Explore Alaska-Tourism and Vacation Attractions
Vacation in Alaska
When you are planning a vacation trip to Alaska, it is important that you execute wisely so that you will be able to see as many of the wide range of attractions that the state has to offer.
Whether you are visiting for a week or a few days, you will find plenty to fill your time within this fantastic getaway.
When it comes to Alaskan ‘must-see’ attractions, there are way too many to squeeze them all into a few days.
Between dog sledding and beautiful landscape, there is so much that this state has to offer.
However, when you do visit, be sure to include a few of these items into your vacation to make it fun and memorable
Denali National Park
When traveling Alaska you may encounter the home of Mount McKinley, which at 20,320 feet is the tallest point in North America.
If you plan on traveling this area though, make sure that you time it right. Some have found that waiting until later in the summer will cause them to miss the snow covered beauty that Mount McKinley is known for.
What do you think about Denali National Park?See results without voting
Kenai Fjords National Park Day Cruise
One of the best things about traveling in Alaska is all the wildlife that the state has to offer.
On this long cruise, you will be able to see it all along the stunning countryside that this area is famous for.
Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve
Taking in the beautiful glaciers has never been easier when you take a boat tour or a Passage cruise through this area.
There are even amenities available for those who want to enjoy the view from the land as well.
Mendenhall Glacier in Juneau
This Glacier fills the entire Mendenhall Valley until it empties into Mendenhall Lake.
You can avoid the cold, however, by utilizing the Visitor Center that offers many great viewing areas, and a look at the history and the science behind the glacier.
If you are feeling somewhat adventurous, you can venture outside and enjoy some of the trails for a close-up look.
Fun Day Trips
Have a day or two that you are looking to fill? These attractions are popular and many of them are great for families with kids:
- Alaska Aviation Heritage Museum – Great for those who love aeronautics and you will be able to view over 20 vintage aircraft here.
- Alaska Zoo – Those who live out of state will enjoy seeing some of the animals that are native to the state. This is a great attraction for those with children.
- Anchorage Museum of History and Art – here you can see the best art in the state as well as learn more about the rich history that the state has to offer.
- Elmendorf State Hatchery – This area is run by Alaska’s fish and game department. They offer a special viewing area as they produce salmon and trout for fishing purposes.
- H2Oasis – This is another great attraction for those with kids. It is an indoor water park with everything that a water lover will enjoy: slides, water coasters and more!
- Juneau Trolley Car Company – This Company stops at 13 interesting locations throughout Juneau as part of a narrated tour.
- Mount Robert Tramway – Also located in Juneau, this tram continues up to an amazing 1800 feet where you can enjoy some shops and a restaurant as well as a theater, nature center and walking trails.
- The Imaginarium – For those who have kids that love science, this center offers a fun, hands on experience for the whole family to enjoy
- Pioneer Park – There’s no better way to add some excitement to a vacation than visiting an amusement park. This option in Fairbanks has over 40 acres of excitement to choose from.
St. Nicholas Russian Orthodox Church
This is a great site to see and was first built in 1894. It is still used to this day and offers
One of the best things about traveling to Alaska is that there are accommodations for everyone, regardless of their person style and preference.
You can easily find hotels and lodges to help you enjoy the area in comfort and style or you can spend some time in the wilderness by staying at a wilderness lodge.
For those who really want a vacation close to wildlife, there are even bear viewing lodges, as well as fishing lodges for those who are interested in this sport.
Bed and Breakfasts are also a staple in the state as are areas for people to camp, park RVs and rent cabins.
Whether you are looking to tough it out in the wilderness or are looking for a bit more comfort, Alaska has something for the whole family to enjoy.
You should plan your vacation well because there is much that this beautiful state has to offer.
It is likely that you will need to come back several times before you see everything that is on your list.
© 2015 starme77
More by this Author
Explore the Rivers and Waterfalls of Oregon. the town of Alsea, The Umpqua river, Silver Falls and more.
Maine has much to offer those who are planning a vacation . You will easily be able to find fantastic attractions from agricultural to arts, culture, cusine, out door fun, shopping, events and more
According to The Constitution of the United States of America, Child Protection Services (CPS) routinley violates parental rights destroying families using corruption, threats, lies and coercion,