer and heart attack.
More Ideas on Weekend Getaway
More conversation regarding Weekend Getaways
- 3 Ways to Have a Cheap Romantic Weekend Getaway
If you need cheap romantic getaway ideas, consider 3 great suggestions for you and your special someone.
- Weekend Getaway Ideas And Tips
hello everyone thanks for visiting.I'm ready for the weekend been thinking of some free things to do and i have come up with a couple of ideas.One idea is to go to the park and have a cook out or picnic and go fishing man that last one sounds like...
- Best Weekend Getaways in New York City
The Big Apple is a place for the best weekend getaway in New York City
More by this Author
The Hot Springs of Albay serves as my banner hub for my series on Amazing Travel in the Philippines. It scored a 100 Hub Score way back 2011 and gave me a satisfying 100 % profile score. Find out why...read on!
"It's MORE FUN in the Philippines." This is the 2012 Ad Campaign of the Department of Tourism in order to boost the industry to the international scene. How effective it is? Well, it is receiving a lot of...
High school students are always interested in friendship during this stage of education. Making friends and creating groups are but some of their most anticipated pastime. However, some students can be very cautious in...