Visiting the Baltimore Inner Harbor - Where to Stay, Resturants, Paddle Boats, Fort McHenry
The Baltimore Inner Harbor
Over the last 50 years the Baltimore Inner Harbor has been transformed from a shipping seaport into a travel destination. The Inner Harbor has a lot to offer visitors from Shops and Restaurants to Museums and an Aquarium.
At the inner harbor your fun is not just restricted to the land. There are paddle boats that you can rent by the hour and even a water taxi that will take you from one end of the harbor to the other.
The Inner Harbor makes Baltimore one of my favorite cities to go to for a long weekend trip.
Book any of the Baltimore Inner Harbor area Hotels for your next weekend excursion.
Shopping at the Harbor Place
In the upper East side of the Harbor there is a shopping center called Harbor Place. This mall has a variety of shops from clothing to specialty stores and restaurants.
You will often see street performers outside of Harbor Place. Sometimes they will be dancing for passers by, other times their will be artists making spraypaint art or stencil drawings.
There is also a small amphitheater area where bands will hold concerts.
Just to the the East of Harbor Place you will find the paddle boat dock where you can rent a boat to paddle around the harbor. If you go to the Inner Harbor with a date make sure to take them out for a sunset paddle boat ride.
Where to Eat at the Inner Harbor
There is no shortage of Restaurants at the Inner Harbor.
- The Rusty Scupper - If you are looking for an authentic seafood restaurant, this is the place. Check out their brunch if you are on a budget, but still want to eat here.
- HardRock Cafe - The Hardrock is in the old power plant building. Check out the intricate detail that was crafted into this amazing old building.
- The Cheesecake Factory - Not just great cheesecake.
- Five Guys Famous Burgers and Fries - One of the most popular new Burger chains.
- Phillips Seafood Restaurant - This is the place to go to get those famous Maryland Crab Cakes.
- The Fudgery - You will get more than just Fudge at the Fudgery. Here the employees will give you a song and a show.
- Ben & Jerry's - Enjoy some of the unique flavors of Ben & Jerry's ice cream.
- Marble Slab Creamery - Handcrafted ice cream mixed on a marble slab with toppings of your choice.
Things To Do at the Inner Harbor
There are a number of things to do inside the Inner Harbor.
- The National Aquarium - This is one place you will not want to miss. It costs just over $20 to get in the Aquarium, but it is well worth it. This is one of the best and largest aquariums in the world, so plan a day to walk through all of the exhibits.
- The Maryland Science Center - This is a fun museum that your children will enjoy and learn something at.
- The Baltimore Public Works Museum - This is a one of a kind museum where visitors learn about the public roads, city water and sewers work in a city like Baltimore.
- The USS Constellation - You can walk the decks of this US Sloop of War, which was in service for the US Navy from 1854-1955. This ship has a long history that you will learn about on the various tours.
- Fort McHenry - Visit this historic Fort which inspired Francis Scott Key to write his famous poem Defense of Form McHenry. This poem was later put to music, retitled The Star Spangled Banner and made into the United States National Anthem.
Other Things Around the Baltimore Inner Harbor
When visiting Baltimore you don't have to be confined to just the inner Harbor. There is plenty of other places to visit in the City of Baltimore. Here is a short list of some other things around Baltimore's Inner Harbor.
- Oriole Part At Camden Yards - The ballpark for the Baltimore Orioles is just a couple blocks from the Inner Harbor. Even if there isn't a ball game going on this Stadium is still worth visiting.
- Lexington Market
- Baltimore City Hall
- National Museum of Dentistry
More by this Author
- 6Great Wolf Lodge - Family Fun Vacation - Find Closest Great Wolf Lodge Location - As seen on undercover boss
If you are looking for a great place to take your family for vacation look no further than your closest Great Wolf Lodge. With 11 locations throughout the United States and one in Niagara Falls Canada, no matter if you...
Growing up just a mile from the banks of the Hudson, the Hudson river will always hold a special place in my heart. The Hudson River and the Valley surrounding it is a truly beautiful place. I remember after every...
Learn how to make ledges for your chinchilla's cage.