Where To Find RV Parks and Housing Near the North Dakota Bakken Oil Field Job Sites
RV Living For Work And Travel Can Be A Good Option
Oil Projects in North Dakota Fast-Tracked by the White House
The number of new oil wells approved for North Dakota increased to 500 total in 2012, with 200 new wells already in place in the western part of the state. Many more wells are planned for construction.
By 2035, the number of new wells will be in the thousands. More people will be moving to the oil patch cities and more housing will be needed, but RVs are a good start on housing.
On October 10, 2011 President Obama fast-tracked 80 applications for Oil and Gas Projects in the North Dakota/Little Missouri National Grasslands.
The infrastructure improvement projects in the Grasslands were named among 15 highest priorities for oil and gas projects in America. The oil boom has continued to expand in the state through 2015 and is expected to continue further.
By 2035, the number of new wells in North Dakota will be in the thousands.
Current Bakken Oil Field Job Listings
- Jobs2Careers: Job Search Engine, Search Jobs & Employment
Local jobs & employment: search for all local jobs in your area on Jobs2Careers.
- ND Workforce Connection
North Dakota Workforce Connection - Search with Keywords "oil, gas, oil field, Bakken", and similar.
Some of the jobs in high demand along Highway 2 and in New Town:
- HES Technicians,
- Production and Construction Foremen,
- Pipeline Technicians,
- Drivers and Driver Trainees,
- Automation Specialists,
- Office Assistants,
- Lead Maintenance Operators,
- Lease Operators,
- Truck Drivers,
- Maintenance Technicians,
- Project Engineers, other.
Highway 2 Is a Major Route into Oil Field Cities
Four Bears Lodge is about 5 miles southeast of New Town, a major point in the oil fields.
See second Map below for city information.
Major oil drilling continues in this Native American Reservation town; non-natives are hired as well. Hundreds of new wells on the way!
RVs and Campers
Northwest North Dakota
One of the major sites in the North Dakota Oil Boom is New Town, North Dakota, south of Highway 2. RV campgrounds there and in the surrounding area include the list provided below. At least 40 new oil wells were scheduled for drilling in 2011, but the area can support several times that number.
Located on native reserve land to which non-natives are welcomed to work, the oil fields here await additional release of approved federal funding to help with 1) local oil drilling and refining and 2) refining of incoming Canadian oil via pipline. It is predicted that the yield of oil from North Dakota will reach 24,000,000,000 barrels and that Halliburton will hire 11,000 workers in late 2011 - early 2012.
New Town: Four Bears RV Park
- 202 Frontage Road, New Town, ND, 58763; (800) 294-5454. The RV park has expanded from 30 to 85 full-hookup parking sites. Golf and Billiards on site. Current rate advertised in October 2011 is $12.72/night for stays of longer than 30 days. Price is double for fewer than 30 days. The RV park is about 1/4 from the Four Bears Lodge on Lake Sakakawea approximately 5 miles southeast of the center of New Town. The lodge has a number higher-paying jobs as well, given the icnreased tourist trade and gradual influx of new workers.
Additional RV Parks are located along Highway 2 and about 23 - 25 miles from New Town, as listed below:
- Epping RV & Camp- Seasonal park, open May through October. (701) 570-7222
- Lewis & Clark State Park - 4904 119th Rd. NW. in Epping. Check for camping. the 2010 data reports open all year. (701) 859-3071
- Lund's Landing Resort- Listed on some RV sites, but has only cabins and Tipi/tent camping, lodge and marina. 11350 Hwy. 1804. (701) 568-3474.
- Casa Motel and RV Park. 1900 Highway 2 and 52 W. (701) 852-2352. As of June 2011, $18/night with 50 Amp, Electricity, Water, Sewer, WIFI, and Cable TV. Word is that they specialize in renting to oil workers.
- Odd's Mobile Home Park. 1030 5th Avenue Southwest. (701) 839-4746
- Rough Rider Campground/RV Park. 500 54th St NW. (701) 852-8442. Call for prices and seasonal restrictions.
- Valley View RV Park. 1945 20th Avenue Southeast. (701) 839-8878
- Buffalo Trails Campground. Includes pull-through and big rig sites and allows pets. Listed as Family friendly as well.
- Fort Buford. 15349 39th Ln NW. Maximum stay listed in 2010 as "4 days", but may change with hosuing needs in the area. Pets are welcomed. Call for current season and vacancies. (701) 572-9034
- Prairie Acres. 13853 Highway 2 in Williston. Pull-through and big rig sites, pets accepted. Wi-Fi on site, public phone, library, other. Call for current operating season and vacancies. (701) 572-4860
Additional RV Parks are likely to be constructed to accommodate incoming workers and their families. IN the meantime a sort of housing shortage is beginning in later 2011, as predicted by the Three Tribes on whose reservation much of the oil is found. Long-term affordable housing is needed and has been proposed. Additional infrastructure construction begins already for other building needs.
Additional Suggestions for Housing
Houses and Apartments in Bismarck, Williston and nearby
Check Craigslist for Bismarck, North Dakota for houses, apartments, mobile home lots and others nearest Williston, Newtown, and other oil towns.
- Craigslist Bismarck for housing: http://bismarck.craigslist.org/search/apa?query=+
Target Logistics Bear Paw Lodge
Area for Largest Oil Deposits, per Bakken Dispatch
Badlands Trail Rides and Eastview Campground (RV Park). 10456 10th St. NW in Killdeer, ND. "Full RV Hook-up Sites" available. (701) 764-8000
The lodge here has almost 600 beds for workers.
Guides to the Oil Patch
Additional Lodges for Oil and Gas Field Workers
- Stanley Cabins and the Stanley Hotel - Stanley, North Dakota, near Route 2
- Williston Cabins, Williams County Lodge, Judson Executive Lodge - All in Williston.
- Dunn County Lodge - Dickinson, North Dakota. About 600 beds.
- Mobile lodges pop up as needed around Western North Dakota.
North Dakota Oil and Wind Energy Jobs
- Bakken Dispatch (@BakkenDispatch) | Twitter
The latest Tweets from Bakken Dispatch (@BakkenDispatch). Bakken Dispatch was launched to provide news, information and job listings for and about the Bakken oil boom in North Dakota
- North Dakota Oil Job Listings: Oil and Gas Industry in ND
NDOilJobs.com offers the best and most up to date job information for oil industry jobs in North Dakota! Check for Wind Energy jobs as well.
- NDIC Oil & Gas Division Home Page
NDIC Oil and Gas Division home page. Regulation of drilling and production of oil and natural gas in North Dakota.
- Where to Find Bakken and Williston Basin Oil and Gas Jobs - New Hospital, Schools, Rec Center and C
New Town in North Dakota projects a need for 500 oil wells by 2015. West of Fargo, its job listings are expanding.
- Top 10 Hot Jobs in Bismarck, North Dakota - Insurance, Healthcare and Government
North Dakota may sound far flung and cold, but it is the home to friendly people, four seasons of activities, and successful companies that are growing with additional jobs.
FEEL FREE TO LIST AVAILABLE LIVING ACCOMMODATIONS IN THE OIL FIELD REGION HERE. WORKERS, JUST CHECK THEM OUT BEFORE GOING TO NORTH DAKOTA.
© 2011 Patty Inglish
More by this Author
If you need a job, you can probably find one in Texas! Perhaps you're unemployed at 55+, a Veteran or widowed and never worked. Texas has agencies funded to help you find new employment fast.
Cherry Springs State Park is a showplace for the Northern Lights. Every 11 years, sunspot activity increases to maximum, allowing the Northern Lights to be seen even more often.
Do you want to take advantage of financial benefits (lower taxes, business tax credits, in-state college tuition, etc.) by establishing residency in another US state? Here's what to do.